Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Aggy never ceases to provide entertainment with their cult-driven commentary.  LOL at prosperdick for thinking we give a shit about their "event".  Maybe they'll get a few more 3-stars.  And they are now celebrating a *visit* from Evans.  Because that's cause for celebration.  Enjoy the butter soup.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

They should be. They are one of the few top teams with more 3 stars than 4 stars. Miami and Michigan round our that club. With Demond Demas, Haynes King, and Jaylon Jones, they should be able to end top 10. 

I doubt they actually finish top 10 unless they have an unusually large class or finish very strong.  They should pass Miami and may pass Michigan.  But both Texas and OU are pretty much guaranteed to pass aggy.  Florida, FSU and Auburn are in good shape to do the same.  Then there's a group of teams with somewhat lower averages that often get elite players historically.  The group of dark horses would include Washington, Oregon, Tennessee, Stanford and Pedo State.

I expect aggy to finish above their historic normal top 15-20 range but not by much.  After the new coach hype bump, they are reverting to the norm pretty fast.

55 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Aggy never ceases to provide entertainment with their cult-driven commentary.  LOL at prosperdick for thinking we give a shit about their "event".  Maybe they'll get a few more 3-stars.  And they are now celebrating a *visit* from Evans.  Because that's cause for celebration.  Enjoy the butter soup.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

EJ's Stanford or Florida bound, but ya know, keep banging your head against that wall and see if this time it breaks:

EAgcfVtWsAETNOX?format=jpg&name=medium

Damn, it took over 80 years for Clemson to reach greatness?

A lot of these texaggy  posts have to be surly trolls

Edited by Bevo14

15 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

So, he’s saying there’s still an Aggy alive who knows what winning a championship is like?  Must be one old mofo ...

Here's the rub, if there were an aggy alive from that era, he would be as surprised as anyone that they were national champs since they didn't claim it until 50 years later. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Here's the rub, if there were an aggy alive from that era, he would be as surprised as anyone that they were national champs since they didn't claim it until 50 years later. 

And if IIRC, another team with the same record claimed it too.

Edited by Wishbone

VIP Intel: Lots of news from A&M's pool party/BBQ
VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 25 minutes ago
8 Comments

Texas A&M hosted a ton of four- and five-star prospects on Friday with a few of them still being in town. We have put updates out on the board but to consolidate them all in one place and add in a few more thoughts, here are the biggest recruiting stories from the event.

-The biggest name in attendance was North Shore five-star running back Zachary Evans, who had not originally planned to attend. This is the second time he has made it to campus since leaving the Aggies out of his top five, so it is obvious that A&M is a very real contender. He made the trip with teammate and Alabama offensive line commit Damieon George.

Evans is still likely to wait until after the season to make a decision but there are a lot of people, and not just those with ties to A&M, that think there's a very real chance he ends up an Aggie. This one could down to distance as he really likes a number of schools, but A&M is the closest to home. Alabama, Georgia - which has him in town on Saturday - and LSU - which hosted Evans on Thursday - are making things interesting with the Tide seeming to have the best shot of the group. However, he likes the A&M offense, is close with the other commits and has some people wanting him close, giving the Aggies a very good shot at landing the nation's top back.

-In other North Shore news, the Aggies are likely to break the drought at the school very soon. Class of 2021 four-star receiver Shadrach Banks was in town Friday and is still set to announce this coming Thursday. Despite visits to LSU Thursday and Baylor early Friday afternoon and upcoming trips to Alabama and Georgia early this coming week, A&M is still his likely choice. He grew up liking the Aggies and, when A&M was one of the first schools to offer, it put them out front and they have remained there.

Now the other big question mark surrounding North Shore prospects is whether the Aggies will decide to take a second quarterback in the 2021 class and whether it will be Dematrius Davis. The four-star dual-threat has long maintained he would be fine competing in the same class as Eli Stowers. If the Aggies decide to go on him, there's a good chance he could end things soon as well in favor of A&M. One person has said that if both Banks and Davis end up committing to A&M, that could be the final piece that helps seal Evans as well.

-Aldine MacArthur four-star cornerback Joshua Eaton is set to announce on Tue., Aug. 6 and it still looks like it will be for the Aggies. He has tweeted a few things about Texas on Saturday afternoon but A&M is still the frontrunner heading into the announcement. Other players in the class are almost considering him a commit at this point. I have never believed in silents, so I will give the caveat that anything can happen, but I think he will be the third four-star cornerback pledge in the class.

-A number of players are still in town. Memphis (Tenn.) Central national top-100 offensive line Chris Morris is there until Sunday. He could potentially make a decision this weekend but, even if not, the Aggies are in good shape. Four-star Tennessee class of 2021 linebacker Junior Colson is there through Sunday as well. He is not going to make a decision quite this early, but he has a lot of ties to A&M and the Aggies have a very good shot with him.

Manor four-star defensive end Princely Umanmielen spent the night on Friday and hung out with many of the current players. I still feel good about my Crystal Ball pick with him, though he does not plan to announce until mid-October. Four-star Mississippi defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson stayed the night and we are supposed to talk to him soon.

-The Miami trio of defensive end Donell Harris, 2021 linebacker Terrence Lewis and 2021 cornerback Rance Conner all were in town from Thursday to Saturday afternoon. They are on their way back to Florida now.

Some thought Harris could pull the trigger during the trip but that did not happen as he kept to his word of wanting to decide after taking some trips. However, there is a lot of optimism at A&M as well as with the Aggie commits after this weekend.

-One of the biggest prizes in the class of 2021 is Katy Tompkins defensive end Tunmise Adeleye. While his quarterback and very close friend Jalen Milroe committed to Texas, Adeleye did not follow suit. He is still considering the Longhorns for sure and Milroe will be in his ear a lot, but the national top-100 defender is still very much open to other schools.

The Aggies were his first offer and he really likes the defense A&M runs. He also is close to a number of current players and commits. A&M is actually in a lot better shape there than most people think.

Alabama is also in good shape and, as I said on Friday night, Ohio State could make things interesting as well.

-A&M is going to have to figure out its board for defensive ends in the class of 2021 and then figure out where it stands with each of them.

The Aggies are in good shape with Adeleye as well as the Texarkana duo of Landon Jackson and Marcus Burris. Ja'Tavion Sanders, Dametrious Crownover and Jordon Thomas were interested enough to return to campus for the second time this summer as well.

With all of that in-state talent plus some out-of-state guys that are likely to look the Aggies’ way, they are going to be watch Loganville (Ga.) Grayson defensive end Noah Collins very closely early in the season. The 6-foot-5, 205-pound rising junior was behind multiple DI prospects a year ago, so doesn’t have a ton of film, but the Aggies liked him this spring.

Collins wants to make an early decision and, if he does so, there’s a good chance it would be for A&M. I imagine that the Aggie staff probably wants to see a few games, but that is just speculation on my part. Going forward, he is definitely one to watch, though.

COMMENTS
-A pair of new offers went out on Friday to Dallas Kimball 2021 four-star cornerback Ishmael Ibraheem and Lubbock Cooper 2022 linebacker Kobie McKinzie, a very early Texas Tech commit. Ibraheem is not close to making a decision but likes what he saw in Aggieland. McKinzie was the first player in the class to commit anywhere when he pledged to the in-town Red Raiders. However, his trip to A&M on Friday and Oklahoma on Saturday shows he's still open this early. When I was in Lubbock this spring, the talk was that it was going to harder to pry him from Tech than most probably think, but he will have every school in the country taking their shot eventually.

-We are still working to get with Tennessee safety commit Antonio Johnson from Illinois. The Aggies were after him very hard before he made his commitment to the Vols and would love to have him in the fold. We are also still working on Fort Bend Marshall four-star running back Devon Achane, who does not like to do interviews. However, he has been to A&M far more than anywhere else and likes that the Aggies want him as a running back and not as a slot

17 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

A&M is going to have to figure out its board for defensive ends in the class of 2021 and then figure out where it stands with each of them.

The Aggies are in good shape with Adeleye as well as the Texarkana duo of Landon Jackson and Marcus Burris. Ja'Tavion Sanders, Dametrious Crownover and Jordon Thomas were interested enough to return to campus for the second time this summer as well.

With all of that in-state talent plus some out-of-state guys that are likely to look the Aggies’ way, they are going to be watch Loganville (Ga.) Grayson defensive end Noah Collins very closely early in the season. The 6-foot-5, 205-pound rising junior was behind multiple DI prospects a year ago, so doesn’t have a ton of film, but the Aggies liked him this spring.

Collins wants to make an early decision and, if he does so, there’s a good chance it would be for A&M. I imagine that the Aggie staff probably wants to see a few games, but that is just speculation on my part. Going forward, he is definitely one to watch, though.

I love this paragraph so much. He says Aggy is in great shape with top in state DEs and says the DE class is deep in Texas in 21. Then says but Aggy might get a commit from some no name 3 star in Georgia. 

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I love this paragraph so much. He says Aggy is in great shape with top in state DEs and says the DE class is deep in Texas in 21. Then says but Aggy might get a commit from some no name 3 star in Georgia. 

They wrote the same things about 2020 DL class, except the depth of it. They were getting Broughton, Collins, and Umanmielen. Of course, then they went out and signed a bunch of 3 stars from New Jersey and Tennessee.

It will be interesting to see if they do get the kid from Florida, if they would move on from Umanmielen.

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

A&M still have a spot for this guy? They're running out of spots and stacking a bunch of 3 stars. At some point you would think they would get more selective. Maybe they're taking over 25. 

He wants to play offense, so he's choosing Baylor.

14 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A&M still have a spot for this guy? They're running out of spots and stacking a bunch of 3 stars. At some point you would think they would get more selective. Maybe they're taking over 25. 

I'm anxiously anticipating the upcoming attrition to make room for a 25+ class.

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm anxiously anticipating the upcoming attrition to make room for a 25+ class.

Still have a bit to wait for the full effects of Price's barbeque to hit.

Incubation for campylobacteriosis is 2-5 days; intestinal cryptosporidiosis can be 2-10 days; hemorrhagic colitis or E. coli O157:H7 infection can take 1-8 days; salmonellosis can take 6-48 hours; and of course, there are untold dozens of potential other diseases out there based on mishandled samples in aggy labs a few blocks away from the festivities that we have no idea how long take to incubate.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

EJ's Stanford or Florida bound, but ya know, keep banging your head against that wall and see if this time it breaks:

EAgcfVtWsAETNOX?format=jpg&name=medium

I heard Emmitt & EJ were lost in CStat & the most friendly people he'd ever met personally ushered him to the BBQ.   He stated it's the most hospitable environment he'd ever experienced as everybody stopped him to make sure he was having a great time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2