Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

There are a significant number of democrats not getting the vaccine as well and spreading mis-information.  I am unfortunate enough to have two sisters on this path.

Please name a “significant number” of Democrats who are spreading vaccine disinformation.

I’ll wait.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, landman said:

There are a significant number of democrats not getting the vaccine as well and spreading mis-information.  I am unfortunate enough to have two sisters on this path.

negged for lazy, unsupported #bothsides. Eat a dick if you think that's the root of the disinformation problem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Please name a “significant number” of Democrats who are spreading vaccine disinformation.

I’ll wait.

And ones with some form of power and influence, not Aunt Donna on facebok.

I'm not sure if RFK, Jr. still identifies as democrat, if he does, that's the only one that comes to mind.

Edited by 'stache

And all the unvaccinated people I know are huge MAGAs.

And granolas don’t = Democrats. Dumb to try and conflate those things.

Anecdotal evidence don’t make a shit.

I want examples of the “significant number” of Democrats who are vocally pushing anti-vaxx nonsense.

And not that it makes it okay but RFK Jr. was a vocal anti-vaxx nutter long before COVID. All these assholes pushing this nonsense - who ARE vaccinated against COVID BTW - are doing it purely to appeal to some garbage political purity test. Not because of sincerely held beliefs.

People like RFK Jr. are nuts but at least they are spewing what they actually believe. People like Tucker Carlson and his ilk are spewing this mess to get the crazy people on their side.

And Democrats have roundly condemned and pushed back against RFK Jr.

So miss me with this “significant number” both side bullshittery.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It is. But I hate that it goes right back into private hands when a new administration goes in. National and state parks are more than just physical treasures--they are psychologically important too.

I don’t think that will happen. Antiquities Act has never been a thing that is able to go back and forth until this last jerk off.  If they come back into power and reverse it again, there will be a firefight. 

Almost lost it at OU game when some jackasses (and UT fans) attempted to start a “Fuck Joe Biden” chant. It was 2nd half.

In retrospect, I guess a “Take your politics to College Station!” would have shut them up. But everyone around them ignoring it was probably the best thing.

Sorry to bring the OU bullshit to the CR.

12 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Almost lost it at OU game when some jackasses (and UT fans) attempted to start a “Fuck Joe Biden” chant. It was 2nd half.

In retrospect, I guess a “Take your politics to College Station!” would have shut them up. But everyone around them ignoring it was probably the best thing.

Oh man, what section?  Had that happened around me, in the state I was in, that would not have ended well for me.  I would have been in State Fair jail.

11 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Tik Tok is so stupid 

17 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

I saw one of those whatever whatever Brandon signs with a fellow horn. Went off on the bastard. We’re Texas. We’re better than that. You wanna spew that shit? Cool. Head north to Norman or east to college station where trash like that belong. Just embarrassing 

• Hook 'Em 1

Guess what? He’s still treading water - anyone on either side can acknowledge that.

But he was never at 38% approval. Outliers exist - poor sample, more conservative leaning indies sampled, murky questions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Guess what? He’s still treading water - anyone on either side can acknowledge that.

But he was never at 38% approval. Outliers exist - poor sample, more conservative leaning indies sampled, murky questions. 

I'm sure GRUhorn and chickenshitwich will come by any minute to discuss the new data about a topic they apparently cared SO much about

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

People are fickle. And all of us are very impatient, moreso these days it seems.

Stop and reflect on what it might've been like for vaccine rollout under a different administration. An administration that did get the vaccine development up and running, but weaponized distribution of PPE supplies, monies, and medical equipment in order to maximize profit and political gain. The vaccine wouldn't have been any different, and one wonders if the timeline would've changed.

Think about that for a moment and then think about the Delta virus hitting this summer.

We may gripe about the hesitancy, the folks that protest the vaccines and so on. But this administration after fits and starts and despite dealing with an entrenched propaganda machine working against it, a variety of mishaps (communication, etc) has created a better outcome even if it falls short of expectations. I fully expected the 1-2 million dead estimate if the election result had been different. Didn't you?

• Hook 'Em 2

I have gripes about Biden, but Vaccines ain’t one of them.  He got the vials out the door and needles in arms and by May, anyone who wanted one had easy access.  It’s been that way all summer.  He did everything he could to get needles and vials in place in vaccine resistant communities and held out as long as possible before mandates.

He worked around the chicken littles in the HHS Advisory Boards and crafted a booster program that pretty much lets anyone who wants one get one.  Which was the right thing to do, since pharmacies literally have loads of vaccine that is at risk of going bad and need to be used.  The “we need to get the unvaccinated overseas, not boosters” doom sayers seem to be missing the point that the currently distributed vaccines aren’t gonna be  rounded up and shipped to Africa. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats-build-back-better-americans-dont-know-opinion-poll/

Here is the actual poll at the bottom of the article if you'd like to read the details.

'quits'... does that mean the obvious, i.e. people voluntarily quiting their jobs? 

how strange 🤔 you generally don't get UI if you 'quit'. does it count if you quit one job to move to another? i know the service sector is suffering from that (people found better jobs)

man, covid has really done a number on the world, such strange impacts! 

Turns out they don’t want info on all transactions over $600, they want all info from accounts with more than $600 in deposits or withdrawals in a year. Basically blanket financial surveillance. Quite the invasion of privacy. 

Spoiler

When the Biden administration looked for ways to pay for the president’s expansive social policy bill, it proposed raising revenue by cracking down on $7 trillion in unpaid taxes, mostly from wealthy Americans and businesses.

To help find those funds, the administration wants banks to give the Internal Revenue Service new details on their customers and provide data for accounts with total annual deposits or withdrawals worth more than $600. That has sparked an uproar among banks and Republican lawmakers, who say giving the I.R.S. such power would be an enormous breach of privacy and government overreach.

Banks and their trade groups are running advertising and letter-writing campaigns to raise awareness — and concern — about the proposal. As a result, banks from Denver to Philadelphia say they are being deluged with calls, emails and in-person complaints from both savers and small-business owners worried about the proposal. JPMorgan Chase & Company has issued talking points to bank tellers on what to tell angry customers who call or come into a branch to complain.

“We have heard a lot from our customers about their concerns about their privacy,” said Jill Castilla, the chief executive of the one-branch Citizens Bank of Edmond, just outside Oklahoma City. “I’ve gotten calls, emails, and then we’ve had many customers come in.”

• Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Turns out they don’t want info on all transactions over $600, they want all info from accounts with more than $600 in deposits or withdrawals in a year. Basically blanket financial surveillance. Quite the invasion of privacy. 

Reveal hidden contents

When the Biden administration looked for ways to pay for the president’s expansive social policy bill, it proposed raising revenue by cracking down on $7 trillion in unpaid taxes, mostly from wealthy Americans and businesses.

To help find those funds, the administration wants banks to give the Internal Revenue Service new details on their customers and provide data for accounts with total annual deposits or withdrawals worth more than $600. That has sparked an uproar among banks and Republican lawmakers, who say giving the I.R.S. such power would be an enormous breach of privacy and government overreach.

Banks and their trade groups are running advertising and letter-writing campaigns to raise awareness — and concern — about the proposal. As a result, banks from Denver to Philadelphia say they are being deluged with calls, emails and in-person complaints from both savers and small-business owners worried about the proposal. JPMorgan Chase & Company has issued talking points to bank tellers on what to tell angry customers who call or come into a branch to complain.

“We have heard a lot from our customers about their concerns about their privacy,” said Jill Castilla, the chief executive of the one-branch Citizens Bank of Edmond, just outside Oklahoma City. “I’ve gotten calls, emails, and then we’ve had many customers come in.”

What, I thought this was known?

4 hours ago, mchookem said:

'quits'... does that mean the obvious, i.e. people voluntarily quiting their jobs? 

how strange 🤔 you generally don't get UI if you 'quit'. does it count if you quit one job to move to another? i know the service sector is suffering from that (people found better jobs)

man, covid has really done a number on the world, such strange impacts! 

No. I don't believe so.

As the economy started upwards toward the end of Obama's presidency, unemployment was somewhat low and stayed low during the Trump administration. Even with the pandemic hitting very hard, labor has shifted in a variety of ways, IMO. Plus the percentage of the total population that is employable (working age population)  is around 64% down from 67% a decade ago. Seems like it is a combination of things--age demographics, pandemic, and types of jobs available.

https://theweek.com/business-news/1005970/treasury-secretary-yellen-says-consumers-shouldnt-panic-about-christmas?amp&__twitter_impression=true

There may be isolated shortages of goods and services in the coming months”

Not a good sign that they’re saying this imo. Let’s hope her prediction of “isolated shortages” holds up better than her “transitory inflation” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

18 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Reveal hidden contents

I know that banker in the picture and she’s the best community banker in America, no hyperbole.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:53 AM, Satoshi said:

Economic headwinds 

Quits mean that employees are finding other job opportunities and are taking them.  Essentially there is a fuck ton of moving around going on in the economy rn.  It’s not an indicator that tells you anything without more economic and data context.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Quits mean that employees are finding other job opportunities and are taking them.  Essentially there is a fuck ton of moving around going on in the economy rn.  It’s not an indicator that tells you anything without more economic and data context.  

that sounds like a good thing, people having options and taking them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Waiters and other service industry quitting for better jobs that don’t rely on tips from non tipping assholes. Its happening all over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Isn't this kind of the thing conservatives have been preaching for decades when arguing against minimum wages?  "If you don't like your job or pay, find a better one."

Turns out people don't want to work for a wage where they can't afford a one bedroom apartment on their own while getting treated like shit by customers every day.  So they are quitting.

Conservatives now:  "BuT nOw I hAvE tO wAiT lOnGeR aT aPpLeBeEs AnD tHe SeRvIcE iS wOrSe!"

Edited by Tom

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Isn't this kind of the thing conservatives have been preaching for decades when arguing against minimum wages?  "If you don't like your job or pay, find a better one."

Turns out people don't want to work for a wage where they can't afford a one bedroom apartment on their own while getting treated like shit by customers every day.  So they are quitting.

Conservatives now:  "BuT nOw I hAvE tO wAiT lOnGeR aT aPpLeBeEs AnD tHe SeRvIcE iS wOrSe!"

So much this.  Honestly, the service industry needs a major overhaul.  Europe is somehow able to pay servers living wages without relying on tips.  Not sure why we can't follow that model.

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

LeT tHe MaRkEt DeCiDe!

They are - the labor market has decided to no longer be the public's bitch for shit pay. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So much this.  Honestly, the service industry needs a major overhaul.  Europe is somehow able to pay servers living wages without relying on tips.  Not sure why we can't follow that model.

Because Mr. Pink is going to lose his shit when his coffee automatically costs a dollar more and he can't stiff the help.

12 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Covid fundamentally changed the economy and many employers particularly in the service industry have not yet picked up on that. 

Also, and I’m seeing this anecdotally in my field, the boomers are finally retiring and they are doing it in droves.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Also, and I’m seeing this anecdotally in my field, the boomers are finally retiring and they are doing it in droves.

I am as well.  A combo of not being savvy technologically combined with not wanting to return to office/covid worries= boomers out

Thirded on Boomer anecdote.

I know several who said fuck this at the beginning of COVID and have dealings with a bunch more that are cashing it in over the next few months.  Big voids to fill for several vendors I deal with.  I am sure it will be fine, fresh blood can be a blessing, but there definitely is an experience drain going on.