Beefcake Cawthorn is a proselytizing jackass who needs his own thread

TheStoicPaisano

11 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Cawthorn is being called out by his inattention to his home district during and after the historic flooding there.   Remind you of anyone else?  And I love the opening line of the article.

In a 24-hour span from Tuesday into Wednesday, Western North Carolina experienced flood destruction on a level not witnessed for 17 years. Yet, as the floodwaters rose with fury — destroying homes and businesses in their path — and finally receded in the late morning hours of Wednesday, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC-11) released no statement, no list of resources or shelters for constituents, and not a single tweet in support of the thousands in WNC residents suffering from the flood.

Madison, turn around, don't  drown.

His constituents don’t care. If they drown, they just pretend they are liberal tears. The smartest thing he did was only hire comms people because he doesn’t even have to care about how he wins the next election. He just knows he will. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth

19 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

policy, schmolicy.  he was elected to OWN THE LIBS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

to all of his constituents suffering through the floods:

airplane-let-them-crash.gif

Why funny, it’s accurate. There were many red flags with Cawthorn not too mention that he has zero education or experience. His district deserves him.

14 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, regretfully take up arms. "Oh man, I don't want to shoot this old person. *bang* or this kid *bang* or this black guy *bang*. I hate that the left is making me do this!" Lol fuck that guy. What's he gonna do, watch over the flag post while his buddies go play martyr?

The vast majority of those cosplayers will fold and run the moment they are met with serious force and/or fired upon.

And I don't think the Capitol Police and other security personnel are going to let them breach the Capitol.

They damn sure don't have the balls to try and breach the White House perimeter.

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, regretfully take up arms. "Oh man, I don't want to shoot this old person. *bang* or this kid *bang* or this black guy *bang*. I hate that the left is making me do this!" Lol fuck that guy. What's he gonna do, watch over the flag post while his buddies go play martyr?

Yeah he ain’t giving up his congressional salary, benefits and perks to do anything himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Pancho said:

He might want to roll back his comments here:

Why would he?  He's not going to storm the Capitol, he's not going to try and kill a Capitol policeman or National Guard soldier.  If shit goes down, he will not be in the middle of it.

This is in the rulebook for Republican campaigning in 2021.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Why would he?  He's not going to storm the Capitol, he's not going to try and kill a Capitol policeman or National Guard soldier.  If shit goes down, he will not be in the middle of it.

This is in the rulebook for Republican campaigning in 2021.

More importantly. There is no accountability. He hasn’t been punished for the first round. Why wouldn’t he incite a second round? 

• Rage+1 1

I think it's sort of general violence and mayhem regardless of party.  He also didn't specify general, run-off, or primary.  

This shitbag would probably incite a vigilante group after a school board election.  

Given that Cawthorn has no kids that he knows of, and given that his speaking against the school board's mask mandate resulted in that mask mandate being upheld and continued in a 6-1 vote by the school board, I guess this could be described as Madison Cawthorn taking a knife to a dumb fight?

Cawthorn, who spoke at the Sept. 13 Henderson County Board of Education meeting criticizing a COVID-19 mask mandate, had the knife underneath his wheelchair, according to 11th District candidate Jay Carey. Cawthorn uses the wheelchair following a 2014 car accident. 

Bringing a knife to an "educational property" is a Class 1 misdemeanor, according to North Carolina General Statute 14-269.2.

I understand the whole "I pay taxes regardless of whether I have a kid in school or not" argument but that should not entitle you to be able to attend and speak at a school board meeting about school district policy.  I pay federal taxes and I don't get to go show up at Congress and give my opinions. 

If you don't have kids in school, you don't need to fucking be there to spew your disgusting politics and ignorance-based "science." 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I understand the whole "I pay taxes regardless of whether I have a kid in school or not" argument but that should not entitle you to be able to attend and speak at a school board meeting about school district policy.  I pay federal taxes and I don't get to go show up at Congress and give my opinions. 

If you don't have kids in school, you don't need to fucking be there to spew your disgusting politics and ignorance-based "science." 

These are essentially 'show trials,' meant to keep fomenting fear and agitation in order to keep the base front and center. It's all they've got really.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

These are essentially 'show trials,' meant to keep fomenting fear and agitation in order to keep the base front and center. It's all they've got really.

And unfortunately, these school boards can't stop them from showing up.  

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And unfortunately, these school boards can't stop them from showing up.  

Perhaps not, but when I attend school board meetings I have to sign the attendance sheet, and if I want to speak I have to fill out a card with my name and address. A large swath of actual parents of students showing up, signing in, and speaking for five minutes (the usual allotted time) might slow some of the social influencers down some if they have to wait in turn.

What the fuck you carrying a knife for, in case somebody steps to you Snoop Dogg?  

Madison:  You don't what it's like out here man, I grew up in the 'hood!

You grew up in Asheville, dude.  

Is he training for some kinda weird paralympis biathlon with Rafi as his trainer.  Roll, Roll, Stab.  Roll, Roll, Stab.  

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Unfortunately there is a massive movement by the right to astroturf the hell out of school board meetings across the country.  Hell, a bunch of us witnessed it on an virtual Austin ISD school meeting where "parents" were reading from a script and saying "ASID" instead of "AISD" which was a pretty clear sign they were from out-of-state (since all but one or two districts out of Texas's 1,000+ school districts are independent).

You can find them organizing online, etc. as well - they don't even try and hide it.

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

I understand the whole "I pay taxes regardless of whether I have a kid in school or not" argument but that should not entitle you to be able to attend and speak at a school board meeting about school district policy. 

I disagree completely.  

I don't disagree with this, however.