Formula 1 2021

wood

32 minutes ago, wood said:

OK, so I get the FP1 delay because of Vettel's electrical situation, but why did it take another 15 minutes for the track to go green after the car was on the truck on its way back to the pits?

To clean all the electrons off from the track

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Noozak said:

I agree. He rarely outperforms his car in qualifying and while he is typically strong on the first lap his race pace isn't fantastic. As cool as it would be to see Albon get that second seat I could see ferrari push Mick to the second Alfa seat (or keep him there to help fund Haas) or Robert Schwartzman gets placed in Alfa because he is the Ferrari Driver. 

Alex probably has a better future in indy car at this point 

Ferrari doesn’t control that seat anymore, and Mick is almost definitely staying at Haas. It really sounds like RBR are working to get Albon in either the Williams or Alfa seat. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ferrari doesn’t control that seat anymore, and Mick is almost definitely staying at Haas. It really sounds like RBR are working to get Albon in either the Williams or Alfa seat. 

Oh wow i missed the financial support piece. That would be big for either of those teams.

23 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

This is a cool track

Word up.  Such a cool track.  Tight and windy, and dat banking!

Red flag in every session so far though. I hope everyone is getting it out of their systems and we have a clean qualy and a clean race...

Edited by utee94

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The on board camera with Alonzo when he locked up before the banked curve was intense. Feels like it will be easy for someone to overshoot straight into that wall. 

Has to be a red flag tomorrow?

Kind of hoping for one. Otherwise it seems like we’re in for a procession. 

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Like the track. Feels like it could be 3 ft wider. Cars look huge out there. 

It's awesome, but it's built for bikes. I just got a text from a buddy who's raced there before. He says that while it's one of his favorite ever tracks to drive, the race will be a procession.

Edited by wood

18 minutes ago, wood said:

It's awesome, but it's built for bikes. I just got a text from a buddy who's raced there before. He says that while it's one of his favorite ever tracks to drive, the race will be a procession.

Same with the other Dutch track, Assen. Narrow and awesome for bikes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

Word up.  Such a cool track.  Tight and windy, and dat banking!

Red flag in every session so far though. I hope everyone is getting it out of their systems and we have a clean qualy and a clean race...

Speaking of that banking

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CTZRGYqIE6E/?utm_medium=copy_link 

• Haha 1

this swoopy, flowy, banking track is awesome.  its like an oversized kart track.  more zaandvort pls.

edit: everybody already mentioned the size constraint.  wonder if the f2/f3 race were better with the more size appropriate cars

Edited by 52-80

this swoopy, flowy, banking track is awesome.  its like an oversized kart track.  more zaandvort pls.
edit: everybody already mentioned the size constraint.  wonder if the f2/f3 race were better with the more size appropriate cars
F2 cars aren't that much smaller. Only 100 mm narrower.