Astros 2020-21 offseason- can't be any worse than last year, right? RIGHT?

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

I think we win both 2019 and 2020.

While the suspensions were for other reasons, I’m going to convince myself Luhnow’s was punishment for not re-signing Morton and Hinch’s was punishment for pulling the guy Luhnow traded for to make up for his error in not re-signing Morton.

...nope didn’t work. I’m still fucking pissed 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

While the suspensions were for other reasons, I’m going to convince myself Luhnow’s was punishment for not re-signing Morton and Hinch’s was punishment for pulling the guy Luhnow traded for to make up for his error in not re-signing Morton.

...nope didn’t work. I’m still fucking pissed 

too soon

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I think if the Astros are looking to bring in some rotation reclamation projects, Michael Wacha and Trevor Williams would be 2 decent candidates. I also would like them to try and get Aaron Sanchez back as well.

Lemme see if I can get in throwing shape and I'll submit my name as a reclamation project

On 11/24/2020 at 2:39 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Glad to CFM cashing in. He was great in Tampa 

we win a 2nd WS if we would have kept him 

hard case to make when Gerrit Cole couldn't get on the bump during that Game 7.  Hell, CFM might have been a spectator too.

9 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I would love to get Eddie Rosario.  If you project last season over 150 games played, he's averaged around 30 HR for the last 4 seasons, and he just turned 29.  I feel like he could just about replace Springer's production.

Yep. Straight up claim him off waivers and deal with ARB price. Probably cheaper than resigning Brantley.

I know he was a favorite whipping boy around here, but I will miss Reddick. I appreciate those moments he gave us, especially with his defense, and I love Jett's defense of all things Woooston. Jett Reddick and Ashley McHugh are my favorite Astros wags because they take no shit online from opposing fanbases and can dish it out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

per Stros411.com ::

SPRINGER NEWS (we’ll sorta)

@mikelucianosup reported on FanSided that the Blue Jays used Cavan Biggio in their pitch to George Springers team in their presentation to encourage him to come up North. @LockedOnAstros #astrostwitter

It’s also believed that the Mets are going after Springer very aggressively and Jake Odorozzi. Possible contract in the 200 million range for 5-7 years.

(This is speculation and rumor, but the stove is heating up.)

Unfortunately we know it’s an inevitable conclusion that Springer plays for the Mets or Blue Jays. Red Sox a distant 3rd. Home and family in Connecticut a strong pull. I think Mets present a win now option more so than the Blue Jays.

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

per Stros411.com ::

SPRINGER NEWS (we’ll sorta)

@mikelucianosup reported on FanSided that the Blue Jays used Cavan Biggio in their pitch to George Springers team in their presentation to encourage him to come up North. @LockedOnAstros #astrostwitter

It’s also believed that the Mets are going after Springer very aggressively and Jake Odorozzi. Possible contract in the 200 million range for 5-7 years.

(This is speculation and rumor, but the stove is heating up.)

Unfortunately we know it’s an inevitable conclusion that Springer plays for the Mets or Blue Jays. Red Sox a distant 3rd. Home and family in Connecticut a strong pull. I think Mets present a win now option more so than the Blue Jays.

200 million for springer sounds insane. 7 years at 28 and change for a 32 year old?  Crazy. 
hope he gets it- good for him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

I hope he gets it because I love him, but that is a crazy contract for a dude who most likely isn't going to age gracefully.  I think he's likely to drop off a cliff once he starts losing bat speed.

Agreed, but just in case, let's hope he's in the NL half of the playoff bracket if he's not here.