The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

14 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

While the target of this tweet is Mitch, it's important to take stock of the R's that support this. 

When the avalanche of shit definitively drops, it will only take 18 of 51 republican senators to properly align.

the ones who suddenly grew a backbone? I don't think so. They could have ended this shit a while ago and haven't. Only when it's politically beneficial do they seem to care. fuck them.

A few thoughts.

1.  I believe Trump would fire Rosenstein and squash the special counsel investigation if he thought he could get away with it.
2.  I'm convinced that the content of the two NYT bombshells are attempts to create the context where he can.
3.  Trump acting against Rosenstein/Mueller after an election where one or both houses of congress is controlled by democrats is more dangerous for him than before the election where both houses are controlled by republicans
4.  Trump has more leverage over the rest of the GOP while the supreme court seat is in play.  If Trump goes banana republic, the rest of the GOP has to consider how acting against him might delay indefinitely the appointment of the vacated SC seat and whether or not a conservative justice even gets to occupy it.
5. The window where Trump could possibly take direct action against Rosenstein and Mueller and have any hope of getting away with it is closing.

The outcome of Thursday's meeting between Trump and Rosenstein will be interesting.

Edited by Goredho

Yep, Trump is freaked the fuck out.  We are near an end game -- possibly of our democracy if the GOP allow everything to go down and/or we don't wind up with shared power between the parties after the midterms.  This may wind up being the most important vote in US history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

Yep, Trump is freaked the fuck out.  We are near an end game -- possibly of our democracy if the GOP allow everything to go down and/or we don't wind up with shared power between the parties after the midterms.  This may wind up being the most important vote in US history.

glad you finally caught up to the rest of us :D :P 

41 minutes ago, Goredho said:

The outcome of Thursday's meeting between Trump and Rosenstein will be interesting.

I think this meeting is bullshit noise pollution to distract from Dr. Ford (if that even goes down) Thursday.

Trump can’t fire anyone face to face. 

Rosenstein ain’t taking any shit.  

Today’s Rod developments were just to give Trump a high profile media narrative he can control.  

Because he has completely lost control with Kavanaugh.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think this meeting is bullshit noise pollution to distract from Dr. Ford (if that even goes down) Thursday.

Today’s Rod developments were just to give Trump a high profile media narrative he can control.  

Maybe, like I say, Thursday will be interesting :D

34 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump was definitely afraid to fire Comey to his face.  But then again Comey is 7'8".   Rosenstein doesn't look as tough.

In response to today's dry run for a Saturday Night Massacre remake involving Rosenstein, former Assistant Director of FBI, Frank Figliuzzi, said re Mueller "they are prepared."  He then plainly went on say that "they are ready to hit 'send' on multiple packages of prosecutions to various US Attorney offices and State AG's."

so yeah, Rod's heavy lifting isn't really needed anymore.

• Like 1

Even disregarding the legalities of obstruction, I would have to think it's what is known as "abuse of power," that, in ordinary times leads directly to impeachment and conviction and removal from office.

Yeah....you’re adorable to even entertain that thought. See all of the replies below.

I think the Dems have a little better odds of winning the House than the Senate, so impeachment is a possibility, but given that it's doubtful that they will win the Senate, I don't see Donald being removed from office even if he fires Mueller.  In the end, likely nothing of consequence will happen.  

You haven't been paying attention.  Nothing matters.

Even if Muller has a doomsday switch and everything goes public, will those in power cede the controls of power?  No.

They will never decide he's a political liability. They've stood by him through Kavanaugh, kiddy concentration camps, both siding Nazi terrorists, "shithole countries," mocking the disabled, and I could go on for days. There is no bottom. 

90% of the GOP base has drunk the Kool Aid.  And their congress critters are either invertebrates or in on the cult/took Russian money, etc.  or all of this.  There is no magical election or finding of any politician's spine that is going to save us.

Lemonlime is my brother here, man. Glad to see more of y’all seeing the truth in the bright daylight. Nobody is coming to save us. Even a dem win of both houses won’t save us. The GOP Senate minority would still block any impeachment conviction. They are happy for this country to burn.

Everyone with the “nothing matters” mindset is exactly the mentality those in power want you to have. 

“You cant win so why even fight?”

Of course you will defend this by saying you’re just being realists but the truth is you’re just being complacent. 

Nope, fighting like hell. But still, smart and lucid enough to know when we’re fucked. And we are good and fucked. This is why you never, ever give power to evil authoritarian fucknuggets: it’s a one-way trip. You never get it back.

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

In response to today's dry run for a Saturday Night Massacre remake involving Rosenstein, former Assistant Director of FBI, Frank Figliuzzi, said re Mueller "they are prepared."  He then plainly went on say that "they are ready to hit 'send' on multiple packages of prosecutions to various US Attorney offices and State AG's."

I wish he would hurry the fuck up already. 

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....you’re adorable to even entertain that thought. See all of the replies below.

Lemonlime is my brother here, man. Glad to see more of y’all seeing the truth in the bright daylight. Nobody is coming to save us. Even a dem win of both houses won’t save us. The GOP Senate minority would still block any impeachment conviction. They are happy for this country to burn.

Nope, fighting like hell. But still, smart and lucid enough to know when we’re fucked. And we are good and fucked. This is why you never, ever give power to evil authoritarian fucknuggets: it’s a one-way trip. You never get it back.

I tried to tell all these cheese dicks this shit was going to make Watergate look like a parking ticket. Some people, **cough twicehorn**, can't see more than 2 feet in front of their faces. 

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/182577-Indictments-Pending-in-the-Robert-Mueller-Investigation/page24

15 hours ago, triplehorn said:

then drop the gotdam hammer already and stop playing with a live granade. Yeah, we could put it away or permanently disarm it at any second.  But until then, we're going to keep pulling and replacing the pin. 

Edited by Mdhorn

8 hours ago, Mack Tripper said:

I think they were going to wait until after the midterms, but if Trump fires Rosenstein on Thursday, all bets could be off. 

Graham and the like would probably prefer to see the midterms play out (which is why they signaled to Trump to wait). If he conjures up the cojones to fire Rosenstein, he’s not stopping there.

This could be interesting. And I love how Repubs say they just want to know what Mueller has, then pull this:

"Committee Republicans declined to include transcripts from interviews with Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., former CIA Director John Brennan, former FBI Director James Comey and Adm. Mike Rogers, a former director of the National Security Agency."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-panel-votes-release-russia-investigation-interview-transcripts/story?id=58149000

On 9/25/2018 at 10:04 AM, In10se said:

I tried to tell all these cheese dicks this shit was going to make Watergate look like a parking ticket. Some people, **cough twicehorn**, can't see more than 2 feet in front of their faces. 

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/182577-Indictments-Pending-in-the-Robert-Mueller-Investigation/page24

Ah, fuck you. 

I have never said this wouldn't amount to anything.  And my post there indicates that the "abuse of power" aspect is more important than whether it's an indictable/convictable obstruction of justice offense.

And I gave a nod to brisket when I said "in normal times," so his hysterical post was unwarranted.

Reading is fundamental.

Edited by TwiceHorn

27 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

This could be interesting. And I love how Repubs say they just want to know what Mueller has, then pull this:

"Committee Republicans declined to include transcripts from interviews with Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., former CIA Director John Brennan, former FBI Director James Comey and Adm. Mike Rogers, a former director of the National Security Agency."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-panel-votes-release-russia-investigation-interview-transcripts/story?id=58149000

Today, Adam Schiff trolling House Intel GOP haaard:

"And they won't let Mueller see the evidence."  holeee shit. lol.

20 hours ago, shnsajax said:

"This is not transparency," Schiff wrote. "This is subterfuge."

Damn straight. 

From Politico earlier this year

Joe Biden said Tuesday that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stopped the Obama administration from speaking out about Russian interference in the 2016 campaign by refusing to sign on to a bipartisan statement of condemnation.

That moment, the former Democratic vice president said, made him think “the die had been cast ... this was all about the political play.”

He expressed regret, in hindsight, given the intelligence he says came in after Election Day. "Had we known what we knew three weeks later, we may have done something more,” Biden, a potential 2020 presidential candidate, said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/23/mitch-mcconnell-russia-obama-joe-biden-359531

i don't know where to put this. i guess this is the thread most apt:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6232223/Russian-trolls-stirred-hate-Star-Wars-Jedi-weaponize-negative-buzz.html

Russian trolls stirred up hate about Star Wars: The Last Jedi in order to politicize and 'weaponize' the negative buzz around the movie to persuade the right 'their values are under attack', a new study has found. 

The Last Jedi was a box office smash when it opened last December, raking in more than $1.32 billion worldwide.

But online it was another story. Twitter was full of 'fans' complaining that the 40-year-old franchise had been 'ruined' by the new movie's diverse cast, which featured a female lead and several costars of color, and its egalitarian message. 

Many of the critical tweets and fan board messages veered off into politics, accusing director Rian Johnson of pushing a liberal, even anti-Trump agenda. This is despite the fact that Star Wars, since its very first iteration in 1977, has always been strongly left-leaning, anti-Capitalist and pro-activist.

Now a new paper from Morten Bay, a research fellow at USC's Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, has found that Russian trolls and bots joined the fray to fan the flames of discord and deepen the divide between left and right.

more at hte link

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

This isn't new info, is it?

I recall hearing this about McConnell sometime last year.  

In any case, it's completely unsurprising.

*If I had only read further...

Right, what's new about this reporting is that McConnell blew off legitimate warnings from the highest levels of our IC at the time, not just from Obama.  

Just now, triplehorn said:

Right, what's new about this reporting is that McConnell blew off legitimate warnings from the highest levels of our IC at the time, not just from Obama.  

It's not just that he blew it off, it's that he would go after Brennan and Obama if they pushed the issue in the media. 

Straight up traitor shit.