Sam the only player to stay for the Eyes

GreenspointTexas

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’ll go out on a limb and say more players would’ve been out there if we had won. 

They’d just lost an emotional game. Dudes are pissed. Many are soured on the song. To extrapolate that the players who didn’t stand out there hate the school or the team or Sam is ridiculous. I don’t give a fuck who does or doesn’t stand out there after the game. Just fucking play better & win.

Not taking away from your point, but this also happened after the TCU loss (previously said it was after UTEP but think it was TCU where I saw it),  

I told this board months ago that not just canning the eyes of Texas would result in so many embarrassing and uncomfortable moments that the university would eventually just have to change it. Today is embarrassing event number one. I’m sure there will be many more.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

I have never been more disappointed in a Texas football team than I am because of what that picture represents.  I don't care if Herman is the biggest piece of shit on the planet.  It isn't Herman's fault they are standing on that field win or lose.  And no, I am not a Herman supporter but that picture is indicative of the type of players he is trying to coach and how they feel about the fans and the university.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

We’ve seen how it’s played out. Division is a cancer for a football team. These guys have nothing to rally around because some of them would rather manufacture a reason to be offended to gain attention. 

I’ve always appreciated that I’ve never had to hear your takes on social issues. But 2020.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Bruno Sardine said:

Well I assume they are rational beings. If you believe the song is racist, then you believe people who continue to sing the song are racist. Right?

I believe you’re an idiot.  Well, I guess that’s all that matters.  I believe it so you are.  

To not acknowledge the fans in any way after a W or L is bullshit. They don’t have to sing the Eyes (OMG the horror of having to sing a silly song that’s isn’t racist) but acknowledge the fans. Herman needs to stand with them and make them do a quick Hook’em to acknowledge the fans. Otherwise play nothing at all. Band should wait to play until they leave the field. We can all shout after a loss “that’s alright! That’s ok! You weren’t gonna beat them anyway!” As they are jogging off the field. 

ricky and Earl would never never do this. I care more about their opinions on this matter bc they have EARNED the right to speak on it. Earned it with gusto! 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Sam's also the only Texas QB to lose to 4 different OU QBs. Of all the things that's a problem, guys staying for the Eyes is well down the list. There is rot both within the fan base and the program. We are Tennessee after Fulmer. We are Michigan after Lloyd Carr. Florida after Spurrier. This was what pushing Mack out could've led to. We are where we are because our donors and administration continually goes for the group of 5 candidate over a true coaching search. Mack was not a Group of 5 coach. He was a 10 win coach at a major conference. Until we look for that, we'll be in the exact same position we're in. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What does this even mean? Are you saying we are playing poorly because they don't all stand for The Eyes?

You are in a thread of grown men FURIOUSLY posting about how young men are going into the locker room instead of standing during a variation of I've Been Working on the Railroad.

Besides, all players but one were in the locker room... sounds like unity to me.

I'm not speaking for Pete but it's disheartening to see a team not stand together, on and off the field.  And, I don't care if they sing The Eyes or not but would like to see them on the same page.  Not sure if you're being sarcastic with your last sentence, but there is no "unity" in a football team when your QB is missing.  For someone as smart as you, you're such a contrarion bitch who loves to stir the pot.  

Edited by Hmmm
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hmmm said:

I'm not speaking for Pete but it's disheartening to see a team not stand together.  And, I don't care if it's on the team singing or not.  Not sure if you're being sarcastic with your last sentence, but there is no "unity" in a football team where your QB is missing.  For someone as smart as you, you're such a contrarion bitch who loves to stir the pot.  

So if Sam was in the locker room with the rest and only a backup OT was standing alone for The Eyes, you'd be mad at the backup OT for not being unified?

Pull the other one.

The team seems almost perfectly united on the issue of The Eyes. That's not sarcasm, that's the evidence of my eyes.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I told this board months ago that not just canning the eyes of Texas would result in so many embarrassing and uncomfortable moments that the university would eventually just have to change it. Today is embarrassing event number one. I’m sure there will be many more.

Embarrassment was all on the field. Players and coaches own that. Only respectable display today was from Sam and the fans.  

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Looks like you were right.

1 minute ago, Hmmm said:

I'm not speaking for Pete but it's disheartening to see a team not stand together.  And, I don't care if it's on the team singing or not.  Not sure if you're being sarcastic with your last sentence, but there is no "unity" in a football team where your QB is missing.  For someone as smart as you, you're such a contrarion bitch who loves to stir the pot.  

I mean the team is kind of standing together. It is one who stayed. Everyone is defending him because he is doing what they accept. If he was say..the only one kneeling at the anthem errrrrbody would be pissed at him

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So if Sam was in the locker room with the rest and only a backup OT was standing alone for The Eyes, you'd be mad at the backup OT for not being unified?

Pull the other one.

The team seems almost perfectly united on the issue of The Eyes. That's not sarcasm, that's the evidence of my eyes.

I'm not mad at any of the players for choosing to stay and sing or not.  You can add in the coaches to your equation too.

Edited by Hmmm

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Did I accidentally go to texags?

This site will look for anything to bitch about. So yes, we're fucking aggy now. We're living on past glory, we're angry that the players won't uncover, and we try to laugh at the failures of others to mask our own massive deficiencies. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Bunch of pussies with no heart. Sam is the only one that cares, but he’s no VY to carry the whole team.

I get your point, but that was a team full of badasses, not just VY.   2005 team kicks the shit out of today's soft-ass team regardless of who is under center for either side.   

Back on topic... I couldn't care less about the song but fuck anyone who is willing to leave a lone player out there for any reason.  

• Hook 'Em 2

We lost control when our university caved to the mob about a song that isn’t racist. And staying isn’t about black or white it’s about doing everything as a football team. This team is fractured from the top all the way down. 

It’s only get worse and worse with the up and coming pussies coming on the 40 acres. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

I mean the team is kind of standing together. It is one who stayed. Everyone is defending him because he is doing what they accept. If he was say..the only one kneeling at the anthem errrrrbody would be pissed at him

What are those other guys playing for? We know Sam is beyond proud to represent The University of Texas. I don’t see an ounce of pride in the rest of them. 

Here's the problem. For 100 years, the tradition of singing the song after the game with the team was just the fans telling the team we support you guys and the University of Texas, win, lose or draw. That's all it has ever meant.  The fact that the players don't want to sing it anymore doesn't mean that they don't care. It just means they have bought into the latest social justice fad proving they care about more than just football.  Unfortunately, as silly as it is, it's hard for fans not to take it exactly as the fans on this thread are taking it.  And more unfortunately, it will be hard to move forward without abandoning a cherished Texas tradition.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This site will look for anything to bitch about. So yes, we're fucking aggy now. We're living on past glory, we're angry that the players won't uncover, and we try to laugh at the failures of others to mask our own massive deficiencies. 

At least aggy beat Florida today.  

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

We lost control when our university caved to the mob about a song that isn’t racist. And staying isn’t about black or white it’s about doing everything as a football team. This team is fractured from the top all the way down. 

It’s only get worse and worse with the up and coming pussies coming on the 40 acres. 

So we see Sam is the only one on the field...why is the blame on every other player for creating a "fractured" locker room? I say this completely theoretically, but why wouldn't we blame Sam for fracturing the team when he's the only defector?

For what it's worth, I think this team's lack of effort is because they've completely lost faith in Herman and his coaching staff. Correlation with the Eyes != causation.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Tex Pete said:

What are those other guys playing for? We know Sam is beyond proud to represent The University of Texas. I don’t see an ounce of pride in the rest of them. 

Interesting to learn that singing the Eyes of Texas after a football game is literally the only way one can be proud to be a Longhorn

• Hook 'Em 1

This is on coaching.

Whatever you think about the Eyes, you can't deny it's a bad look when nobody stands with Sam. Don't sing, don't raise your hands, whatever, but have the presence of mind to recognize that it is his final RRS game and he did almost everything possible to get a win for this team. Especially after the call out last week. So be there for him. Who or what else could possibly take precedence over that? It's not about the fans. You're dumb if you expect "acknowledgment."

Why is this on coaching? Because, let's be frank, there are other teams that have way more problematic racial issues/histories than Texas and hell, have coaches who it is clear as daylight where their political sympathies lie and had been on shaky ground this summer. Those teams have "SJW" players as well and are not facing these issues. Saban and Dabo have a couple of their most prominent players and leaders on the team out there doing it. But miracles of miracles, those guys know how to coach on and off the field, and none of those issues ever flared up to show a crack in the appearance that they are a team. Did Herman bother to recruit any of the alumni players who one would hope the players would respect, come and give their take on the matter? Did he fail to see why the optics of this are bad? Or do we even lack those alumni as well? Or worse yet, they don't like the current players either.

I don't think this marks the reason why Texas sucks; it's just a symptom of the broader problems on hand. But it's an easy mark for many to hit.

Edited by naija
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Don't forget the coaches.

1 minute ago, naija said:

This is on coaching.

Whatever you think about the Eyes, you can't deny it's a bad look when nobody stands with Sam. Don't sing, don't raise your hands, whatever, but have the presence of mind to recognize that it is his final RRS game and he did almost everything possible to get a win for this team. So be there for him. Who or what else could possibly take precedence over that? It's not about the fans. You're dumb if you expect "acknowledgment."

Why is this on coaching? Because, let's be frank, there are other teams that have way more problematic racial issues/histories than Texas and hell, have coaches who it is clear as daylight where their political sympathies lie and had been on shaky ground this summer. Those teams have "SJW" players as well and are not facing these issues. Saban and Dabo have a couple of their most prominent players and leaders on the team out there doing it. But miracles of miracles, those guys know how to coach on and off the field, and none of those issues ever flared up to show a crack in the appearance that they are a team. Did Herman bother to recruit any of the alumni players who one would hope the players would respect, come and give their take on the matter? Did he fail to see why the optics of this are bad? Or do we even lack those alumni as well? Or worse yet, they don't like the current players either.

I don't think this marks the reason why Texas sucks; it's just a symptom of the broader problems on hand. But it's an easy mark for many to hit.

100%

Edited by UTEX_ME

1 minute ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Interesting to learn that singing the Eyes of Texas after a football game is literally the only way one can be proud to be a Longhorn

I’m just observing their actions. Guess I should add: they’re proud as fuck of themselves while flexing after making a tackle 15 yards downfield. Not sure what else they’re playing for. 

• Hook 'Em 4