Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

15 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I'm calling Possible Shenanigans.  The article said these are not OVs so i guess there is no time constraints on the visits themselves.  But one does not just "venture" from Tuscaloosa to Athens on the same day.  Did either Saban or Kirby dispatch State-owned private aircraft to enable this "venture"?  Let's assume no.  This past saturday Google indicates driving from Tuscaloosa to Athens required somewhere between 3:50 to 5:10, so we'll split the difference and say it was a 4:30 drive.

So Alabama was willing to burn time on a player they want and only have him on campus for how many hours?  Remember, he "spent the morning" at Alabama and was there "at the beginning of practice".  What time was that?  From that moment unless he teleported the drive to Athens took 4.5 hours.

If i'm Satan or Kirby and I want the guy, i'm not splitting time on the same day with my mortal enemy.

This just seems..... odd.

Every program that's worth a shit throws out a little money to help recruits travel for UOVs 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’d still like to see it happen. I’d love for him to have the same record as sumlin after 5 years. 

If Jimbo has the same record as Sumlin after 5 years, that is actually better.  The SEC West is much better now than it was when Sumlin was in charge.

And that is how you spin it. 

3 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I am just waiting for dumbo to show up on a Saturday night in Baton Rouge. I hope the ogre hangs a 100 on them. That place will be crazy.

The home cooking will be egregious after last year's cheatfest in collie station.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I had a family friend when I was younger who had a son in east Texas that was very intelligent. He got into Princeton. His dad, however, grew up cheering for the aggies. His son thought he might want to be an engineer, so his dad insists on taking him to ATM to meet with the admissions folks and people in engineering. His son scored like a 1580 on his SAT and had been accepted into anywhere, really. He hadn't yet applied to ATM.

So they end up meeting with an admissions person and an engineering school employee involved with admissions. This is late 90's/early 00's timing and both employees that they meet with are crewcut-wearing redasses. They proceed to tell this kid and his dad that the engineering school at ATM is so hyper-competitive that they're not sure he's actually got what it takes to get in and they're not some liberal northeast school that looks only at SAT scores. Both father and son leave the experience asking "Who in the fuck do these people think they are?". He went on to Princeton and tells that story to people these days when ATM comes up. I assume this is a common phenomenon with these goobers. 

funny because they've turned into a school which basically accepts anyone.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Perroni crystal balled Garrett Hayes to aggy.  Wont be long until Daddy98, RiverRat and company saying he's better than any sip OL commit.

Already done. In the current Aggy narrative Hayes and Ty'Kyiest Crawford are basically Joe Thomas and Willie Roaf and are clearly superior to Lindberg, etc ... 

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I had a family friend when I was younger who had a son in east Texas that was very intelligent. He got into Princeton. His dad, however, grew up cheering for the aggies. His son thought he might want to be an engineer, so his dad insists on taking him to ATM to meet with the admissions folks and people in engineering. His son scored like a 1580 on his SAT and had been accepted into anywhere, really. He hadn't yet applied to ATM.

So they end up meeting with an admissions person and an engineering school employee involved with admissions. This is late 90's/early 00's timing and both employees that they meet with are crewcut-wearing redasses. They proceed to tell this kid and his dad that the engineering school at ATM is so hyper-competitive that they're not sure he's actually got what it takes to get in and they're not some liberal northeast school that looks only at SAT scores. Both father and son leave the experience asking "Who in the fuck do these people think they are?". He went on to Princeton and tells that story to people these days when ATM comes up. I assume this is a common phenomenon with these goobers. 

Part of me wants to say JFC those people make me want to weep for humanity and the other part says of course that happened.

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That guy could give every paycheck he  earns for the rest of his life directly to those two redasses, and he’d still owe an enormous debt to them for the favor they did that day.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if you guys are ready but I'm gonna give you some of that pure uncut stuff. Our favorite talent scout/film junkie Playmaker has has graced us with "A few thoughts from the first week of Spring Ball". The best part is that I assume this is knowledge gained from watching  the same public videos as everyone else and reading the write-ups at TA and 247. Bold added for my favorite uncut lulz. 

from what I have gathered and seen and heard:

-RB is wide open behind Corbin and I'd guess will stay wide open until we go to Clemson. 
-Kibodi is one of the best athletes on the team. is he a RB? very fast. very fluid. NFL body 
-Andre White has the best athletic LB frame I've seen at A&M in 20 years. his body his just built to play LB. looks like a young lavaar arrington. long, lean, powerful, proportioned like an athletic TE. can he play a lick? 
-Max wright is very athletic big man. the talent that made him an initial 5 star as a soph are starting to come back around. hes fast, he has bend, and hes 6'3 and 265 lbs as a freshman, which is not small by anyone standards as a collegiate DE. 
-Jerry Martin has added weight and runs like a fast LB. can he play DE every down or is he a situational player? The weakside DE in Elko's scheme had to have a lot of strength and ability to win point of attack. hes plays tight off the tackle/te. has to have more than just speed. 
-jalen preston is not a route runner nor a natural WR. he is having to learn. he is a bit heavy in his feet which is something that showed on film, but he overcame with pure athleticism and physicality with the ball in his hands. runs like a bull and not a deer. WRs are generally deers. 
-Tyree johnson has really thickened up. I'd guess 12 solid pounds. will it slow him down off the ball? 
-cordarrian Richardson will look better in live action than quick whistle action. he is a guy who lives on the extra 2-3 yards after contact. Graham and Jimbo know the drill with a back like this. 
-we have 2 guys on the team that are as unique athletes as we've had in some time: 1.) vernon jackson. a legit 6'3 kid that could play TB, TE or LB. really is a gifted athlete. whats his best spot? we still dont know. 2.) cliff chattman. cliff is very fast. he can really run. he is also our most physical DB. so he has the body of a 6'4 WR, 4.4 speed. and plays like a LB. does he have a position? can his body stay on the field? he is just built like a guy that will always battle injury. his hits write checks his ass cant cash. 
-leon oneal is having an excellent spring. 
-michael clemons is having an excellent spring 
-the move to flanker for q davis is natural and signals that we wont be in 2 TE sets as much this year. 
-rony elam look really solid. he was 6'2 158 lbs when he showed up. it pays to have guys stay in the program 4-5 years at times. you need veterans with mature bodies every year. a 22 year old is going to beat out the 18 yr old 90% of the time.

Most NFL ability players on team:

-corbin - most initial burst at RB since Goodson 
-Cupp - you can easily and quickly see this is a rare athlete 
-Madu - best defender on our team by a pretty wide margin 
-clemons - huge man with a lot of pop off the ball. everything you want in a 5 tech. has to stay on the field and get some reps. 
-tank jenkins - extremely powerful guard that moves well 
-kendrick rogers - has more ability than he has shown. has the ability to take over ballgames. 
-q davis - natural route runner and pass catcher. footwork is as good as you will see. 

-Oneal - very twitchy safety, with better coverage ability than he is given credit for
-Peevy - athleticism at his frame is up there with Clemons. has to play stronger and with more violence every snap. 
-Brown - size and power are NFL ready. is he a nose? is he simply a plugger or is he a distruptor? can his play match his body?

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I'm not sure if you guys are ready but I'm gonna give you some of that pure uncut stuff. Our favorite talent scout/film junkie Playmaker has has graced us with "A few thoughts from the first week of Spring Ball". The best part is that I assume this is knowledge gained from watching  the same public videos as everyone else and reading the write-ups at TA and 247. Bold added for my favorite uncut lulz. 

-RB is wide open behind Corbin and I'd guess will stay wide open until we go to Clemson. 
-Kibodi is one of the best athletes on the team. is he a RB? very fast. very fluid. NFL body 
-Andre White has the best athletic LB frame I've seen at A&M in 20 years. his body his just built to play LB. looks like a young lavaar arrington. long, lean, powerful, proportioned like an athletic TE. can he play a lick? 
-Max wright is very athletic big man. the talent that made him an initial 5 star as a soph are starting to come back around. hes fast, he has bend, and hes 6'3 and 265 lbs as a freshman, which is not small by anyone standards as a collegiate DE. 
-Jerry Martin has added weight and runs like a fast LB. can he play DE every down or is he a situational player? The weakside DE in Elko's scheme had to have a lot of strength and ability to win point of attack. hes plays tight off the tackle/te. has to have more than just speed. 
-jalen preston is not a route runner nor a natural WR. he is having to learn. he is a bit heavy in his feet which is something that showed on film, but he overcame with pure athleticism and physicality with the ball in his hands. runs like a bull and not a deer. WRs are generally deers. 
-Tyree johnson has really thickened up. I'd guess 12 solid pounds. will it slow him down off the ball? 
-cordarrian Richardson will look better in live action than quick whistle action. he is a guy who lives on the extra 2-3 yards after contact. Graham and Jimbo know the drill with a back like this. 
-we have 2 guys on the team that are as unique athletes as we've had in some time: 1.) vernon jackson. a legit 6'3 kid that could play TB, TE or LB. really is a gifted athlete. whats his best spot? we still dont know. 2.) cliff chattman. cliff is very fast. he can really run. he is also our most physical DB. so he has the body of a 6'4 WR, 4.4 speed. and plays like a LB. does he have a position? can his body stay on the field? he is just built like a guy that will always battle injury. his hits write checks his ass cant cash. 
-the move to flanker for q davis is natural and signals that we wont be in 2 TE sets as much this year. 
-rony elam look really solid. he was 6'2 158 lbs when he showed up. it pays to have guys stay in the program 4-5 years at times. you need veterans with mature bodies every year. a 22 year old is going to beat out the 18 yr old 90% of the time.

-clemons - huge man with a lot of pop off the ball. everything you want in a 5 tech. has to stay on the field and get some reps. 
-kendrick rogers - has more ability than he has shown. has the ability to take over ballgames. 
-q davis - natural route runner and pass catcher. footwork is as good as you will see. 

-Oneal - very twitchy safety, with better coverage ability than he is given credit for
-Peevy - athleticism at his frame is up there with Clemons. has to play stronger and with more violence every snap. 
-Brown - size and power are NFL ready. is he a nose? is he simply a plugger or is he a distruptor? can his play match his body?

giphy.gif

Breaks. Down. Film. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Guess it’s time to put in the 19 on Jimbo's 20__ NC Trophy.  

• Like 1

giphy.gif
Two things stand out:

1) It is really creepy to hear how in depth his study if the players bodies has been. It's one thing to mention weight or size here and there, but damn if he doesn't spend a lot of time focusing on "body" talk. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

2) It has gotten to the point where when I read Oneal I think it's a typo for Sloneal. I've just seen Sloneal so much I forget it's not actually his name.

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Well, that night I lost myself to ruby red lips, milky white skin, and baby blue eyes. Name was Russell.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Already done. In the current Aggy narrative Hayes and Ty'Kyiest Crawford are basically Joe Thomas and Willie Roaf and are clearly superior to Lindberg, etc ... 

Those are two very good takes but they lucked into both. One was born Aggie and the other we decided not to recruit. 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

weird. when i walked into the princeton admission offices telling them my dad was a huge tigers fan and that i had made a perfect verbal score on the sat they gave me a scholarship immediately. shit is slipping. 

Looks like Ondario Robinson (I think)  is gonzo. 

Tarp ::

He was at practice today.

However, as I noted the other day, he and Moses Reynolds are the only scholarship players with the fourth unit on defense in the 11 on air segements.

and Blinkin ::

It’s legal stuff. He done.

Indeed he is. also from Aggy247 board::

A quick synopsis:

He plead guilty to stealing a police bait bike in October in 2017. Was sentenced to, "nine months of community supervision, 60 hours of community service and the completion of an anti-theft program within 180 days."

He was arrested again after a warrant was issued for missing 5 urine analysis, not completing the anti-theft program, and missing community service hours.

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Indeed he is. also from Aggy247 board::

Fuck's a D-I football player doing stealing a bike? And why wasn't the aggy support staff on him to show up for his piss tests/community service?

Even if Jimbo's processing him, that's a uniquely shitty way to do it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Fuck's a D-I football player doing stealing a bike? And why wasn't the aggy support staff on him to show up for his piss tests/community service?

Even if Jimbo's processing him, that's a uniquely shitty way to do it.

This is how jimbo will process sumlin and transition players. Just let them fuck up, and don’t help them. 

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Well, it's Jimbo. 

I can't wait to see the hoops he will jump through to defend a player he really needs. Might be hard for him this time when he doesn't have Candi to send in to suck out any ill-will. He better learn that sending a sheep will net him more sympathy than sending in Meemaw.

Edited by rickyspub

The most exciting 15 minutes in sports. 

Spoiler

Gabe Bock

5:06p

Staff

AG

The Aggies were in shorts and shoulder pads on a beautiful but windy Thursday afternoon in College Station for Day #6 of spring football. The media got a quick 15-20 minute glimpse into the start of practice. Here are a few brief observations...

* Not much change to the depth chart vs. yesterday. As you might remember, some players are held out here and there with minor nicks and bruises so read NOTHING into these depth chart notes. It's spring ball and not everyone participates in every practice and the proven guys get a day off here and there. Here's the first team today...

Offense...
QB: Mond
RB: Jackson (Corbin still out with hammy)
WR: Ausbon, Jones, Buckley (slot)
TE: Beal
OL (L-R): Moore, Matthews, McCollum, Jenkins, Green

Defense...
DE: T. Johnson (stand-up WDE), Clemons (SDE)
DT: Brown (nose), Madubuike (3-Tech) AND Peevy (had 12 guys on the field and Peevy and Brown both in with 1s)
LB: B. White (MLB), B. Johnson (WLB)
CB: Oliver (boundary), Renfro (field)
S: Tucker (boundary), O'Neal (field)
N: Chattman

* Hez Jones was with the first-team WRs but several guys were out today.

* Luke Matthews was still with the first team at left guard. But without naming names, several guys were out once again today on the OL. This is Matthews' third straight day to get first team reps.

* The noted change on defense was Cliff Chattman getting a look at first team nickel. We've heard for years how talented he is and it seems like the move to nickel would fit his size and skill set. Good to see him get some action with the first team. One to file away and see if it continues from here.

* I spent all of my allotted time today watching offense since I watch defense yesterday. Most of my time was spent watching new OL coach Josh Henson operate and how he communicates and works with his position group. A lot of great teaching going on with that unit. Now, he's not a yeller. And his accent is more of an Oklahoman than a Bostonian. But Josh is a very good technician and teacher of the game and hammers the guys on the small details, much like what we saw with Coach Turner but with a vastly different delivery and teaching/motivating style. Here's video of Henson working on properly technical alignment with redshirt freshman guard Colten Blanton...

By the way, here is what the second team OL looks like right now (L-R): Diesch | Anderson | Clement | Blanton | Gallagher (walk-on)

* Vernon Jackson, who looks like an absolute specimen on the football field, is still with the first team at RB with Corbin out. After that, it looks like Kibodi is spending most time with the second team, then Richardson, then Prince.

* Tight end Glenn Beal had a bad drop on a screen from Kellen Mond with first team. The next the first team stepped up to the line, Baylor Cupp was at TE with Mond. And he made a nice catch on an intermediate route. Here's video...

* Shortly after that, the offense started working on QB/TE seam routes in the red zone. The first TE working with Kellen ... Baylor Cupp. Nice route, nice ball from Kellen, nice TD catch from Cupp.

* Right before the horn sounded and before our time ended on the field, I got to see Jimbo Fisher at his best ... coaching his QBs on the nuances and the fine technical points of playing the position and throwing the football. Jimbo got all over true freshman QB Zach Calzada for poor mechanics on an incomplete pass into the end zone "on air." Zach's pass wasn't terribly inaccurate but he threw the ball on off his back foot. Jimbo got on him pretty good. "Lazy, lazy, lazy. Do it right. You do it again, that's 1,000 up-downs." The next time, he did it right. TD pass. Jimbo still wasn't very happy with him but he didn't have to do the up-downs. Not this time, at least.

* In special teams action, both Small and Davis banged in a kick from 50 yards out. And working the edges on FG block today were Chattman once again, along with Buddy Johnson and Charles Oliver.

That'll do it for today. Jimbo speaks to the media after practice this evening and we'll have that video up soon after our time with the A&M head coach.

14 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Hide contents

Gabe Bock

Staff

AG

The Aggies were in shorts and shoulder pads on a beautiful but windy Thursday afternoon in College Station for Day #6 of spring football. The media got a quick 15-20 minute glimpse into the start of practice. Here are a few brief observations...

* Not much change to the depth chart vs. yesterday. As you might remember, some players are held out here and there with minor nicks and bruises so read NOTHING into these depth chart notes. It's spring ball and not everyone participates in every practice and the proven guys get a day off here and there. Here's the first team today...

Offense...

Defense...
DT: Brown (nose), Madubuike (3-Tech) AND Peevy (had 12 guys on the field and Peevy and Brown both in with 1s)

* Luke Matthews was still with the first team at left guard. But without naming names, several guys were out once again today on the OL. This is Matthews' third straight day to get first team reps.

* The noted change on defense was Cliff Chattman getting a look at first team nickel. We've heard for years how talented he is and it seems like the move to nickel would fit his size and skill set. Good to see him get some action with the first team. One to file away and see if it continues from here.

* I spent all of my allotted time today watching offense since I watch defense yesterday. Most of my time was spent watching new OL coach Josh Henson operate and how he communicates and works with his position group. A lot of great teaching going on with that unit. Now, he's not a yeller. And his accent is more of an Oklahoman than a Bostonian. But Josh is a very good technician and teacher of the game and hammers the guys on the small details, much like what we saw with Coach Turner but with a vastly different delivery and teaching/motivating style. Here's video of Henson working on properly technical alignment with redshirt freshman guard Colten Blanton...

By the way, here is what the second team OL looks like right now (L-R): Diesch | Anderson | Clement | Blanton | Gallagher (walk-on)

* Vernon Jackson, who looks like an absolute specimen on the football field, is still with the first team at RB with Corbin out. After that, it looks like Kibodi is spending most time with the second team, then Richardson, then Prince.

* Tight end Glenn Beal had a bad drop on a screen from Kellen Mond with first team. The next the first team stepped up to the line, Baylor Cupp was at TE with Mond. And he made a nice catch on an intermediate route. Here's video...

* Shortly after that, the offense started working on QB/TE seam routes in the red zone. The first TE working with Kellen ... Baylor Cupp. Nice route, nice ball from Kellen, nice TD catch from Cupp.

* Right before the horn sounded and before our time ended on the field, I got to see Jimbo Fisher at his best ... coaching his QBs on the nuances and the fine technical points of playing the position and throwing the football. Jimbo got all over true freshman QB Zach Calzada for poor mechanics on an incomplete pass into the end zone "on air." Zach's pass wasn't terribly inaccurate but he threw the ball on off his back foot. Jimbo got on him pretty good. "Lazy, lazy, lazy. Do it right. You do it again, that's 1,000 up-downs." The next time, he did it right. TD pass. Jimbo still wasn't very happy with him but he didn't have to do the up-downs. Not this time, at least.

* In special teams action, both Small and Davis banged in a kick from 50 yards out. And working the edges on FG block today were Chattman once again, along with Buddy Johnson and Charles Oliver.

That'll do it for today. Jimbo speaks to the media after practice this evening and we'll have that video up soon after our time with the A&M head coach.

Please Gawd, let Aggy start Vernon Jackson at running back.

The SEC is a LOS League!!! Whoop!!! Howdy Dammit!!! Why does Aggy even need a nickel back? The only explanation I can come up with is if Saban's Spotify goes down. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

17 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Reveal hidden contents

Gabe Bock

Staff

AG

Offense...

Defense...

So they have a stand up DE with 3 down DL just like us, yet recruits are believing this 4-man front BS and negative talk about our scheme.