Beefcake Cawthorn is a proselytizing jackass who needs his own thread

TheStoicPaisano

The money from other PACs, ballot access in some states, and the propensity of many straight ticket voters who aren’t huge fans but pull that lever every year without fail.  

they thought about it long and hard.  Workshopped and gamed it out.  But the math didn’t shake out.  

in the end the livestock in this country that consider themselves “citizens”, “patriots”, and “voters”…..still need a few shepherds and the MAGA party option didn’t allow for that. 

Because allegiance.  There are a handful of Senators and Reps and statewide officials that do not cow-tow to him.  And that annoys him to no end.  A MAGA party would be 100% top-to-bottom bootlicking, cum-sucking, ball-gargling allegiant.  He also knows, deep down inside, that millions of loyal GOP voters defected to vote against him in 2016, and certainly in massive droves in 2020.  That troubles him.  He would love a system whereby you could only register to vote as a MAGA voter if you already had Trump/whoever pre-filled on your ballot and could then vote for your local races after that, on that sole condition.  Yes, the logistics and ethics don't really jive, but you think that fucking bothers him or the countless state election officials that would gladly massage out that process?  A very close second after him winning and being adored is punishing the rest of us who often vote Republican but hate him and his ilk with the fury of a thousands suns and want him to be no longer on this planet.  

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Honest question: why hasn't this happened yet?

Because the GOP decided to become the MAGA party in 2016. In the past the GOP would push out these types then they would form a 3rd Party like Pat Buchanan did in the 90's. This time the GOP decided to embrace the movement and push out the traditional Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Also, why start over when you pretty much have complete control of the Republican Party. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Because allegiance.  There are a handful of Senators and Reps and statewide officials that do not cow-tow to him.  And that annoys him to no end.  A MAGA party would be 100% top-to-bottom bootlicking, cum-sucking, ball-gargling allegiant.  He also knows, deep down inside, that millions of loyal GOP voters defected to vote against him in 2016, and certainly in massive droves in 2020.  That troubles him.  He would love a system whereby you could only register to vote as a MAGA voter if you already had Trump/whoever pre-filled on your ballot and could then vote for your local races after that, on that sole condition.  Yes, the logistics and ethics don't really jive, but you think that fucking bothers him or the countless state election officials that would gladly massage out that process?  A very close second after him winning and being adored is punishing the rest of us who often vote Republican but hate him and his ilk with the fury of a thousands suns and want him to be no longer on this planet.  

Trump does not have complete control of the GOP's purse strings *yet* and there are still plenty of Republicans who don't toe the line for him, up to and including McConnell - he's been trying to get Mitch out of power for the past year and continues to fail.

I have no doubt that Trump's people have gamed it out though.  It's the ultimate ego trip for Trump, and the best way to fully grift the GOP.

At the very least, gaming it out and putting out word could push the GOP into giving Trump control over the purse strings.

What a fucking cunt.

“It was immature. He’s a child. He lacks common sense. I think the congressman was overcompensating for something that he lacks and feeling inadequate among the heroes on that call,” said John Feal, a 9/11 first responder who was at the virtual meeting.

Feal was one of at least two people at the Veterans’ Affairs meeting who noticed what Cawthorn was doing. Both were infuriated. But the general public couldn’t see it, because the two-hour virtual hearing was held over Zoom—which meant that those tuning in could only see the person speaking.

Cawthorn worked on his pistol out of sight for several minutes, two people told The Daily Beast, but it became plainly visible during the testimony of Jen Burch, a veteran who spent six years in the Air Force serving in Japan and Afghanistan.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/madison-cawthorn-cleans-gun-during-veterans-affairs-hearing

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Rage+1 2

On 1/12/2022 at 4:54 PM, F250 said:

Because the GOP decided to become the MAGA party in 2016. In the past the GOP would push out these types then they would form a 3rd Party like Pat Buchanan did in the 90's. This time the GOP decided to embrace the movement and push out the traditional Republicans.

Because, unlike the 90s, they realized they could not win a lot of elections without MAGA.

The Daily Beast asked Cawthorn’s office if the congressman thought this an appropriate time to clean his firearm. His communications director, Luke Ball, responded: “What could possibly be more patriotic than guns and veterans?”

Fucking lulz.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The Daily Beast asked Cawthorn’s office if the congressman thought this an appropriate time to clean his firearm. His communications director, Luke Ball, responded: “What could possibly be more patriotic than guns and veterans?”

Fucking lulz.

OH!!! OH!!! MISTA KOTTA!  I HAVE AN ANSWER TO THIS ONE!

How about "respecting the rule of law and the peaceful transfer of power?"  That seems SUPER patriotic to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fucking lulz.

So shitloads of veterans are committing suicide or having other medical issues or whatever, and he's so fucking bored out of his mind that he's cleaning a sidearm.

Perfectly on brand for today's GOP.

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So shitloads of veterans are committing suicide or having other medical issues or whatever, and he's so fucking bored out of his mind that he's cleaning a sidearm.

Perfectly on brand for today's GOP.

. . . and it got exactly the reaction he was hoping for.  He's not trying to sway new support, he's trying to keep the support he has.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fucking lulz.

Haven’t you heard? We take awesome care of our veterans!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you're not immediately envisioning an Eric Trump wheelchair basketball training montage in order to curry favor with his father in light of this Cawthorn story...

8 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Attention cons, the new narrative for your talking points is out.

RE BUILT THIS CITY

RE BUILT THIS CITY ON 'THORN 'N ROLL

RE BUILT THIS CITY 

RE BUILT THIS CITY ON 'THORN 'N ROLL

/starship

On 1/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Maddow would show up well prepared and clean his clock in the real world...but Roller Himmler would just speak total gibberish, accuse her of being a Jewish space laser pedophile and all of Trump world would crow about how he owned Maddow.

Yep.  Same reason AOC wants nothing to do with Boebert.  They're morons, but so are the people who support them.  

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Their savior Joe Biden is a withered, withering, blundering fo, failure".

Well done, Madison.  The jokes write themselves.  Every accusation is a confession, indeed.

If a liberal in a wheelchair was talking this kind of shit about Trump, Trump would have put out a tweet about "Look, this guy doesn't even stand up for the national anthem, America's song, he doesn't even try!" 

11 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Crenshaw should take the high road and reply standing up.

"As I stand before you, some have been asking me about Madison Cawthorn's comment.  Now, I'll admit that I didn't see the comment, but as soon as I'm done here, I'll walk over to my office and view it.  But first, I need to take a phone call from a buddy who is a Naval Academy grad."

• Hook 'Em 1