Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Our generic post-visit quotes are better than your generic post-visit quotes, stupid sip!

EAcHthiXkAErDnP?format=png&name=small

Shit! We better start trying to build to win a national championship and start telling recruits that. I'm glad they let their secret out of the bag!

7 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Now we wait for the excuses.

"Making the top three for a ULab bluechip, and even briefly taking the lead in his recruitment after an amazing official visit in Aggieland, shows the frankly unprecedented inroads Jimbo Fisher is making in the SEC's toughest recruiting strongholds. Voices in Austin may say that coming in third doesn't mean much, but the results on the field will show the truth of his success - perhaps not next year, but without question in 2020 and beyond."

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"Sources tell us that Roy's favorite position group coach of the three teams was aggy DT coach Elijah Robinson and if the choice was completely up to him, then Jimbo would have secured a top notch DT that no doubt would be the #1 DL in the state of Texas and a top 5 player on the Texags 44.  We have also heard that the 7 OT win against LSU was a real eye opener for Roy that vaulted the aggy's into Roy's #1 choice.  Pressure from family and friends was just to much for Roy to pass up on the hometown Tigers."

Beautiful 

3 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

They will go through the 5 stages of grief, mourning our win. They will get stuck on phase 1 of grieving the obvious implication.

After brief grief, then they will cheerfully puff up those bird chests, talk shit, make excuses, start the Heisman talk, get the coaster rolling to the apex and ready for the free fall after their Miss State loss.  Same shit new season.  

23 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"Sources tell us that Roy's favorite position group coach of the three teams was aggy DT coach Elijah Robinson and if the choice was completely up to him, then Jimbo would have secured a top notch DT that no doubt would be the #1 DL in the state of Texas and a top 5 player on the Texags 44.  We have also heard that the 7 OT win against LSU was a real eye opener for Roy that vaulted the aggy's into Roy's #1 choice.  Pressure from family and friends was just to much for Roy to pass up on the hometown Tigers."

A true virtuoso. 

10 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Every time Hamm or Price make a feeble attempt at "barbecue," I donate $50 to PETA. No animal should have to go through that kind of torture. No animal deserves that.

And I love barbecue. Gotdamn. Even Muschamp calls this guy out.

This felt like it needed to be archived for archeological and scientific purposes.

I give you: https://aggybbq.com/ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Left out: "The Aggies were a close second which means they won head to head with Alabama."

Edited by RomaVicta

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

"Making the top three for a ULab bluechip, and even briefly taking the lead in his recruitment after an amazing official visit in Aggieland, shows the frankly unprecedented inroads Jimbo Fisher is making in the SEC's toughest recruiting strongholds. Voices in Austin may say that coming in third doesn't mean much, but the results on the field will show the truth of his success - perhaps not next year, but without question in 2020 and beyond."

That was beautiful.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

And company. It's always "Jimbo Fisher and company". Other than that, it's spot on. 

From what I’ve read and seen, correct me if I’m wrong, Alford has very good ball skills.  He’s just limited athletically.  Seems like the staff has made it a point to recruit players with speed to keep up with the potent offenses.  We don’t seem to be pushing for him what so ever.  I think he’s a good prospect, but Herman and company have a specific build and attributes they look for in each position.  They seem confident they can coach the mental part and develop them.  I can see why they are willing to pass on him or have him lower on the board.  From the camp reviews, Alford can definitely play.

30 minutes ago, victory88 said:

From what I’ve read and seen, correct me if I’m wrong, Alford has very good ball skills.  He’s just limited athletically.  Seems like the staff has made it a point to recruit players with speed to keep up with the potent offenses.  We don’t seem to be pushing for him what so ever.  I think he’s a good prospect, but Herman and company have a specific build and attributes they look for in each position.  They seem confident they can coach the mental part and develop them.  I can see why they are willing to pass on him or have him lower on the board.  From the camp reviews, Alford can definitely play.

He’s a good prospect, but I don’t think he has the size/physicality to be a plus at Nickel or Joker IMO (with his speed, he needs to be BJ Foster level near the LOS to be worth it). 

And he’s also not super exciting as a deep safety. Basically, he seems to project as decent at multiple positions but not great at one. Who knows? If he gets a lot bigger/stronger or finds just the right position he could be really good.

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

EAbP7rkX4AENQY4?format=jpg&name=360x360

Sody with the grown up version of "I know you are but what am I?"

Sure, we always get some good players, just like aggy   Unfortunately we will never be able to put all the components together to make a run, and we just don't have the storied history of football success on par with aggy   

Is there a more delusional fanbase, in any sport, anywhere in the world?  It obviously extends further than football to include their school, the shitty town, BBQ expectations, recruiting prowess, their overall net worth, their coaching staff, and their status amongst national elite programs   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

What is their class size projected at? Will they even be top 10 with all these 3*?

They should be. They are one of the few top teams with more 3 stars than 4 stars. Miami and Michigan round our that club. With Demond Demas, Haynes King, and Jaylon Jones, they should be able to end top 10.