Big 12 Admits Officials Made Timing Error in OU-Texas Game

Cornfusion

Since it is a bye week, here is something to pass the time:

Texas and Oklahoma ended up playing a fourth quarter that was 39 seconds longer than it should have been.

The Big 12 admitted Monday that officials incorrectly added 39 seconds back onto the clock in Oklahoma’s four-overtime win after reviewing the spot of a Sam Ehlinger run. Ehlinger had initially been granted a first down on the play, but officials determined that he hadn’t gotten to the line of scrimmage.

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-12-admits-officials-incorrectly-added-39-seconds-to-clock-in-fourth-quarter-of-oklahomas-4-ot-win-over-texas-165855260.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaHVza2VyYm9hcmQuY29tL2luZGV4LnBocD8vdG9waWMvODk4NTgtd291bGQteW91LWxpa2UtdG8tc2VlLXRleGFzLW91LWluLXRoZS1iMWctd2VzdC9wYWdlLzYv&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABkUw8ny--6cOY-25I1RyyUQgB8DJ8TPUD7aOBpJ6C8NtVdSBjAdSfbJmbgZiwwgocclhlEN182Kv8tbMcNTxnJShEWxwekw_zfhq0cyEUAfQXgndhoWV0V64us2iBMaPsYLSNli6iamqdKwq6Hlizav9JibzTo_ofBFcXnRUAOt

Edited by Cornfusion
Added blurb

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

big woop.  get back to us when they acknowledge the bullshit from our tcu game.

So much this. The B12 needs to get fucked for that game, start to finish. Was there ever a statement from the B12 or did they pretend it didn't happen?

"We questioned the officials about it,” Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley said at his Monday news conference. “I actually thought they were going to stop it and talk about it, but they didn't. We were not happy about it over on our sideline."

Comes from OU bitching, since our last score in the 4th was with 14 seconds left.

14 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Did Riley pay the refs to publish this so his decision to throw on 4th down doesn't look so bad? "There should have been less time on the clock!"

Yeah, he could have run 40 seconds off the clock, but the dumbass had Rattler throw a pass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Hey yo

I don't really remember this play.

But I do remember us preliminarily getting a 1st down run from Sam which was overturned and resulted in a 4th down run for a 1st. That play chewed up additional time. From the stadium view, there was no justification to overturn. Granted that view was not great to make a determination.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Watching Texas Football Overdrive.

We did come out ahead on the time issue, but not convinced there was proof Sam did not get the first.

But I am curious on the Kerstetter personal foul on the Sam run to the 1 in the first half. There should have been a check for a 1st. That was blown off. If its deadball, then it possibly should have been first down from the 18.

And if someone writes about an officiating error, shouldn't they get the details correct? Maybe I can't read but thought it said Sam didn't get back to the los. He was well past the los.

8 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

We did come out ahead on the time issue, but not convinced there was proof Sam did not get the first.

Of course there was no evidence he didn't make it. Not from those angles. Nada. I like how they pretended they could see it well enough to know he was 1/2 yard short. Complete nonsense. Had they ruled Sam short on the field, there wouldn't have been enough in the video to overturn that, either. 

And of course they fucked up the clock. When they added 56 seconds or whatever it was, I knew something was wrong there.

Amazing. They actually managed to fuck both teams on one play.

• Hook 'Em 1

I liked when Eagles(?) had a catch near the ground, they called it a catch on the field, reviewed it for like 5 minutes, somehow found indisputable evidence it wasn't a catch and reversed it.  OU sucks had a very similar play on a crucial third down, but the replay showed the ball dropping out of the WR's hands and bouncing off the ground.  Ruled a catch and no review.  Meanwhile, there was a stoppage to review pretty much every big play we made, despite how obvious it was.  Shitty coaching, shitty execution, and shitty officiating seem to be the hallmarks of every game.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

Hey Cornfusion

Can you let me know 3 Big 12 persons responsible for the officiating (not including Bowlsby)? Bios from the 12 website. Actually I don't think Burks is on there.

And if one of those had Nebraska ties, might they be hostile towards the Horns?

And if one of those had Nebraska ties, might they be hostile towards the Horns?

Maybe in a Texas-Kansas State game, but probably not Texas-Oklahoma.  Then again, who knows what triggers any certain individual?  For example, I firmly believed that nobody hated Nebraska football more than Steve Pedersen, former Athletic Director of Nebraska.  He had past bad history with Nebraska football players when he was a student at Nebraska, one of them being a cousin of mine.  He tried to gut the Tom Osborne legacy, even removing plaques and pictures of that era and purging anybody in the athletic program from those times.

So could a Nebraskan not like Texas?  Sure.  So could a Texan or an Oklahoman or somebody from Kansas.