The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, lemonlime said:

They will never decide he's a political liability. They've stood by him through Kavanaugh, kiddy concentration camps, both siding Nazi terrorists, "shithole countries," mocking the disabled, and I could go on for days. There is no bottom. 

90% of the GOP base has drunk the Kool Aid.  And their congress critters are either invertebrates or in on the cult/took Russian money, etc.  or all of this.  There is no magical election or finding of any politician's spine that is going to save us.

We'll agree to disagree.

If they turned on Nixon, they'll turn on Trump. It remains to be seen what the catalyst is.

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Even if they win the Senate nothing will happen.  You need 2/3 of the Senate to convict.   

Republican senators can eventually come to the conclusion that the best thing for the party is to hand over the presidency to Pence.  Then they give Trump the option on how he wants it to end.  Basically what happened to Nixon.  Dems didn't control 2/3 of the Senate even though they did have a majority.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Everyone with the “nothing matters” mindset is exactly the mentality those in power want you to have. 

“You cant win so why even fight?”

Of course you will defend this by saying you’re just being realists but the truth is you’re just being complacent. 

Wrong.  I didn't say "give up the fight."  I'm donating, I'm driving people to the polls, I'm house knocking for Beto.

So fuck off with that all that Hugo.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Everyone with the “nothing matters” mindset is exactly the mentality those in power want you to have. 

“You cant win so why even fight?”

Of course you will defend this by saying you’re just being realists but the truth is you’re just being complacent. 

Nothing matters to the GOP,  both the base and those in power.  But we absolutely fight this.  Waiting on federal elections or on the federal government, though, is a fool's errand, as those in power are not going to save us.

Dems taking the House is still a huge win because they can actually fucking subpoena people for questioning. I'd be shocked if they didn't hammer several people involved in the Trump/Russia collusion case and the human rights violations occurring by immigration services.

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Wrong.  I didn't say "give up the fight."  I'm donating, I'm driving people to the polls, I'm house knocking for Beto.

So fuck off with that all that Hugo.  

I’m glad you are and I’m not trying to dissuade anyone from more participation in democracy but when people start preaching “nothing matters” here or elsewhere it has a defeatist effect and discourages others from fighting because “nothing matters”

You can’t say nothing matters and then say you’re doing all you can to fight it. 

We’re pretty much at war with “nothing matters”.

ETA: this isn’t directed at you personally but more a general observation of the current mood.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

50 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I believe this is exactly the Russian goal. They started with it in their own country to numb people to corruption and now they hope to do it in Western democracies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

We'll agree to disagree.

If they turned on Nixon, they'll turn on Trump. It remains to be seen what the catalyst is.

It will be an aggy QB situation.  Best thing since sliced bread until midway through his senior season...

46 minutes ago, Amobie said:

I'm sure Rod Rosenstein resigning has nothing to do with the FISA warrant he signed being declassified.

Rosenstein wasn't DAG when the initial Carter Page FISA warrants were authorized by the FISA Court.  He signed an extension after initial wiretaps provided findings that supported extension of surveillance.  

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Rosenstein wasn't DAG when the initial Carter Page FISA warrants were authorized by the FISA Court.  He signed an extension after initial wiretaps provided findings that supported extension of surveillance.   

That's his real problem. They didn't support an extension. Otherwise Carter Page would have been charged.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That's his real problem. They didn't support an extension. Otherwise Carter Page would have been charged.

How do you know Carter Page won't be charged? 

It seems to me he was a walking gold mine of information pertaining to Russian espionage activities. 

Why would we want to take that guy off the street when he answers all our questions. 

Carter Page spent 10 hours answering questions from the FBI WITHOUT an attorney. 

He's too dumb to charge. 

40 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If they didn't support an extension, the judge would have denied it.

If you actually want to understand what is going on with FISA & Carter page, (which I'm sure you don't), read Andrew McCarthy.  Long but very informative, with several follow up columns. Hint: you have no idea what you are talking about.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/carter-page-fisa-applications-fbi-steele-dossier/

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If you actually want to understand what is going on with FISA & Carter page, (which I'm sure you don't), read Andrew McCarthy.  Long but very informative, with several follow up columns. Hint: you have no idea what you are talking about.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/carter-page-fisa-applications-fbi-steele-dossier/

Well since the title of the article is misleading at best, the sub header is misleading at best, and the first paragraph contains the same misleading bullshit, I’m having trouble seeing much value in this article other than as a hit piece against the FBI.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I might be missing something here but if everything you’re arguing is true, it doesn’t change the facts surrounding the crimes committed during the 2016 election by the Russian Federation and co-conspirators in the United States. 

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You don't seem to know what you're talking about.

There is nothing wrong with the FBI relying on the Steele Dossier to get a FISA warrant. 

Edited by David Dennison

2 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

Dems taking the House is still a huge win because they can actually fucking subpoena people for questioning. I'd be shocked if they didn't hammer several people involved in the Trump/Russia collusion case and the human rights violations occurring by immigration services.

And they will definitely be raring to lay the groundwork for the 2020 elections. 

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

There is nothing wrong with the FBI relying on the Steele Dossier to get a FISA warrant. 

And worth noting - the Steele Dossier was mostly corroborated by the intelligence community and has widely been proven to be accurate. And also, Page's FISA warrant was first filed in 2013, well before the steele dossier.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Only if you don't understand what verify means. That's something the FBI is supposed to do, but didn't, even though they said they did..  That's the crux.

The first Carter Page FISA warrant for surveillance (unrelated to 2013) was initiated in the Fall of 2016 - after Page had left the Trump campaign.  It's who was caught on SIGINT communicating with Page and about what they were discussing that has TrumpCo/GOP beyond desperate to make the intel from the Page intercepts disappear.  Recall Page went back to Russia in Dec. '16 and purportedly met with Rosneft president Igor Sechin.  The sale of a 19.5% stake in Rosneft followed.

Edited by triplehorn

3 hours ago, lemonlime said:

They will never decide he's a political liability. They've stood by him through Kavanaugh, kiddy concentration camps, both siding Nazi terrorists, "shithole countries," mocking the disabled, and I could go on for days. There is no bottom. 

90% of the GOP base has drunk the Kool Aid.  And their congress critters are either invertebrates or in on the cult/took Russian money, etc.  or all of this.  There is no magical election or finding of any politician's spine that is going to save us.

You’re talking about two years.  Two years.  

Many in Congress are planning to still be in Congress two decades from now.  And Hillary won’t be on any ballots.

They are loyal to whatever keeps them winning elections.   If that means going against Trump, they will do it in a heartbeat.  

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I bet FISA judges and their clerks know what verify means. 

What do you think?

You continue to overlook the obvious, which is that our entire government, including almost every so-called "conservative", is a Soros-backed Deep State conspirator.  QED.

I love the rosenstein stuff.  Anonymous sources claim rosenstein summoned to wh to be fired by trump!  Predictable response here, like teen girls at a justin beiber concert.  Speculation runs rampant.  

Oh wait, rosenstein was going to a regularly scheduled meeting and trump wasn't even in the WH.  Why do you mopes keep falling for this stuff?  Why do any of you believe any anonymous sourced story about trump?  

Can any of you at least admit, that in this particular case, every report based on anonymous sources was absolutely dead wrong.  99% of them are bogus.  I do not even think the press is relying on sources they know are lying anymore.  At this point I think they are just making them up.

2 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

I love the rosenstein stuff.  Anonymous sources claim rosenstein summoned to wh to be fired by trump!  Predictable response here, like teen girls at a justin beiber concert.  Speculation runs rampant.  

Oh wait, rosenstein was going to a regularly scheduled meeting and trump wasn't even in the WH.  Why do you mopes keep falling for this stuff?  Why do any of you believe any anonymous sourced story about trump?  

Can any of you at least admit, that in this particular case, every report based on anonymous sources was absolutely dead wrong.  99% of them are bogus.  I do not even think the press is relying on sources they know are lying anymore.  At this point I think they are just making them up.

They are trying to convince him to resign.

Likely the Trump administration was the anonymous source so the administration is the one lying. Agree that the press is being played.

• Like 1

Well, I mean, multiple reporters have already said their source on Rosenstein resigning was from THE FUCKING WHITE HOUSE, so I'm glad we agree that they cannot be trusted.