Beefcake Cawthorn is a proselytizing jackass who needs his own thread

TheStoicPaisano

• 3 weeks later...

We are in the dumbest timeline.

Who said this?

"Cases, Cases, Cases! If we didn’t test so much and so successfully, we would have very few cases. If you test 40,000,000 people, you are going to have many cases that, without the testing (like other countries), would not show up every night on the Fake Evening News....."

Madison Cawthorn, Lauren Boebert, or Donald Trump?

1 hour ago, Genco said:

If he really wants to stand up for his constitutional right to unrestricted air travel then he should insist on open carrying on board the flight.

He's not going to stand up for a fucking thing. Ever.

• Like 4

Here’s the thing….other than the standard idiocy of not recognizing the difference between private and state actors, he’s. It entirely wrong. Freedom of travel/movement IS a fundamental right.

So, GQP, now apply that reasoning to all the “show your papers” laws that will allow Johnny Racistcop to detain me and my family while on our road trip to the Grand Canyon until I present sufficient proof that I’m one of them there LEGAL messicans who’s a citizen, even though nobody ever carries documents to do that when they are on a family vacation IN FUCKING AMERICA. Go on, GQP, flex some of that “facts and logic” on us….
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

The woooooooooorst. Accent no bueno either.

54 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Old Testament Christian principles?  Am I missing something?

51 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Cult doing cult things 

I'm assuming that he's aiming that at Southern Baptists, and I bet he doesn't realize that Southern Baptists make up less than 15% of Christians in the US.

But given his location, the Baptists can certainly keep him in office and keep throwing money at him.

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm assuming that he's aiming that at Southern Baptists, and I bet he doesn't realize that Southern Baptists make up less than 15% of Christians in the US.

But given his location, the Baptists can certainly keep him in office and keep throwing money at him.

Evangelical Protestants are around 25% in the US according to Pew, so it's likely he's got more support than you think.

• Like 1

Evangelical Protestants are around 25% in the US according to Pew, so it's likely he's got more support than you think.

He does. And they want to rule the country, over the minority. And they’re willing to use violence and oppression to do to, which is justified, because they’re doing it for God. Stop me if you’ve seen/heard this before….

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Even if fully 25% are, the other 75% will tell he and the others like him to go pound sand.

And he can get away with that in his state.  Pushing that holy war crap in a place like Texas would have election consequences next year.  Hell, as it stands, the Republicans are riding the line in Texas on pissing off the non-evangelicals to the point where it will shake up some elections.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I fucking laughed.  You’re on a roll this evening with being out of touch with current reality.  

You think the Catholics would lay down and let the Baptists rewrite everything/inject the Baptist version of Christianity into everything here in Texas?

Because that would instantly tell me that you don't know many Catholics, or don't understand the Catholic Church.

Southern Baptists have been around for 170 years, and they are in their 15th year of decline (they've lost over 25% of their members since 2006).  They are less than 15 million people.

Catholics been around over 1,900 years, and there's 70 million or so in the US. I'll take them in that fight.

People like Cawthorn may want to turn the US into the Republican of Gilead, but it ain't happening.

His handwriting and his grasp of history says everything I need to know about his abilities to actually marshal his idiot followers into doing something more than fuck around in a few counties in Georgia or wherever.   Motherfucker couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

You think the Catholics would lay down and let the Baptists rewrite everything/inject the Baptist version of Christianity into everything here in Texas?

I don’t see them doing shit to stop the Texas Taliban, so I’m going with yes.  Yes they will lay down.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Motherfucker couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

That's not true! He was willing to take on a forest of trees on behalf of the Texas governor in order to avenge his honor.

Madison Cawthorn: Footage resurfaces of Republican ...

Seriously, I believe you underestimate the ease with which fascist/authoritarians step into power. They're already over halfway there. All they've done is delay and obstruct and this tactic is working just as it's kept Trump from facing any consequences in his long life of lawsuits and charges. They've been patiently working towards this and the pot of water on the stove has had steam for quite awhile. Haven't you noticed how warm it is?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

dibs on "Freedom Ramp" for my new super patriotic alt.country band name.  

"Freedom's just fifteen degrees away....mmmmm fifteen.  Buck o' five."

36 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Is Trump doing duck lips?

He's hallucinating that he's holding a bottle of water up to his lips during his taxing rock climbing descent.  

Somebody is feeding him really stupid stuff to say. I mean, I guess he's dumb enough to come up with that on the his own, but the moment the GOP started going after Chinese assets is the moment Wall Street starts dumping hundreds of millions into (D) campaigns.

But like Huffines, I want Cawthorn to try this stupid shit.

https://www.relevantmagazine.com/current/nation/over-160-students-at-a-christian-college-have-signed-a-letter-accusing-rep-madison-cawthorn-of-sexual-harassment/

Spoiler

On the surface, North Carolina’s Rep. Madison Cawthorn is a success story — a handsome, charming, well-spoken young leader with a bright political future in the Republican Party. He’s the youngest member of the U.S. House with a story as harrowing as it is inspiring. As a teenager, he barely survived a car crash that left him paralyzed from the waist down. In 2016 when he first showed up at a small but storied Christian college, Patrick Henry College in Virginia, he made a lot friends. But according to several new reports, women on campus quickly started warning each other about Cawthorn — urging them to avoid hanging out with him alone.

Buzzfeed News spoke with over three dozen people from his former Christian college who either accused Cawthorn of a host of predatory activities, or corroborated the stories of accusers, detailing instances of “sexual harassment and misconduct on campus, in Cawthorn’s car, and at his house near campus.” Buzzfeed News spoke with four women who recounted instances that included “calling them derogatory names in public in front of their peers, including calling one woman ‘slutty,’ asking them inappropriate questions about their sex lives, grabbing their thighs, forcing them to sit in his lap and kissing and touching them without their consent.”

Last October, over 160 members of the Patrick Henry community signed an open letter accusing Cawthorn of “gross misconduct towards our female peers, public misrepresentation of his past, disorderly conduct that was against the school’s student honor code and self-admitted academic failings.” The letter said that during his time at Patrick Henry, Cawthorn “established a reputation of predatory behavior.”

The open letter and Buzzfeed News aren’t the only sources of Cawthorn’s accusers. WORLD Magazine, a conservative Christian publication, spoke with three women who accused Cawthorn of sexually harassing and verbally assaulting them.

Cawthorn has denied all this, telling the Daily Caller that the accusations are a “mix of half-truths, untruths and potentially fabricated allegations.” He told ABC 13 that the accusations were just rumors. He also promised a counter statement was coming that would endorse his character and be signed by a “significant number of PHC alumni and former students who knew him well.” Buzzfeed News notes that just six people signed it, two of whom worked for his campaign.

The slew of accusations complicate Cawthorn’s fast-spreading mythology on the far-right. Key parts of his narrative have been exposed as false by numerous rounds of reporting. His repeated claims that he was training for the 2020 Paralympic Games were untrue. He also has said that the driver of the car in the crash that paralyzed him fled the accident, leaving Cawthorn to die “in a fiery tomb.” But the driver, Cawthorn’s friend Bradley Ledford, told the Washington Post that he had actually pulled Cawthorn from the wreckage, likely saving his life.

There’s more. Cawthorn told the Patrick Henry student body that he was “declared dead” at the scene of the crash, but the accident report said Cawthorn was “incapacitated,” not dead. Cawthorn also claimed that the car accident had interrupted his plans to attend the Naval Academy, though he would testify in a lawsuit deposition that the Naval Academy rejected him before the crash.

None of this has done much to interrupt Cawthorn’s rise, where he has attracted the praise of former President Donald Trump for spreading baseless conspiracy theories about voter fraud. On January 6, Cawthorn was among the speakers who spoke to the crowd that was incited to storm the U.S. Capitol building. Cawthorn would later say mob had been “paid by the Democratic machine,” though that claim has been proven false.

Cawthorn’s story is amazing, even without embellishment. His meteoric rise following a terrible tragedy speaks to an impressive ambition and determination. His story could have been an inspiring example of how a young man overcame enormous obstacles with the help of his family, his friends and his faith to achieve his dreams. Those stories are important to tell.

But to simply leave Cawthorn’s story at that is to once again dismiss numerous women who are telling their own stories. America has never been good at centering the voices of those who interrupt a feel-good yarn by saying our hero may actually be a predator, and that’s been particularly true of Christian communities. In just the last few months, the legacy of Ravi Zacharias and the ministry of Hillsong NYC pastor Carl Lentz have both crumbled following revelations of hypocrisy, adultery and, in Zacharias’ case, assault. RELEVANT recently spoke with activist and attorney Rachael Denhollander, who expressed her dismay at how easily Christian communities can be infiltrated by predators. “We know that around 90% of abusers self identify as religious or very religious, that means they can blend in very well with religious communities,” she said.

Cawthorn isn’t a minister, though he talks about his faith regularly. But ignoring the many accusations emerging from his history feels like part of a similar pattern we’ve seen too many times, and that leads to a sad destination we know all too well.

• Hook 'Em 1

No offense to the differently-capable, but how does a dude in a wheelchair sexually assault 160 women and literally get away with it?  Like he rolled slowly away from the hundreds of confrontations and nobody could catch up to him?  Is Patrick Henry college on an uphill slope both ways in the snow?

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

No offense to the differently-capable, but how does a dude in a wheelchair sexually assault 160 women and literally get away with it?  Like he rolled slowly away from the hundreds of confrontations and nobody could catch up to him?  Is Patrick Henry college on an uphill slope both ways in the snow?

Probably why girls said “don’t get in his car.”

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I wasn't talking about the the women.  I was wondering how he literally got away from the situations.  How did the administration and local law enforcement let this go on for so long?  Everybody knew who he was.  He wasn't some anonymous groper in a nightclub or guy jumping out from behind the bushes.  He was known to everyone and the people in charge just look the other way for years?  Let's be frank, there's probably just the one creepy guy in a wheelchair at a college that small.  How the fuck did he just avoid blowback for that long?  

I can't imagine somebody seeing him grab a girl, push her down into his seated lap, and then not follow the guy down the hall and either talk to him, call security, or punch him while he's waiting for the elevator?  How are there no reports of anybody chasing him down and hitting him?  The whole things bizarre.  Had nothing to do with shaming his victims, but you guys do you.  How does shit like this go on for so long and how do you turn it into a Congressional seat?  

Edited by Lobo

Great detective work there, Lou.

Your mom never seems to have an issue with my length.  

I just found the story fucked up.  I’m the only one who’s ever punched a cripple apparently.  

On 10/3/2021 at 5:18 PM, TheStoicPaisano said:

The woooooooooorst. Accent no bueno either.

I wonder, just hypothetically, how Jesus Christ would have reacted had he been repressed by the government, like say, executed? Would he implore his disciples violently resist Blue Lives? Overthrow the government? Love his enemies? Forgive them for they know not what they do? 

Oh well, guess we'll never know. 

• Like 3