Formula 1 2021

wood

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Merc to Bottas: We're fucking you proper.

Bottas to Merc: New lap record.

I really wish he had told James and Toto to fuck off and pumped in a fastest lap without backing off in sector 3; what’s he got to lose at that point?

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, elfenix said:

Only thing keeping Max from being driver of the day is all the Dutch fans crashing the internet at zandvoort

And remember when you watch that massive crowd, that's only 70k people. They were restricted to 2/3 capacity.

Not sure this is the compliment Lewis indented it to be. Perfect wingman? Yes, Valtteri was perfect at that role. Fast enough to reliably get on the podium and win a race here or there when Lewis had an off day, but not fast enough to legitimately challenge for the WDC and get Merc in a repeat of 2014-16 driver feuds. 

I really wanted VB to steal fastest lap yesterday. 

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.hamilton-says-bottas-is-best-team-mate-ive-had-as-finn-announces-alfa-romeo.4u8icY6XXoB3L93bS2lky2.html

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, faps said:

So is that the 2022 lineup set or is Gio not gonna be at Alfa?

15 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Depends if Mick can force his way out of Haas

Gio’s still up in the air but seems like they’re making a change. It won’t be Mick. He’s staying at Haas. 

Alfa will have a lot of enticing financial options for that second seat. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

31 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Gio’s still up in the air but seems like they’re making a change. It won’t be Mick. He’s staying at Haas. 

Alfa will have a lot of enticing financial options for that second seat. 

no kidding. Marca (Spain) reporting Zhou's sponsors offered 30m euros for the second Alfa seat. that is hard to turn down

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

no kidding. Marca (Spain) reporting Zhou's sponsors offered 30m euros for the second Alfa seat. that is hard to turn down

And that doesn’t even include getting access to the entire Chinese fan base. They could make a boat load off Zhou, but the Andretti matter may be a factor. New management might not need the money as much. 

It’s a shame Ferrari couldn’t have the new engine ready for Monza, but it will be interesting to see how much the new engine gives them a boost. Only putting it in terms of HP is a little misleading, because a lot of the upgrade deals with ERS, and harvesting/deployment efficiency, so it’s not strictly a HP upgrade. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

And that doesn’t even include getting access to the entire Chinese fan base. They could make a boat load off Zhou, but the Andretti matter may be a factor. New management might not need the money as much. 

i would think in part it makes sense for him to sign Zhou to a 1 year deal, see what happens and move forward.

id love to see a new team enter F1 but that 200m up front fee is really damn tough for someone new to come in...

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

i would think in part it makes sense for him to sign Zhou to a 1 year deal, see what happens and move forward.

id love to see a new team enter F1 but that 200m up front fee is really damn tough for someone new to come in...

Yeah, I think they need to change the 200m considering how much it costs to build the infrastructure outside that fee. 

It seems like teams are very reticent to  sign rookies with the new regs coming up this year. They want a consistent benchmark to judge performance. It’s why I could see Alfa keeping Gio one more year. He’s supposed to be a good development driver and very consistent, so they can get the best data on how to improve the 22 car from him. 

19 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, I think they need to change the 200m considering how much it costs to build the infrastructure outside that fee. 

It seems like teams are very reticent to  sign rookies with the new regs coming up this year. They want a consistent benchmark to judge performance. It’s why I could see Alfa keeping Gio one more year. He’s supposed to be a good development driver and very consistent, so they can get the best data on how to improve the 22 car from him. 

makes sense to me.

51 minutes ago, NoName said:

49 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is exactly what the owners wanted. F1 is effectively a franchise sport now, where buying a team is the only rational way to enter the sport - unless the entrant is so attractive that they decide to waive or adjust the fee. The teams are much more valuable now.

• Hook 'Em 1

(Rumor of the day from Italy: Sebastian Vettel could be thinking of leaving F1 at the end of the year and Mr. Lawrence would be looking for a driver for 2022, if this is the case it could be a very attractive bomb for the drivers left in the market ...)

That'd be pretty wild. Seb seems older to me than he really is, he's only 34.

Are there any #1 caliber drivers left out there? Lance Stroll isn't a top tier driver to me.

Just had another thought, if dad Stroll is really injecting money into AM perhaps Gasly could slide out from under the Red Bull umbrella. Gasly is pretty deserving of a top tier seat. If Seb was to actually retire.

Edited by faps

31 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

More Zhou to Alfa. Can’t say I blame them for that kind of money and potential sponsorship opportunities. 

its a ton of money and a market where F1 has basically zero penetration

honestly this is 100% what Haas should have done and booted fucking Mazepin

• Hook 'Em 5