Beefcake Cawthorn is a proselytizing jackass who needs his own thread

TheStoicPaisano

So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate. Matthew 19:6

But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. Matthew 5:32

So she cheated?

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

3 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

Oh no, divorce?  By his own Bible, I don't think he's allowed to divorce his earthen vessel just for the reason that he got a different job.  Good thing there aren't a bunch of people trying to pass legislation allowing them to make that decision for him.

"We ask for privacy as we work through this privately"

Love the party of family values.  They want privacy when they have personal issues to work through.

But if it's the Dems, they want to put that shit on blast on any platform that they can.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate. Matthew 19:6

But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. Matthew 5:32

So she cheated?

200.gif

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Dude has always been a douche, but it’s pretty clear he has radicalized himself over the last year. Amazing how many people are willing to lose everything in the name of MAGA.

He visited Hitler's Eagles Nest in 2017 and talked about it being a "bucket list" moment. He wasn't radicalized in the last year. Dude's always been fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/10/2021 at 2:27 PM, jimmyjazz said:

It's a fine line . . . tax-exempt status mostly seems to hinge on not promoting (or campaigning against) someone running for office.  I'm not going to parse the IRS regs any more than I have, but the practical issue here is that very few, if any, churches or other religious organizations ever seem to lose their tax-exempt status.

It is a bit of a fine line, but I think a bigger issue is the political blowback every time they try to do it.  Some jackleg congressman will get on the side of the church and start bloviating about the IRS, and they are easy to dislike.

Okay, politics aside...for you avid range shooters...a question.  

Is there some sort of tactical advantage to wearing a ballcap backwards while shooting in an enclosed range?  Maybe, outside...I get it.  But what's the play here?

44 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Is there some sort of tactical advantage to wearing a ballcap backwards while shooting in an enclosed range?  Maybe, outside...I get it.  But what's the play here?

You always shoot with the sun at your back, so your enemy can't see the muzzle flash in the glare of the sun. The backwards hat prevents the back of your neck from getting sunburned.

You always shoot with the sun at your back, so your enemy can't see the muzzle flash in the glare of the sun. The backwards hat prevents the back of your neck from getting sunburned.

I admit that it's been a while since I've gone to the range (and I've only been to a few), but I never noticed which direction they face. I'll pay attention next time.

Also, question for those sitting in wheelchairs ... wouldn't a backstop or brakes be a good idea? Seems really dangerous to shoot on a rolling base... with your camera guy down-range.

16 hours ago, Lobo said:

Not with a handgun. Sometimes with a scoped rifle the bill will get in the way.  With a semi-auto rifle the bill might catch brass but he's in full cosplay mode. 

On 12/23/2021 at 2:28 PM, Bama Chick said:

This motherfucker has Kyle Rittenhouse fantasies.

Fucking AR-15 culture.  This is what I meant when I mentioned it on another thread.

If you keep going on that tweet, there are some photos and videos of even more appalling firearm safety (or lack thereof).

Also, shooting rifles in an indoor range suuuuuuuucccckkkkkkksssss.  Fuck that shit.  Sometimes a necessary evil when zeroing, but it still sucks.  And it sucks for everyone else in the range, too.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, shooting rifles in an indoor range suuuuuuuucccckkkkkkksssss.  Fuck that shit.  Sometimes a necessary evil when zeroing, but it still sucks.  And it sucks for everyone else in the range, too.

Too loud?  (Not a gun owner.  Not against gun ownership, just never wanted them in the house with small kids around.)

• Hook 'Em 1

Loud and you can feel the pressure of the shots.  I made a lot of friends at an indoor range while zeroing a 7mag.

Yep. Zeroed my .300 Wby mag at Red’s one year. Damn near blew the walls out.

And yeah….this psychotic AR-15 culture is fucking sociopathic broken brained assholery.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Too loud?  (Not a gun owner.  Not against gun ownership, just never wanted them in the house with small kids around.)

Yeah, sound, pressure, quick firing.  Rifles tend to be for longer, more accurate shots or plinking (just casual shooting of sticks, random targets, beer cans).  You can't really plink on the range, so if you have sense and have a rifle on an indoor range, you are probably doing something that takes some concentration, like zeroing it in, Or maybe trying to diagnose a problem.  So people with heavy artillery are annoying.

Handguns are less accurate and shorter ranged, and tend to require more "handling proficiency."  So you can actually learn to shoot your handgun better at a paper target at short range.  And, due to the shorter barrel, they can be loud as hell, too, but there's less concussion in the room from all but the biggest of them.

And most indoor ranges forbid rapid firing.

• Hook 'Em 1