The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Agreed.  There are a significant number of pro-life Trumpers who ONLY align because of that single issue.  Many of them would otherwise align on immigration or even guns with centrists or even the left.  They willingly admit that they are single-issue voters who have to hold their nose while they case their vote.  It matters that much to them.  

I've said it before -- the abortion issue has utterly broken the political process in this country.  You have a huge chunk of the population who would vote for Beelzebub Stalin Hitler Puppykiller Childrapist (R), so long as he checked "pro-life" on the candidate information form.  That piece of information gives shitheels free reign within that party -- so long as they are pro-life, they can be ANYTHING else, and it doesn't matter.

So, Candidate Puppykiller Childrapist grabs 20-30% of the vote just by being pro-life.  But he needs more to win.  Hey, there are some angry old racists over there (sure, there's some overlap with the pro-life crowd, but a good number of them are still there to be plucked).  Maybe if I appeal to racism and xenophobia, I'll build enough of a coalition with the pro-lifers to win!  I mean, if the pro-life crowd wasn't entirely single-issue, and wasn't willing to overlook literally every sin EXCEPT abortion, then I'd need to do something different.  But they're with me no matter what, so I can fill out a coalition with the most loathsome scum imaginable.  And...that's how you get a Trump.  And a Trump 2.0, and 3.0, etc.

Abortion is how we got Trump.  And it's going to guarantee a parade of Trumps going forward.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I've said it before -- the abortion issue has utterly broken the political process in this country.  You have a huge chunk of the population who would vote for Beelzebub Stalin Hitler Puppykiller Childrapist (R), so long as he checked "pro-life" on the candidate information form.  That piece of information gives shitheels free reign within that party -- so long as they are pro-life, they can be ANYTHING else, and it doesn't matter.

So, Candidate Puppykiller Childrapist grabs 20-30% of the vote just by being pro-life.  But he needs more to win.  Hey, there are some angry old racists over there (sure, there's some overlap with the pro-life crowd, but a good number of them are still there to be plucked).  Maybe if I appeal to racism and xenophobia, I'll build enough of a coalition with the pro-lifers to win!  I mean, if the pro-life crowd wasn't entirely single-issue, and wasn't willing to overlook literally every sin EXCEPT abortion, then I'd need to do something different.  But they're with me no matter what, so I can fill out a coalition with the most loathsome scum imaginable.  And...that's how you get a Trump.  And a Trump 2.0, and 3.0, etc.

Abortion is how we got Trump.  And it's going to guarantee a parade of Trumps going forward.

no, citizens united is how we got trump

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The most frustrating part is that the candidate doesn't even need to be pro-life, they just have to pretend to care about it.  Trump has spent his entire adult life being the antithesis of what the pro-life movement represents, but he reads some lines off of a teleprompter and lets a few preachers touch him and suddenly he's a full-fledged evangelical.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The most frustrating part is that the candidate doesn't even need to be pro-life, they just have to pretend to care about it.  Trump has spent his entire adult life being the antithesis of what the pro-life movement represents, but he reads some lines off of a teleprompter and lets a few preachers touch him and suddenly he's a full-fledged evangelical.

Like I said, it's just checking a box.  Pro-life voters are to blame not just because that's their single issue, they're to blame because they're fucking gullible as hell.  Do they REALLY think that Puppykiller Childrapist is actually pro-life?  Really?  Come on.  He's the guy who shows up in Norman at 9:00 am, tells the crowd "Tuck Fexas!", soaks up the applause, gets on a plane, flies to Austin, and at noon tells the crowd "OU sucks!", soaks up the applause, and counts the votes he's getting from all of the idiots who believed him him Norman and Austin.

We literally just elected that guy president.  See the "there's a tweet for every occasion."  There's not a single significant policy issue on which he hasn't told one crowd one thing, and another crowd the opposite.  

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

There is a .01% chance that he hasn't paid for an abortion for himself or his idiot sons.

I used to think this, but I'm not so sure.  Trump doesn't give a shit about his spouses and he seems to be fond of his offspring.  I could see him paying off a birth mother, taking the baby, and making his spouse raise it as her own.  Maybe that's why Barron looks nothing like Melania.  Did anyone ever see her pregnant?

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's creepy watching replays of 2016 campaign rallies. The way the crowd fawns over Bannon-inspired buzz words. We're going to build a wall ... yes a wall .. oh we'll build that wall ... blah blah blah ...

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's almost as if -- wait a moment -- a large number of evangelical leaders are absolutely and completely full of shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Subtweeting the fuck out of WuLaw

2 hours ago, yaqdum said:

i don't begin to believe that 30% is homogeneous.  there is a wing of very sick people and a wing of people who are influenced to participate but aren't internally set.  between is an amalgam of varying natures, but the most reasonable of those people may abandon that group when it is clear they are capable of great noise but mostly only that.  i'm guessing 20% tops is untouchables.  country can get along nicely with them back to muttering and shaking fists at the clouds.  my hope is that with this issue exposed, it can no longer fester and reproduce in the dark corners.

Agree. Many of them had a lot of mad as hell at the status quo DC in common with Bernie voters. Bernie won the Michigan and Wisconsin primaries and was within .4% of Hillary in; IA, KY, and MO. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Do they already have them from Cohen and are seeing if American Media is going to give all of them over or are they implying that to see if Cohen somehow hide some of them?  Are they trying to see if Trump reimbursed the payments?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

4 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Do they already have them from Cohen and are seeing if American Media is going to give all of them over or are they implying that to see if Cohen somehow hide some of them?

I’m not sure where they’re going with this, a big part of me thinks this news about Cohen and the affair payoffs is a PR smokescreen while investigators (Mueller) focus on the really egregious shit like Russian money laundering and treas.. err ah conspiracy 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

It's almost as if -- wait a moment -- a large number of evangelical leaders are absolutely and completely full of shit.

That Jeffress cat up in Dallas sure is. I don't get how a self respecting evangelical preacher can support a twice divorced pussy grabber but alas he has hitched his Southern Baptist wagon to the orangutan and is riding him till the end. He must have a way different bible than I do.

7 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

That Jeffress cat up in Dallas sure is. I don't get how a self respecting evangelical preacher can support a twice divorced pussy grabber but alas he has hitched his Southern Baptist wagon to the orangutan and is riding him till the end. He must have a way different bible than I do.

If anyone is curious about what the Antichrist actually looks like....he looks exactly like Robert Jeffress.

Robert-Jeffress-Trump-Selfie.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If anyone is curious about what the Antichrist actually looks like....he looks exactly like Robert Jeffress.

Robert-Jeffress-Trump-Selfie.jpg

He might be my least favorite person in a state that includes Dan Patrick.

...and of course Jeffress is a fellow Baylor grad.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I wonder when this long national nightmare will be over.

Never.

Oh, Trump & Co. will be out of office....but there will still be a hardcore 30% who will still be defending all of it.  And like others have stated, the next generation of GOP'ers will be just as deranged, hardcore, whatever adjective you wish to describe. 

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Never.

Oh, Trump & Co. will be out of office....but there will still be a hardcore 30% who will still be defending all of it.  And like others have stated, the next generation of GOP'ers will be just as deranged, hardcore, whatever adjective you wish to describe. 

And they'll be completely ignored by the younger generation because they are not willing to put up with the same tired bullshit.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m not sure where they’re going with this, a big part of me thinks this news about Cohen and the affair payoffs is a PR smokescreen while investigators (Mueller) focus on the really egregious shit like Russian money laundering and treas.. err ah conspiracy 

Add to that, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP