Jets just did the most jets thing even for 2020

Sgt Hulk

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Rush 7 and drop 5 in that situation?  Someone needs to be fired.

Nonsense - they accomplished their goal of keeping the #1 pick.

The only thing that beats you is a TD and Vegas has no timeouts?  Sure, let's go single coverage with no safety help.

You'll never convince me the Jets didn't intentionally lose this game.

Edited by Message Board User
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Nonsense - they accomplished their goal of keeping the #1 pick.

The only thing that beats you is a TD and Vegas has no timeouts?  Sure, let's go single coverage with no safety help.

It's some bullshit/bush league shit. Should be looked at.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Ha, nice, I didn't even pick up on that. Yeah, they rushed 7 with 1 spy/RB cover guy and 3 DBs playing coverage.

Agree that it's the exact call you make to try to lose.

Dont forget, 2 of those 3 DBs are rookies 

In that situation. You have 3 guys rush the passer. And drop pretty much everyone back to the goal line and make them catch it in front of you. Make the tackle in field of play and time pretty much runs out.

Unless of course,you’re trying to make sure you get Lawrence with the first pick of the draft. Then you do exactly what they did.......

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

My initial reaction was this was the worst defensive mistake I've ever seen on a last second pass.....but after thinking about it, it's too stupid to have been legit.   I think you have it exactly right, they lost on purpose.

Can you really get players to intentionally lose a game for the number 1 pick? And if intentional did the d-coordinator want to get shitcanned? It also makes him look stupid or lame for throwing the game. I have trouble believing the players and coaches would coordinate such an obvious tank job, but the explanation does make sense.

On 12/7/2020 at 12:17 PM, 'stache said:

Can you really get players to intentionally lose a game for the number 1 pick? And if intentional did the d-coordinator want to get shitcanned? It also makes him look stupid or lame for throwing the game. I have trouble believing the players and coaches would coordinate such an obvious tank job, but the explanation does make sense.

I was being silly, but it was the play call that sucked. Players didn't have to "buy in" to losing -  just to line up for that play. Of course DC didn't want to get fired, but he probably already knew he would be canned next month. Might as well get a head start on the job search.