The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

41 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Signs pointing to the end of Mueller investigation

I don’t see how it’s a sign but I bet Mueller has farmed out several investigations related to Trump-Russia.

Mueller’s assignment is kind of narrow in that it’s only looking at Trump-Russia through the 2016 election interference.  All the Mueller indictments are related to criminal activity of actors pertaining to Russia and the 2016 election.

He might be done with that part of it.

But there’s the whole obstruction side and the Trump-Russia relationship before and after the election.

There’s also the organized crime, financial (money laundering), and counterintelligence parts that could be still open elsewhere. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

It wasn't reported about so much on Friday morning with all the footage of the FBI knocking on Stone's door, but the Feds also executed search warrants at multiple sites. 

Feds were seen carting off hard drives and other stuff from Stone's FL home, his FL recording studio, and his Harlem apartment.  If Cohen's raid bore fruit, imagine shaking Roger's tree.

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

It wasn't reported about so much on Friday morning with all the footage of the FBI knocking on Stone's door, but the Feds also executed search warrants at multiple sites. 

Feds were seen carting off hard drives and other stuff from Stone's FL home, his FL recording studio, and his Harlem apartment.  If Cohen's raid bore fruit, imagine shaking Roger's tree.

Surely he wouldn't be dumb enough to have anything incriminating at those places at this stage of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Surely he wouldn't be dumb enough to have anything incriminating at those places at this stage of the game. 

He intimidated witnesses *over email* - you know how difficult it is to prove a witness tampering charge with real criminals who intimidate in secret? He put it in writing, signed his name, and sent it from a traceable IP address. You think that’s the kind of guy who can scrub a hard drive of incriminating data?

8 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

That's what I was thinking. Stone seems like he's been up to shady shit for decades now. Seems like if he'd learned anything over the years, it would be how to cover his tracts. But if I had been placing bets on the competency of people in Trump's orbit, I'd be broke, so who knows. 

9 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

That's what I was thinking. Stone seems like he's been up to shady shit for decades now. Seems like if he'd learned anything over the years, it would be how to cover his tracts. But if I had been placing bets on the competency of people in Trump's orbit, I'd be broke, so who knows. 

c4b.gif

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

Can one of the surly legal eagles give us laymen a translation to what this means? 

it's a rubber stamp motion for formalities that doesn't matter, but they messed it up.  just says they aren't members of the bar, so you are supposed to get a local to sponsor your admission for that one case.

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

it's a rubber stamp motion for formalities that doesn't matter, but they messed it up.  just says they aren't members of the bar, so you are supposed to get a local to sponsor your admission for that one case.

So his lawyers aren't real lawyers?

Just now, JimmyJames said:

And screwing up such a routine motion doesn’t bode well for future much more important ones. 

To be fair, they were probably under the gun, trying to get it done without benefit of a local attorney cluing them in to the Judge/local rules.  They should've known better.

Judge is telling them, "Rules matter.  Get your shit together if you want to appear in my Court."

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

That's what the FBI said before they ran into three folders on the coffee table labeled "My Crimes - Me Being Roger Stone"  "Jerome Corsi's Crimes Aside From That Dreadful Sweater Vest"  "Trump's Crimes."  Nobody knew what to think of the framed photograph of Sam Nunberg wearing a sailor suit and holding a lollipop.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I watched "Get Me Roger Stone" last night on recommendations here.  It doesn't shed any light on the conspiracy with Russia angle, aside from letting you know exactly who this guy is and what he is capable of.  My overriding thoughts after watching that don't make a shit:

• Roger Stone has a hand in just about everything I haven't liked in government in general and the GOP in particular since my first vote cast for Reagan.
  • Aside from his having a heavy hand in destroying America, I find myself liking the guy.  He is unabashedly who he is.  Probably a great guy to have a beer with and listen to his fucking stories.
  • I wouldn't go on a double date with him and his wife, tho.
  • He is Trump's soul mate.  I think he is every bit Trump's equal as a narcissist and sociopath.  I think Stone's rules are Trump's rules (better to be infamous than not famous; attack, attack, attack, never defend; nothing is on the level; you must be prepared to do anything; etc...)
  • I can't reconcile point 2 and 4 above.  Trump and Stone are ideological dopplegangers and sociopathic narcissists who are the worst of American politics, but I can't help but feel some respect and even affinity for Roger Stone while I loathe Trump unequivocally. 
  • 2016 makes more sense to me now
  • A lot of what looks like buffoonery on his and Trump's part is carefully manufactured stagecraft to appeal to a certain type of person who can be motivated to vote
  • Trump owes a large debt to Stone for the strength of his political base and 2016 election win 
  • It would be very hard to give anything Roger Stone says any credibility whatsoever in any context, perhaps especially in testimony under oath
  • I am 100% certain that he would criminally conspire with the mafia, Russia, Satan, a dude who raped and killed his mother or whoever was necessary to get his man elected and/or destroy an opponent
  • Presidents come and go, but this guy just keeps on coming back like a horror movie villain
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

To be fair, they were probably under the gun, trying to get it done without benefit of a local attorney cluing them in to the Judge/local rules.  They should've known better.

Judge is telling them, "Rules matter.  Get your shit together if you want to appear in my Court."

This -- it's really not that big a deal.  Sometimes, an attorney gets out over his skis and files his responsive pleading before his pro hac vice motion, but it's quickly and easily remedied, and its truly just a procedural deal.  A bit embarrassing, you should try to avoid it, but it doesn't really hurt you.

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Aside from his having a heavy hand in destroying America, I find myself liking the guy.  He is unabashedly who he is.  Probably a great guy to have a beer with and listen to his fucking stories.

I know someone who related that he talks to Stone with some regularity.  And this is exactly his take.  Every phone call is just a fascinating and entertaining exercise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I watched "Get Me Roger Stone" last night on recommendations here.  It doesn't shed any light on the conspiracy with Russia angle, aside from letting you know exactly who this guy is and what he is capable of.  My overriding thoughts after watching that don't make a shit:

• Roger Stone has a hand in just about everything I haven't liked in government in general and the GOP in particular since my first vote cast for Reagan.
  • Aside from his having a heavy hand in destroying America, I find myself liking the guy.  He is unabashedly who he is.  Probably a great guy to have a beer with and listen to his fucking stories.
  • He is Trump's soul mate.  I think he is every bit Trump's equal as a narcissist and sociopath.  I think Stone's rules are Trump's rules (better to be infamous than not famous; attack, attack, attack, never defend; nothing is on the level; you must be prepared to do anything; etc...)
  • I can't reconcile point 2 and 4 above.  Trump and Stone are ideological dopplegangers and sociopathic narcissists who are the worst of American politics, but I can't help but feel some respect and even affinity for Roger Stone while I loathe Trump unequivocally. 
  • A lot of what looks like buffoonery on his and Trump's part is carefully manufactured stagecraft to appeal to a certain type of person who can be motivated to vote
  • Trump owes a large debt to Stone for the strength of his political base and 2016 election win 
  • It would be very hard to give anything Roger Stone says any credibility whatsoever in any context, perhaps especially in testimony under oath
  • I am 100% certain that he would criminally conspire with the mafia, Russia, Satan, a dude who raped and killed his mother or whoever was necessary to get his man elected and/or destroy an opponent
  • Presidents come and go, but this guy just keeps on coming back like a horror movie villain

I watched it last night as well.  

I did not realize the depth to which these people (Manafort, Stone, Atwater, Black) had corrupted American politics and the blood on their hands.  Like, I knew they were rat bastards, but not SUCH rat bastards.

Watching Manafort talk about how Stone and Trump were basically joined at the hip spiritually was insightful.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This -- it's really not that big a deal.  Sometimes, an attorney gets out over his skis and files his responsive pleading before his pro hac vice motion, but it's quickly and easily remedied, and its truly just a procedural deal.  A bit embarrassing, you should try to avoid it, but it doesn't really hurt you.

Not a big deal, yes. But, it isn't quite clear from the order how along ago they made their appearance (I'm too lazy to lookup the docket). If it was last week, I have some sympathy for them. If it was months ago, it just screams incompetence. 

49 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Without knowing a great deal about Stone, I kind of equate him with Lee Atwater and James Carville, about whom I share many of the same sentiments.  Karl Rove, too, but he doesn't seem like he would be any fun.