Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 hours ago, futureman said:

I had to look that up.  not sure I’ve ever had sherry. 

For me, only Oloroso sherry is worth drinking. (It's the "añejo" of sherries.)

I spit the Fino out in my wine class as soon as I could grab the spit bucket. (That didn't exactly score points with my instructor, who was from Spain.) The one we tasted was purely medicinal. I explained to a wine guy at a Total Wine & More in LA that I would describe it as "something that you would use to clean a wound." He chuckled and agreed.

Any sherry with "Cream" in it has been sweated and was originally made for the British market. It's crap.

Amontillado is a blend of Fino & Amoroso... I can't recall trying it in class and I've never bought it. (It would be the reposado of sherries.)

Pedro Ximénez is sweet as well, but it's not doctored crap like the creams. It might be like a vintage port.

You can read up on all the types of Sherry (a.k.a. "Jerez" or "Xerez") here: https://www.sherrynotes.com/sherry-types/

2 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Haha! Yeah, that shit has been around for a long time. Not sure where it ranks in the sherry drinkers world.

Between extremely low and undrinkable.

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

DzpReSpW0AIF2Gg.jpg

This is so funny to me as a guy that didn't grow up in Texas and wasn't a particularly religious guy (I'd go to the temple maybe once or twice a year at home and haven't gone since I left except when I visit family) and I was just blown away by how many churches there were and how many Christian student groups there were. I think I was invited to like 15 opening events walking down Speedway or West Mall and that was it with me trying to avoid anyone with a piece of paper. No Christian person will have any issues worshiping their God in Austin. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

For me, only Oloroso sherry is worth drinking. (It's the "añejo" of sherries.)

I spit the Fino out in my wine class as soon as I could grab the spit bucket. (That didn't exactly score points with my instructor, who was from Spain.) The one we tasted was purely medicinal. I explained to a wine guy at a Total Wine & More in LA that I would describe it as "something that you would use to clean a wound." He chuckled and agreed.

Any sherry with "Cream" in it has been sweated and was originally made for the British market. It's crap.

Amontillado is a blend of Fino & Amoroso... I can't recall trying it in class and I've never bought it. (It would be the reposado of sherries.)

Pedro Ximénez is sweet as well, but it's not doctored crap like the creams. It might be like a vintage port.

You can read up on all the types of Sherry (a.k.a. "Jerez" or "Xerez") here: https://www.sherrynotes.com/sherry-types/

Between extremely low and undrinkable.

i've been traveling, but i assume this means our 2020 class is going poorly.

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

He does, but doesn't appear to use it. 

https://twitter.com/paul_pesek

Best of all, it looks like the only thing he used it for was tweeting directly to recruits:

As others have said, I was completely blown away when I learned that he was a real person and not someone trolling. Only aggy could produce this guy.

Seeing all these aggy posts makes one realize that there really is a serious inferiority complex at work with these poor people. They can only deal with reality by distorting it to always make themselves the winners and the stars of their own little movies. A psychiatrist would have a field day with these folks.

Meh. It’s pretty run of the mill cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias. But it’s hilarious to watch nonetheless.

A couple of posts are VIP but holy shit they are now thinking they'll get better players than Garth, Lindberg, the state is weak for OT's, we don't really want Ja'quendin Jackson, Burns took Chris Thompson's spot.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/Houston-Under-Armour-Texas-AM-recruiting-news-and-notes-129207331/

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

A couple of posts are VIP but holy shit they are now thinking they'll get better players than Garth, Lindberg, the state is weak for OT's, we don't really want Ja'quendin Jackson, Burns took Chris Thompson's spot.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/Houston-Under-Armour-Texas-AM-recruiting-news-and-notes-129207331/

Who could have predicted this?

It's crazy. My sarcasm detector goes off so strongly that it pegs with some aggy stuff that gets copied and pasted over here. And then time and time again, the info is confirmed. Like the vegan libertarian aggy wannabe, Daddy98, and of course all the traditions like flaming jazz jars. My reality is very different from theirs.

7 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

This is so funny to me as a guy that didn't grow up in Texas and wasn't a particularly religious guy (I'd go to the temple maybe once or twice a year at home and haven't gone since I left except when I visit family) and I was just blown away by how many churches there were and how many Christian student groups there were. I think I was invited to like 15 opening events walking down Speedway or West Mall and that was it with me trying to avoid anyone with a piece of paper. No Christian person will have any issues worshiping their God in Austin. 

Yes but this is a rational argument. Doesn’t work on irrational people. Many aggys are so full of hate and frustration they want to apply every bad characteristic possible to both Austin and UT reality be damned.

Edited by Scholz

They have a thread shitting on the Fedora hire. Within 2 posts Tarp says it is a great hire because Fedora's offenses were power running teams out of the spread, which is exactly what Herman does.

Though it's much more fun when aggy talks out of both sides of their mouths concerning OOS recruiting.

Case in point...

I think going out of state under Fisher is alot easier than we thought.

Given his ties to the Southeast thats where most of our OOS offers go to. When it comes to Southeast recruiting unless it's a kid UGA, Bama, or Clemson really wants Jimbo has proven that he will routinely beat the programs like Florida, Miami, FSU and Tennessee out for players.

The Texas battles we need to win are the ones over the in state studs. Players like Leal, Green, Cupp, Richardson, Williams, and Demas. Fisher has done a great job landing these guys except for Carter, which was really painful.

This cycle in state I think we need to land Demas, Hornsby, Omeire, Alford, Jones,one of the big 3 RBs, and one of Broughton/Collins. Everyone else is replaceable.

Notice that the Texas battles they needed to win are guys that signed with aggy.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 9:45 AM, golfclap said:

Aggy got a damn good one in Jones and if he's more receptive to a move to S later he and Richardson would make a fucking killer tandem at SS/FS. FAARRRR better than anything they have fielded in a while, but if he stays at CB it's another weird take for them. 

6'3" guys that run 4.5 shuttles aren't going to be able to play man effectively at all. Jones has exceptional explosive power (as you can see in his vert and the long jump he hit at the Texas camp, as well as the dunk contest), I think he'd be devastating as a FS playing facing the ball. As a CB, I think he'd be great as a FS playing facing the ball. 

Reports from the UA camp this weekend had Jones really struggling in man coverage and playing very well in zone. Dude really should accept what he is and play FS. 

17 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Reports from the UA camp this weekend had Jones really struggling in man coverage and playing very well in zone. Dude really should accept what he is and play FS. 

Lulz. Yeah. He’s already too tall and he’s going to be way too heavy by the time he gets to college to play corner. 

Its why I’m not too torn up about losing him even though he would do wel in our system as a safety. Also funny that aggy just continues to take dudes who can’t play corner as their CB takes.

It’s like they’re having a battle between CB and OT to see how many guys they can take at each spot that can’t play the position.

Edited by Burt Macklin

22 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Oh so now Texas kids are overrated and Jimbo will get better OOS players that are better?

Who could’ve possibly seen this coming???

On 1/31/2019 at 10:25 PM, Burt Macklin said:

And then in 2020 we kick aggy’s ass in state and they flip it to, Texas players can’t hang in the SEC. Jimbo went out and scoured the country for the best recruits in the nation, not just one state.

I'm sorry I missed all the church chat on this thread this weekend. I've got a Muslim friend who recently complained to me about how impossible it is to find a parking space for going to mosque on Fridays. I laughed and explained to him that, yes, even though the Northgate neighborhood is full of churches (and the mosque), it is also full of bars. When they made parking free on Friday afternoons for the Muslim students to go to mosque, it also made it free for all the other students, who want to go get an early start on drinking.

If there is a more schizophrenic neighborhood in the United States than Northgate, I have no idea what it would be.

17 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You're on Surly daily. How exciting is your life?

Exciting enough that the thought of going out of my way to make a known aggy moron’s life “miserable” doesnt appeal to me. Laughing at Daddy98 as he perpetually steps on the rake of life amusing to many of us. But his idiocy is self inflicted. Trying to make myself feel better by making him feel shittier, thanks, but ill take a pass on that. 

I come to shaggy for intelligent discourse and to follow recruiting. And gifs. Poking that retard with a stick doesnt make my list.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Paul Pesek - Farmers Insurance 

https://agents.farmers.com/tx/houston/paul-pesek

Wait, so this guy basically self-doxed?  aggy gonna aggy.

We should probably do the noble thing up front and set some ground rules, like leaving his wife and kids out of the conversation.  Probably shouldn't target his co-workers either, i.e., any insinuations that his daughter looks more like his "hard-working colleague" than she does his wife (por que no los dos?) would be considered poor form.   The fact that he's apparently into nepotism would be fair game, though.

Wait, who am I kidding?  A surly by any other name would still shag as sweet.  Have at thee.