The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Here’s the real question, why did he go to extreme lengths to keep the content of this call secret if it was innocuous?

God motherfucking dammit.  He better still get taken down.  I'm sure the trumpkins are having a field day with this.  I'm accepting this, as fucking surprising as it is and as much as it goes against what I wanted to be true and thought to be true.  Because I'm a sane rational person that believes in facts.  If the shoe were on the other foot, trumpkins would scream fake news and not believe their lying eyes and but hillary something.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

God motherfucking dammit.  He better still get taken down.  I'm sure the trumpkins are having a field day with this.  I'm accepting this, as fucking surprising as it is and as much as it goes against what I wanted to be true and thought to be true.  Because I'm a sane rational person that believes in facts.  If the shoe were on the other foot, trumpkins would scream fake news and not believe their lying eyes and but hillary something.

I wouldn’t read too much into this story except someone is trying to get out in front of something.  

Even if Don Jr. called daddy, it wouldn’t be a smoking gun because we have no idea what they might have discussed.

Furthermore, how do we know the people he did call didn’t relay the information to Trump? 

As far as visible criminal liability goes, Don Jr still has the most outside of Dotus.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah what if he called Hope Hicks instead? Not enough information here to know anything yet.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Right, he detached early so he could do the crimes with more plausible deniability 

I told yall, somehow my work email got on roger stone's mail list. My favorite edition was his claiming he was recovering from polonium poisoning. Now, in hindsight, why would he claim that? This must have been two years ago now. 

Seriously, google it. That actually happened. 

Edited by hayden_horn

15 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Jr still lied in his HIC testimony.  He's fucked on that one no matter what.

I think setting up a secret conspiracy meeting with the Russians government to get dirt on Hillary Clinton is where he has the most exposure.

I mean, he really did that with full knowledge of what he was doing.  We have the emails to prove it because he tweeted them out.

ETA:  That Trump Tower meeting was so secret not even Christopher Steele knew about it and he knew a lot.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

40 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

favorite edition was his claiming he was recovering from polonium poisoning. Now, in hindsight, why would he claim that? This must have been two years ago now. 

Seriously, google it. That actually happened. 

You can’t trust anything coming from Roger Stone but it would be like Russia to non-lethally poison him to send a message.  He was also reportedly T-boned in a car crash a few years ago...likely deliberate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/03/16/trump-adviser-roger-stone-said-he-was-a-victim-in-florida-hit-and-run-possibly-deliberate/?utm_term=.d14d1aab1003

27 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You can’t trust anything coming from Roger Stone but it would be like Russia to non-lethally poison him to send a message.  He was also reportedly T-boned in a car crash a few years ago...likely deliberate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/03/16/trump-adviser-roger-stone-said-he-was-a-victim-in-florida-hit-and-run-possibly-deliberate/?utm_term=.d14d1aab1003

Oh, so the car crash caused his misshapen skull?

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This doesn't surprise me. I never thought that call was to Dotard. He could just tell him in-person. I still find interest though in who he did speak with. 

10 hours ago, horncyclist said:

I feel like this might be the end. He seems to be completely melting down.

Have you been paying attention since the Access Hollywood tapes?  He manages to escape everything.  Much to this dismay of most sane people.

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don’t think he escaped the shutdown unscathed.  He burned up some goodwill in Congress. 

The only thing congressional Rs care about is re-election. When it becomes clear that re-election is impossible if tied to Trump, they will jump ship faster than Lindsey Graham can clutch his pearls and pretend to care about democracy 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The only thing congressional Rs care about is re-election. When it becomes clear that re-election is impossible if tied to Trump, they will jump ship faster than Lindsey Graham can clutch his pearls and pretend to care about democracy 

Yep.  When the shutdown started hurting companies, those companies screamed at Congress, and probably more than a few threats about withholding that sweet, sweet cash for re-election were made to those up in 2020.  

Trump miscalculated the power of lobbyists.  More importantly, he doesn’t understand that those lobbyists will absolutely throw money into defeating him if he costs their clients money. 

11 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yup.  The frightening thing though is that a) the dumbass segment of the electorate has to stop eating Trump's shit and b) that fact (a)) has to become apparent to GOP incumbents.  Not sure which proposition is more frightening because I believe the GOP has had quite a bit of trouble figuring out just who the fuck votes for them the last 5-10 years.

Edit:  atom has an interesting spin on it.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don’t think he escaped the shutdown unscathed.  He burned up some goodwill in Congress. 

A new shutdown won't start at the same political point the first started, it will start at the political point that the first ended. It's not a card you just get to play over and over and over with the same context and efficacy.

"Mr. President, we're supposed to work out a grand immigration bargain in 3 weeks?" is a pretty simple message for Democrats.