2018 NFL Draft

Machinator

Why would you be pissed, especially at QB, to drop to a better team?  This shit is so contrived and stupid.

Yeah, Randy Moss got skipped by Jerrah and Straight Cash Homey made him pay for it throughout Moss' career.  That shit makes sense, but the QB moping when they drop to a better team strikes me as made-up butthurt.  Your chances for success just improved dramatically.

Edited by slorch

Is Cleveland trying to inflict pain on their fans?

Darnold was the safest and likely best QB prospect and they went with POS Mayfield. If they weren’t sold on Darnold, they could have taken Barkley at #1, NYG probably take Chubb, Jets take Darnold or Mayfield. Then Cleveland could take the other at 4 and end up with the best player and the QB they could publicly claim they thought to be the best. 

Instead they go big risk with Mayfield, then at #4 they reach for the other position they have frequently wasted first rounders on (CB). They misread the draft as Derwin James dropped a bit, and Mike Hughes, Josh Jackson, and Donte Jackson ended up available at the very end of round 1 or early round 2, where Cleveland has the #33 and #35 picks. After the Mayfield blunder at 1, they could have salvaged their draft by trading down with Buffalo and still got James, Denzel Ward (who they took at #4), or one of the other 8-10 “elite” guys in this draft. Or they could have taken Chubb at that spot and got the best defensive player in the class. 

Their draft at 1/4/33/35 could’ve looked like:

Barkley, Darnold/Mayfield, 2nd/3rd best CB, Connor Williams or

Mayfield, Chubb, 2nd/3rd best CB, Connor Williams or

Mayfield, James/Ward, 2nd/3rd best CB, Connor Williams + two extra 2nd round picks

Damn it’s like you are trying to suck. 

Edited by Murfdogg21

15 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Darnold was the safest and likely best QB prospect and they went with POS Mayfield. If they weren’t sold on Darnold, they could have taken Barkley at #1, NYG probably take Chubb, Jets take Darnold or Mayfield. Then Cleveland could take the other at 4 and end up with the best player and the QB they could publicly claim they thought to be the best. 

Instead they go big risk with Mayfield, then at #4 they reach for the other position they have frequently wasted first rounders on (CB). They misread the draft as Derwin James dropped a bit, and Mike Hughes, Josh Jackson, and Donte Jackson ended up available at the very end of round 1 or early round 2, where Cleveland has the #33 and #35 picks. After the Mayfield blunder at 1, they could have salvaged their draft by trading down with Buffalo and still got James, Denzel Ward (who they took at #4), or one of the other 8-10 “elite” guys in this draft. Or they could have taken Chubb at that spot and got the best defensive player in the class. 

Mayfield, James/Ward, 2nd/3rd best CB, Connor Williams + two extra 2nd round picks

wasnt a fan of clevelands big night. they have like 2 of the first 3 in round 2 tonight so we'll see what happens next.

36 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Are you not including the Browns because them being retards is known?

what about Dallas?

I'm not as low on the Browns draft as some are here. And now the Browns have a chance to address needs because other teams let several solid prospects fall, like Guice, Landry (though he apparently has injury issues), Williams, and Oliver.

What about Dallas? LVE is a fine pick. Maybe they could have moved up when James was falling, but I thought they were going to take a WR in a draft with no elite WR prospect when their defense has needs all over the place.

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

What about Dallas? LVE is a fine pick. Maybe they could have moved up when James was falling, but I thought they were going to take a WR in a draft with no elite WR prospect when their defense has needs all over the place.

Apparently there is a pretty big talent gap at LB in this draft. 

If they don't get the guy they like in the second, they will probably go with Fountain (small school) or Callaway (major character concerns) in Round 5+.  I'd argue RB is probably a bigger need than WR as things stand today.

Edited by Amobie

56 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

But it's nice seeing douche bag go to the brownies.

1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I am shocked this guy is still on the board-

I think there are concerns about Jackson's fit in the NFL.  I wanna say Iowa played mostly Cover 3 so how will his game translate to the NFL?

As we (should) all know, it's not just about internal factors as to whether or not a draftee is going to be successful, but also fit.  Harold Landry looks to be a perfect example - he'll stand a better chance at success in a 3-4 than a 4-3.

I was surprised to see Josh Jackson slip out of the first round as well. He won't last long in the 2nd round. Landry slipped out of the first round as well, there must've been some major red flags around his injuries that weren't publicly known.

5 minutes ago, El Moco said:

Is it wrong that I don’t feel bad for our players that didn’t get drafted in the first round who also decided to commit early to the draft and not play in the bowl game?

What makes you think they all expected to go in the first round?

the days of only go pro if you are a top 20 pick ended when they restructured rookie contracts. Now it’s get to your second contract ASAP and the difference in money between top 10 pick and 90th pick isn’t so vast. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What makes you think they all expected to go in the first round?

the days of only go pro if you are a top 20 pick ended when they restructured rookie contracts. Now it’s get to your second contract ASAP and the difference in money between top 10 pick and 90th pick isn’t so vast. 

I didn’t mean all of them.  There were two three who thought they were first round talent, especially Connor Williams.  The way I see it, you screw the university and it’s fans when you choose to sit out the bowl game because you don’t want something to happen before the draft.  It’s football!  It’s always possible and if your gonna be a pussy about it, then don’t play the fucking sport.  I know some feel differently, but that’s my angle.