Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Tom Herman “appears” to do well in big games. Uh, no dumbfucks, he actually does well in big games. It’s probably hard for ATM to discern what a big game looks like, much less what doing well in one looks like, given that they haven’t played in one or performed well in one in over two decades.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Tom Herman “appears” to do well in big games. Uh, no dumbfucks, he actually does well in big games. It’s probably hard for ATM to discern what a big game looks like, much less what doing well in one looks like, given that they haven’t played in one or performed well in one in over two decades.

Big game to aggy is an abnormally large sheep.

• Like 1

They deal in lies. They always have. They're like incantations that they hope will become true with repetition.

tu is all about appearances. Somehow this allows them to diminish all Texas' achievements.

We're the flagship now, they were Texas, now we are. All based on next year. Never based on real achievement. Their highest achievement is acquiring the magic SEC patch that transforms them into a mythical SEC powerhouse. Plus Jimbo, who they're proud of having had to pay more than anybody else just to get him to come to College Station.

Lies.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

Lol what does "Mehlinger" have to do with anything
EBAIaRLWsAELPLu?format=png&name=smallEBAIa9WXYAACat1?format=png&name=smallEBAIbJmWwAArqBF?format=png&name=360x360

Using TEXAS to jump in ranking before committing to a “real” program? Jesus.

I know it’s aggy and all, but to say Texas isn’t a real program is way to far gone. Even for them.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Since 1998 They've got a Heisman which netted them a Cotton Bowl win which is probably their biggest bowl win this century.

Thank goodness for them that they lead the nation in quality losses. 

their best season ever was during the third reich.  their second best season ever they finished third in the sec west. 

real. football.

Edited by futureman

Spoiler

Hop

7:35p 

Staff

AG

It was my first day out at the practice fields to see the 2019 version of the Fightin' Texas Aggie football team. It was hot and muggy during the 20 minute media period, but about 15 minutes after we left, the skies opened up and it rained enough to send the team inside to finish up the practice in shorts and helmets.

Just a 30,000 foot overview before I get into some practice observations. Others have said it and Coach Fisher alluded to this as well in the summer, but this team physically looks like an SEC team at every position. It really is amazing to see the physical transformation of this roster in just two cycles.  

Here was the rough defensive depth chart in the early drills. A word of note here. It's day two and you'll usually see the experienced veterans get the benefit of the doubt at this early stage while they are going through drills. There's a lot of mixing-and-matching, and switching in and out depending on the rep, so it's way too early to say "where are the freshmen. Y'all advertised this class to be good, so why can't any of them crack the two-deep?" Let's wait a week or two before we start asking those questions. This is a rough work-in-progress and they haven't even put on the pads for the pecking order to emerge. With that said, here's how it looked today on defense.

1st Unit Defense

DL - Johnson, Maduibuike, Brown/Peevy, Clemons
LB - Hines, Johnson
CB - Renfro, Jones
R/S - Elam, Tucker, Carper

2nd Unit Defense

DL - Martin, Rogers, Hunter, Wright
LB - Andre White, Braden White
CB - Oliver, Young
R/S - Chattman, Pryor, O'Neal

3rd Unit Defense

DL - Orebo, Mawad, Milam, Leal
LB - Hansford, Okeke
CB - Reynolds, Fuller
R/S - Hitchcock, Richardson, Williams/Johnson

On offense, they did not run any 11-air drills, but based on position drills I can say that at tight end, Glenn Beal was running with the 1st group followed by Jalen Wydermyer, walk-on Tyler Scoggin, and Baylor Cupp. Last season, Beal was a better blocker than receiver. It was an area he really needed to work on and improve in this offseason, and based on the few drills I saw, he's worked hard at his receiving skills with success. He made a nice grab on an over-the-shoulder catch and he followed that up with a finger tip grab on an out-route near the sideline. Wydermeyer certainly looks the part, and moved well in his routes. He has good hands, but as you see with most young TE's, the coaches were really focusing on him using his extended hands to catch the ball as opposed to letting the ball come in and catch with the body. That will be corrected in short time. Baylor Cupp has an interesting skill set, but even the mid-termer isn't immune to mistakes of youth. A couple of times coming out of his cut he slowed down to located the QB and the ball which is natural...but the QB and coaches expect these guys to run the route without hesitation because timing is such an important factor. That message was clearly and loudly delivered to the young TE.

It's no secret, but Bobby Brown is a massive human being...but I wouldn't say he's too big or soft at all. He's just a big guy. Athletically, I really like Jayden Peevy. He's smooth and has the mass you need for an SEC DT. He also has longer than usual arms for an interior DL which is an asset.  Derick Hunter isn't far behind Brown on the massive scale. He looks the part running with the second unit.

It's clear that there is now depth in terms of size and athleticism at the safety spot. Think about what Leon O'Neal did in the bowl game, and he's in a big competition for the starting spot with Kelvin Carper who was running with the first unit along with Derrick Tucker. Tucker looks like he's added some nice weight to his frame and looks appreciably thicker than 2018. Add in the impressive looking safety duo of Demani Richardson and Brian Williams, and this competition will be fun to watch this fall.

Interesting to see Erick Young running with the second unit at cornerback ahead of a couple of veterans already. A lot of people felt that at his weight he was going to end up at safety, but he's got the footwork and quickness of a corner and that's where he's at for the Aggies. I did not see Elijah Blades today. I'm not sure if he was out, or I just missed him.

My goodness, there's nobody that is as rock hard and physically impressive as Buddy Johnson. His body fat total has to be minuscule. He looked quick and projected that air of "leader" of the LB group.  Anthony Hines appears to be the other top linebacker with the first unit at this early stage, but I can tell you there will be some of these young guys putting pressure on Hines throughout camp.  Andre White looks the part. I'm also trying to track down a number change. There was a large, athletic LB that moved quite well in drills wearing No. 24..and there is no No. 24 at LB on the roster. I suspect it may be Keshun Brown, but until I can confirm he's changed jersey numbers, No. 24 will be the mystery man (at least for a few hours until we track it down). Speaking of number changes, it appears that Caleb Chapman (#81) and Dylan Wright (#82) have switched jersey numbers.  

I didn't get to see much of the OL today, so I can't report much. I'll be back out on Sunday (Gabe has Saturday's report), and I'll make it a point to focus on the OL.  

Hop's Top 10 most physically impressive looking players regardless of position or depth chart status. This doesn't reflect their playing ability, just who passed the eyeball test. 

1. Bobby Brown
2. Buddy Johnson
3. Demani Richardon
4. Tyree Johnson
5. Derick Hunter
6. Brian Williams
7. Dylan Wright
8. Derrick Tucker
9. Demarvin Leal
10. Michael Clemons

That's it for day two. Gabe will have report No. 3 tomorrow.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Hop

Staff

AG

It was my first day out at the practice fields to see the 2019 version of the Fightin' Texas Aggie football team. It was hot and muggy during the 20 minute media period, but about 15 minutes after we left, the skies opened up and it rained enough to send the team inside to finish up the practice in shorts and helmets.

Just a 30,000 foot overview before I get into some practice observations. Others have said it and Coach Fisher alluded to this as well in the summer, but this team physically looks like an SEC team at every position. It really is amazing to see the physical transformation of this roster in just two cycles.  

Here was the rough defensive depth chart in the early drills. A word of note here. It's day two and you'll usually see the experienced veterans get the benefit of the doubt at this early stage while they are going through drills. There's a lot of mixing-and-matching, and switching in and out depending on the rep, so it's way too early to say "where are the freshmen. Y'all advertised this class to be good, so why can't any of them crack the two-deep?" Let's wait a week or two before we start asking those questions. This is a rough work-in-progress and they haven't even put on the pads for the pecking order to emerge. With that said, here's how it looked today on defense.

1st Unit Defense

LB - Hines, Johnson
CB - Renfro, Jones

2nd Unit Defense

CB - Oliver, Young

3rd Unit Defense

LB - Hansford, Okeke
CB - Reynolds, Fuller

On offense, they did not run any 11-air drills, but based on position drills I can say that at tight end, Glenn Beal was running with the 1st group followed by Jalen Wydermyer, walk-on Tyler Scoggin, and Baylor Cupp. Last season, Beal was a better blocker than receiver. It was an area he really needed to work on and improve in this offseason, and based on the few drills I saw, he's worked hard at his receiving skills with success. He made a nice grab on an over-the-shoulder catch and he followed that up with a finger tip grab on an out-route near the sideline. Wydermeyer certainly looks the part, and moved well in his routes. He has good hands, but as you see with most young TE's, the coaches were really focusing on him using his extended hands to catch the ball as opposed to letting the ball come in and catch with the body. That will be corrected in short time. Baylor Cupp has an interesting skill set, but even the mid-termer isn't immune to mistakes of youth. A couple of times coming out of his cut he slowed down to located the QB and the ball which is natural...but the QB and coaches expect these guys to run the route without hesitation because timing is such an important factor. That message was clearly and loudly delivered to the young TE.

It's no secret, but Bobby Brown is a massive human being...but I wouldn't say he's too big or soft at all. He's just a big guy. Athletically, I really like Jayden Peevy. He's smooth and has the mass you need for an SEC DT. He also has longer than usual arms for an interior DL which is an asset.  Derick Hunter isn't far behind Brown on the massive scale. He looks the part running with the second unit.

It's clear that there is now depth in terms of size and athleticism at the safety spot. Think about what Leon O'Neal did in the bowl game, and he's in a big competition for the starting spot with Kelvin Carper who was running with the first unit along with Derrick Tucker. Tucker looks like he's added some nice weight to his frame and looks appreciably thicker than 2018. Add in the impressive looking safety duo of Demani Richardson and Brian Williams, and this competition will be fun to watch this fall.

Interesting to see Erick Young running with the second unit at cornerback ahead of a couple of veterans already. A lot of people felt that at his weight he was going to end up at safety, but he's got the footwork and quickness of a corner and that's where he's at for the Aggies. I did not see Elijah Blades today. I'm not sure if he was out, or I just missed him.

My goodness, there's nobody that is as rock hard and physically impressive as Buddy Johnson. His body fat total has to be minuscule. He looked quick and projected that air of "leader" of the LB group.  Anthony Hines appears to be the other top linebacker with the first unit at this early stage, but I can tell you there will be some of these young guys putting pressure on Hines throughout camp.  Andre White looks the part. I'm also trying to track down a number change. There was a large, athletic LB that moved quite well in drills wearing No. 24..and there is no No. 24 at LB on the roster. I suspect it may be Keshun Brown, but until I can confirm he's changed jersey numbers, No. 24 will be the mystery man (at least for a few hours until we track it down). Speaking of number changes, it appears that Caleb Chapman (#81) and Dylan Wright (#82) have switched jersey numbers.  

I didn't get to see much of the OL today, so I can't report much. I'll be back out on Sunday (Gabe has Saturday's report), and I'll make it a point to focus on the OL.  

Hop's Top 10 most physically impressive looking players regardless of position or depth chart status. This doesn't reflect their playing ability, just who passed the eyeball test. 

1. Bobby Brown
2. Buddy Johnson
3. Demani Richardon
4. Tyree Johnson
5. Derick Hunter
6. Brian Williams
7. Dylan Wright
8. Derrick Tucker
9. Demarvin Leal
10. Michael Clemons

He spends most of the article describing how they look physically. Not how the actually played.

"My goodness, there's nobody that is as rock hard and physically impressive as Buddy Johnson."... wtf?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

1. Bobby Brown
2. Buddy Johnson
3. Demani Richardon
4. Tyree Johnson
5. Derick Hunter
6. Brian Williams
7. Dylan Wright
8. Derrick Tucker
9. Demarvin Leal
10. Michael Clemons

Almost half those guys mentioned are true freshman. So, what I gather is the aggy s&c team hasn't ruined them yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hop

Staff

AG

1st Unit Defense

LB - Hines, Johnson
CB - Renfro, Jones

2nd Unit Defense

CB - Oliver, Young

3rd Unit Defense

LB - Hansford, Okeke
CB - Reynolds, Fuller

1. Bobby Brown
2. Buddy Johnson
3. Demani Richardon
4. Tyree Johnson
5. Derick Hunter
6. Brian Williams
7. Dylan Wright
8. Derrick Tucker
9. Demarvin Leal
10. Michael Clemons

Poor Leon. The guy he's behind is so irrelevant that texaggy can't even get his name correct

https://247sports.com/player/keldrick-carper-78040/

Edited by jebusshuttlecock

14 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Never forget.

Have we ever seen a player that encapsulates aggyness more than slo’neal?  The guy cannot beat out the JAGs on the first team on a shitty defense yet proclaims himself the best safety in the future draft.  Just like aggy likes to put fake championship banners on their stadium, slo’neal already has an NFL tattoo.  It’s going to be hilarious when he goes undrafted and Foster, Sterns, Overshown all get drafted ahead of him.

Edited by victory88

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Have we ever seen a player that encapsulates aggyness more than slo’neal?  The guy cannot beat out the JAGs on the first team on a shitty defense yet proclaims himself the best safety in the future draft.  Just like aggy likes to put fake championship banners on their stadium, slo’neal already has an NFL tattoo.  It’s going to be hilarious when he goes undrafted and Foster, Sterns, Overshown all get drafted ahead of him.

I am quite certain Javian Hester in the 2021 class could break Slo'Neal's ankles.

This fucking guy really is their Mack Brown, he can fucking talk. Every answer is hedged but he talks so fast and in circles that the audience just takes what they want to hear and allows them to paint him as what they are selling. When it goes bad, Jimbo won't change but they'll hear the wv hillbilly  & same hedging to roast him out of town.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

If Leon has a better sophomore season than Darryl Lewis, I'll be surprised. Hell, if he has as good a sophomore season as redshirt freshman Ephraim Kitchen (who was injured his sophomore year), I'll be surprised. He would not start at La Tech, either way. He is just not that good.

18 hours ago, Fud said:

They never mention how LSU was missing about six starters when they were given the game against them 

This.  Along with a record 90+ offensive pass plays run by the age without a single, solitary holing call with their subpar OL against LSUs DL.  Coincidence I’m sure.  Or every call in regulation and OT going their way.   

If you can’t get a team to organically loath those turds.  You “create” one.  

8 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

If Leon has a better sophomore season than Darryl Lewis, I'll be surprised. Hell, if he has as good a sophomore season as redshirt freshman Ephraim Kitchen (who was injured his sophomore year), I'll be surprised. He would not start at La Tech, either way. He is just not that good.

I mean he was a high 4 star recruit with occasionally commitable offers from UT and Clemson. He's not awful.

• Like 2