Formula 1 2021

wood

9 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Got damn! Williams strategists putting Merc to shame. Those new tires at the very end worked a treat.

Great day for Williams. Latifi P12. Russell P2

Weather supposed to be similar tomorrow. Maybe they can get some good points and lock in the best-of-the -worst

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I wonder how quickly George Russell, potential Mercedes 2022 driver, jumps out of Lewis’ way tomorrow. Slightly kidding. Great lap by him and Williams. Seems he’ll do very well when he gets top drive. 

I was joking with a buddy he might pull a Valterri. Lock that Merc seat up.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Very happy to see George on the front row. Sucks for Lando that they didn't red flag the session before his wreck. It sounds like he may have injured his elbow. 

Yeah, him holding the arm is very worrying. Anyone heard any news on that front?

11 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

He didn’t crash on the formation lap, it was his installation lap to the grid.

Actually, the lap from the pit to the grid is called the reconnaissance lap. 

38.1 30 minutes before the start of the formation lap the pit exit will be opened and cars will be permitted to leave the pit lane to cover a reconnaissance lap. At the end of this lap they will stop on the grid in starting order with their engines stopped.
Should they wish to cover more than one reconnaissance lap, this must be done by driving down the pit lane at greatly reduced speed between each of the laps.
Any car which does not complete a reconnaissance lap and reach the grid under its own power will not be permitted to start the race from the grid.

• Hook 'Em 1

The corrector doesn’t like being corrected 

There is a fundamental difference between a formation lap and an install/recon lap. The recon lap is called an install lap at every other stage of a Grand Prix weekend besides the laps leading up to the grid on race day. I wasn’t correcting Chicken’s terminology, I was correcting the timing of the incident.

Hey announcers, shut the fuck up about how Sergio Perez should be a lap down when, even if they do race, he won't have nearly enough time to get into the points.

And how many laps there should or shouldn't be.

Seriously, what the fuck.

Edited by aggie08