Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Isn't it fucking sad and INSANE that we probably all agree that if dotard had just done ANYTHING besides what he actually did when Covid hit that he would've probably gotten re-elected?  That speaks so poorly for us as a nation, but I really believe that would have happened.  Despite all the absolutely horrifying things he did prior to Covid.

I think it was 3 things.

1. What you noted above
  2. Just say that the racist groups are in fact racist
  3. Don't shit on John McCain

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Man, just once I want to hear a GOP poster say, "I was wrong voting for Trump a 2nd time. I thought that all of his election fraud talk was just his usual false bravado and Twitter trolling. I underestimated the effortlessness in which he lies, how far he will go to protect those lies, and how dangerous those lies are in the hands of a cult. It's shameful how the party has rallied around him at the expense of democracy. I will not vote for another GOP candidate who bows at the altar of Trumpism. Now, can we please talk about how President Biden sucks massive donkey balls?"

I would respect that. But it's never going to fucking happen.

Is there not a Trump thread you could post this to? I mean for relevance...

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Obama declared his candidacy for POTUS on 2/10/2007.  Alan Greenspan didn't predict a recession until weeks afterwards.  New Century REIT was almost 2 months away from filing for bankruptcy.  Bear Stearns and American Home Mortgage were almost 6 months away from similar major financial actions.  Here's the S&P 500 when Obama declared his candidacy, I suppose your argument is that he should have withdrawn when the market plummeted a month before the election:

image.thumb.png.d1f520e1baa508f7f7c82e2b3fe42259.png

I agree with your post 100%. And I mean this from a place of support and love, but you have got to do something about your email inbox. 200,000 unread emails!?! 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Is there not a Trump thread you could post this to? I mean for relevance...

This morning, I tried to steer the thread back on topic by pointing out a couple of recent Biden administration policies, but everybody wants to talk about every other president since the 1990s instead.

• Clinton was a philanderer who was pretty good on economic policy.
  • W fucked up the Middle East worse than it already was for the next generation, and led us into the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.
  • Obama was an unqualified guy who only got elected because he was black and who got us out of the recession but didn't do much to help the situation in the Middle East.
  • Trump was a narcissistic idiot whose policies made the pandemic worse and whose presidency ended in an attempt to overturn an election loss.
  • Finally, we've got Biden who's old and senile but the one who's actually in charge and setting policies which, again, I tried to discuss.

There, I think I've covered most of the talking points for the day. Guess that final bullet is just kind of boring. What are you gonna do?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by bolverk
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

but you have got to do something about your email inbox. 200,000 unread emails!?! 

Eh, the vast majority of it is bullshit . . . not spam . . . I'm just not gonna open the crap I get daily from amazon, various subs (NY Times, WaPo), retail, etc.  It's years of accumulated nonsense.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Despite the fact that you've been howling like that 5 year old little girl about staying on topic, let's just acknowledge that Presidential Obama had it all over Presidential W when it came to actually being in shape:

Shirtless images of `buff' Obama cause stir | The Star

Dude we don't need to see the pics of Obama that you jerk off to at night.  My point still stands....Obama throws like a toddler. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by immortal13

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I love the “Biden is a laughingstock to the whole world!” trope the Trunptards repeat…as if repetition will make it true.

I just spent two weeks with a bunch of Europeans, including a senior editor at one of their larger news channels. I caught up on my back issues of the Economist. And, to keep up on euro Covid news, I was also reading English language versions of their news. The opinions of Biden and the coverage of him….is utterly mundane. Some stuff, they think is good. Other stuff, they aren’t crazy about. But not even a whiff of “he’s a laughingstock.” That’s self-delusional bullshit the MAGAs repeat to distract from the fact that TFG actually WAS a laughingstock. Literally. One of our German friends said she actually kind of misses him, because she knew she could start every day with a laugh.

Every accusation is a confession, exhibit eleven billion.

Yep. Repetition is how their brains work, so they figure it should work on the other non-cult people too.  It makes sense when you think about it.  They are just broken humans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brakeman said:

Joe making inroads in shutting down the barbaric drone strikes (although not perfect, we are still disproportionately killing civilians in Somalia and Afghanistan) and withdrawling troops from Afghanistan are his high water marks. He should be getting far more credit for these things. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I love the “Biden is a laughingstock to the whole world!” trope the Trunptards repeat…as if repetition will make it true.

I just spent two weeks with a bunch of Europeans, including a senior editor at one of their larger news channels. I caught up on my back issues of the Economist. And, to keep up on euro Covid news, I was also reading English language versions of their news. The opinions of Biden and the coverage of him….is utterly mundane. Some stuff, they think is good. Other stuff, they aren’t crazy about. But not even a whiff of “he’s a laughingstock.” That’s self-delusional bullshit the MAGAs repeat to distract from the fact that TFG actually WAS a laughingstock. Literally. One of our German friends said she actually kind of misses him, because she knew she could start every day with a laugh.

Every accusation is a confession, exhibit eleven billion.

It baffles the mind why you think the mediocre europeans available to you in your social circle and class strata has anything to do with the price of tea in China. Pos rep for picking up an Economist at Hudson News on your layover in Heathrow before jumping back in coach and lying about being a consistent reader of the Economist though. Even the Economist knows people don't read it and revamped their mobile app to provide bite-size news meant to be consumed in the time you drink coffee. lol

• Fuck You 12

6 hours ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

It baffles the mind why you think the mediocre europeans available to you in your social circle and class strata has anything to do with the price of tea in China. Pos rep for picking up an Economist at Hudson News on your layover in Heathrow before jumping back in coach and lying about being a consistent reader of the Economist though. Even the Economist knows people don't read it and revamped their mobile app to provide bite-size news meant to be consumed in the time you drink coffee. lol

image.gif.badd45172a1392157346bc7d322d2093.gif

how many times do we have to crowd source this troll?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Please tell us you're not referring to Trump as "getting rich" before he became President.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Is this where you betray an elementary understanding of finance and equate bankruptcy with being all out of money because you landed on Park Place too many times? Because if so, I’m here for it!

• Fuck You 12

Is this where you betray an elementary understanding of finance and equate bankruptcy with being all out of money because you landed on Park Place too many times? Because if so, I’m here for it!
"Sorry, you are receiving this automated response because I don't engage with trolls. Have a Trump-tastic day."

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2021 at 1:34 PM, fattyflattie said:

That’s something like all but 3-5 posters on this site. Most believe he set the party back at least a decade, a decade the country may never recover from.  

Bull-fucking-shit. Most GOP posters on this site are at least smart enough to pretend to not buy into all of the stolen election lies, but almost all of them downplay 1/6 and Trump's role in it, and, when pushed, fall back on "it's no worse than Russia, Russia, Russia!" They complete ignore the GOP rallying around those lies to push voter restrictions in their states. They'll look the other way when state governments try to nominate alternate electors again in 2024. In the right social circles, I have no doubt whatsoever that they're making jokes about mail-in votes and how "fishy" the blue wave was once everyone went to sleep. They sure as shit will have no issue voting for every Trumpy candidate moving forward. You'll never vote for a Democrat no matter how disgustingly Trumpy the GOP candidate is.

Please, for the love of god, spare me the "we realize the damage that Trump has done, and don't support it any more than you do" rhetoric.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

All of my friends are more successful and socially valuable than I am, of that I can assure you - I’m solid lower-rung material. Ask around, folks will tell you.

And we still subscribe to the paper version of the Economist, have for years. It’s perfect material for the shitter, and I really do love taking back issues on flights because I can spend a few hours catching up on the longer pieces I haven’t read. But yeah, they were smart to put the catchier pieces on the app for sure. It’s a dense read, which is why I read the pieces that interest me and only skim the rest.

Oh, trust me….we fly coach. I am a CHEAP motherfucker.

Yet none of this changes the fact that the rest of the world 1) does not look at Biden as a “laughingstock” (instead, they look at him as exactly what he is - a rather ordinary and pedestrian US President), and 2) they fucking laughed their asses off at TFG.

Oh, and our jumping off point was Frankfurt, not Heathrow. Fuck the Limeys.
  • Hook 'Em 6