Wild Ending in this Alabama High School State Championship Game

Vic Mackey

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Tom Herman moves fast I see. That last punt might be the most pathetic effort I've ever seen. 

The formation for receiving the onsides kick was worse.  

I could see Herman using that lineup and then explaining after the game that the odds told him to do it that way. 

20 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

That’s badass. You hate to throw a flag with 4 seconds left on a deep ball, but that was absolutely pass interference. For all the “oh those poor kids”’ on one side, there’s an equal amount of “oh that’s awesome for those kids” on the other

Yeah the whole "Oh those poor kids" thing goes out the window when you get a punt blocked in the closing seconds thinking you have the game won. 

3 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

The formation for receiving the onsides kick was worse.  

I could see Herman using that lineup and then explaining after the game that the odds told him to do it that way. 

And them having no clue that the receiving team doesn't have to wait until the ball goes 10 yards.

That’s badass. You hate to throw a flag with 4 seconds left on a deep ball, but that was absolutely pass interference. For all the “oh those poor kids”’ on one side, there’s an equal amount of “oh that’s awesome for those kids” on the other
Oh those poor kids.....

That game was what, 25 years ago? John Tyler vs mesquite I believe. Maybe garland.

Plano East. Craziest game I’ve ever attended. Was 12 and remember it vividly (was a Longview kid).

Wow! Thanks for posting that. I started to get the sense that something was about to go sideways for the team in black when there was still a minute left in the video after they took the lead.

I just adore listening to high school football announcers who are unapologetically homers and don’t even try to hide it. Those guys reminded me of watching football with my dad.

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

That one Auburn player jumps away from it. 

Yeah what the fuck was he doing? Literally jumps out of the way allowing for an easy recovery for the other team. All he had to do was snag it and game over. Looked like some Dallas/Atlanta shit where Atlanta did not know they could touch it before it goes 10yds