Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

11 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

I'm not sure I can put into words how much better this offseason has been with the UGA win. I just can't.

If we pair that with a win over LSU, and an A&M loss to UGA... it would be epic.

And an aggy loss to LSU of course....but then they’d just say we only beat LSU because we had them at home and they had to play on the road. 

• Like 1

Just now, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

I'm not sure I can put into words how much better this offseason has been with the UGA win. I just can't.

If we pair that with a win over LSU, and an A&M loss to UGA... it would be epic.

That would be the day the heat under Jimbo would become noticeable. They try like hell to explain everything away, but there would be no way to sugarcoat their trajectory if both of those things happened.

8 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

That would be the day the heat under Jimbo would become noticeable. They try like hell to explain everything away, but there would be no way to sugarcoat their trajectory if both of those things happened.

Remember that like most totalitarian societies, everything not required is strictly forbidden at aggy.  Until the mob turns, criticism of the savior-coach is treason.  Once they move on to the next savior, ritual human sacrifice of the old one becomes mandatory.  But the groupthink makes the transition both more sudden and more disconcerting for the sheeple than it would be for a healthy human society.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

They should have just called this film "FSU's Program".

It couldn't have been more clear when this film came out which university was the filmmakers' inspiration. From writer, to director, to wardrobe, to set design, to...

Bowden's Boys

ESPN did a write up with exactly who all the characters were based on

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24760305/inside-story-program-college-football-cult-movie

• Like 2

Jaylon Jones is very good.  So is Demond Demas.  But neither is the top overall player on each side of the ball in state.  Give me Zach Evans on offense and either Chris Thompson or Ja'Quinden Jackson on defense.  But 86aggy did preface his statement with "our" top guys.  In other words, the top guys they have a shot for.

4 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

So aggy is planning to lose the in-state battle for Texas recruits this year?

When you make failure a part of the plan, there’s no down side. 

I do think it’s funny that no matter what kind of shade they throw at Texas recruiting, their team seems to do the same thing a year or two later and they spin it so much differently. 

They thought they’d land a bunch of guys on nsd2 like they did for 2018 but nope. Then they thought they’d jump out with a bunch of early commitments again and nope, not yet anyway. 

So rewrite the script again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just so I'm clear, it has been my understanding that 2020 was more talented top to bottom than the 2019 class in the state of Texas. Particularly at OL and DL. Am I completely ass backwards on this? Because I thought 2020 was more talented than 2019, and by a fair margin. 

Is there an objective way to measure this? Like # of Texas recruits in the Top 300 or something? 

It was my impression the state was deeper this year as well but maybe that perception was influenced by the Evans' of the world. 

Just now, Newy25 said:

Is there an objective way to measure this? Like # of Texas recruits in the Top 300 or something? 

It was my impression the state was deeper this year as well but maybe that perception was influenced by the Evans' of the world. 

I'm fine with a subjective measurement by those of us who pay attention. Lots of garbage, like say Bobby Wolf and Grant Gunnell can influence shit. Call it the Chibuzo/Collins Corollary. 

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just so I'm clear, it has been my understanding that 2020 was more talented top to bottom than the 2019 class in the state of Texas. Particularly at OL and DL. Am I completely ass backwards on this? Because I thought 2020 was more talented than 2019, and by a fair margin. 

It is at most positions, with DB and QB being the only exceptions I can think of. Maybe WR depending on how Mims and some of these other guys end up. Not even close on DL. although I think Green and Johnson are probably better than anyone in-state on OL, the depth is much, much better this year. 

But remember they judge the state’s talent by the guys they’re likely to get. It truly is incredible how many elite in-state prospects aren’t even giving aggy a serious look. I really am shocked. I figured Jimbo and co.’s emphasis on recruiting over quality coaching and tendency to misplace bags of cash would mean they were in it for more top kids in-state this year. 

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Not really. The ranking sites are super unreliable this early in the cycle. The only good objective measurement would be comparing the final rankings for each class after 2020 NSD2. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Rankings change so much over the course of the cycle, you'd have to wait until NSD 2020 to really make this type of comparison.

Edited by satyanash
Macklin, you son of a bitch
  • Haha 1