Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

46 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Been saying this on the prem threads our passing game is horrendous at away games. Lets hope they figure this out next year for a more realistic chance at a natty

Yes, it's the location of the games not that the home games were Texas State and Lamar and the away game was Clemson.

Bev006_2_.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/13/2019 at 4:52 PM, williemackgarza said:

No mt rushmore, but they did send out that weak ass edit showing:
Best qb in Texas joke of a 5* playin like ass my dude.
Best wr in Texas 5* ruled ineligible not playin this season and
Best rb in Texas 5* they act like is theirs, has been kicked off his team for fighting with teammates and cussing coaches
but aggy be like- dont care got Jimbo!
What could go wrong

Whoa, didn't know about getting kicked off the team part..links? Info?

Donnell Harris, the Miami area DE that reclassified to 2020,  post-LSU visit update via Shea Dixon (LSU) and Fong :: 

Dixon

Here's my two cents from talking to Harris and sources on the LSU side. This one went about as good as it could have. They got to spend a lot of time with Harris and his parents and they really enjoyed the vibe on campus and what all the LSU side can offer. The Tigers locked up an official visit and at this point he's not even sure which others he will make, or if the TAMU visit on Oct. 11 will stick.

Steve will weigh in with some more tidbits, but I think LSU surged into the lead here. 

Fong

Harris told me this was his best visit yet. I'm really starting to like LSU but we'll see how the dust settles. Obviously Aggies had momentum here too. One time Miami commit as well so this recruitment has had some changes.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

no, this is like how the French get all puckered when an American mangles their language

I approve of this analogy.  aggys shouldn't be trying to speak French because they know absolutely nothing of the language, culture or geography of the European continent.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Any notable visitors for the Auburn game?

Brian Perroni avatar
Brian PerroniSTAFF
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 194 months ago, User Post Count: 80,49

This is only a small sampling, but I just wanted to put this out there to show just how many big-time prospects would be there this weekend. We have gotten with all these who've said they'd be there. In addition, many of the commits will be there as well.

-2020 5-star Marietta (Ga.) TE Arik Gilbert (official)
-2020 North Shore LB Matthew Roberts

-2021 5-star Katy Tompkins DE Tunmise Adeleye
-2021 4-star Katy Taylor OG Bryce Foster
-2021 4-star North Shore QB Dematrius Davis
-2021 4-star North Shore OL Jaeden Roberts
-2021 4-star Denton Guyer WR/CB KJ Liggins
-2021 4-star Fort Collins (Col.) Fossil Ridge OT Trey Zuhn
-2021 4-star Richmond Foster OT Reuben Fatheree
-2021 Houston Episcopal OT Cullen Montgomery
-2021 4-star DeSoto DE Shemar Turner (maybe)

-2022 4-star Lewisville WR Armani Winfield
-2022 North Shore CB Denver Harris
-2022 Port Arthur Memorial CB Jaylon Guilbeau
-2022 Southlake Carroll QB Quinn Ewers (likely)

9 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Yep, also means they'll need to double down on Princely.  And no, there's not a counter sales pitch after the original pitch because the recruit knows what both schools offer.  Now it's just about how much. 

Thank you. They can reinforce value, but your pitch is done. No new points to be made here

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:
Brian Perroni avatar
Brian PerroniSTAFF
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 194 months ago, User Post Count: 80,49

This is only a small sampling, but I just wanted to put this out there to show just how many big-time prospects would be there this weekend. We have gotten with all these who've said they'd be there. In addition, many of the commits will be there as well.

-2020 5-star Marietta (Ga.) TE Arik Gilbert (official)
-2020 North Shore LB Matthew Roberts

-2021 5-star Katy Tompkins DE Tunmise Adeleye
-2021 4-star Katy Taylor OG Bryce Foster
-2021 4-star North Shore QB Dematrius Davis
-2021 4-star North Shore OL Jaeden Roberts
-2021 4-star Denton Guyer WR/CB KJ Liggins
-2021 4-star Fort Collins (Col.) Fossil Ridge OT Trey Zuhn
-2021 4-star Richmond Foster OT Reuben Fatheree
-2021 Houston Episcopal OT Cullen Montgomery
-2021 4-star DeSoto DE Shemar Turner (maybe)

-2022 4-star Lewisville WR Armani Winfield
-2022 North Shore CB Denver Harris
-2022 Port Arthur Memorial CB Jaylon Guilbeau
-2022 Southlake Carroll QB Quinn Ewers (likely)

Me when I’m thinking about this list while watching Auburn destroy aggy hopes and dreams.....spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Me when I’m thinking about this list while watching Auburn destroy aggy hopes and dreams.....spacer.png

Auburn is not that good. They are bringing a true freshman QB and very weak players at the skill position into College Station. I am not getting any hopes up that Aggy is losing to Auburn. 

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Deneric Prince is in the transfer portal. Guess he finally figured out that Aggy took half his team just to get Jalen Preston... 

They need the attrition and he couldn't even start for Manvel as a senior. Makes sense.

Just for funsies: https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Deneric-Prince-discusses-his-commitment-to-Texas-AM-53102743/

Clarence McKinney had a plan when it came to recruiting running backs this cycle. While Keaontay Ingram was the top target on the board, the Aggie assistant never stopped building a relationship with Prince during the evaluation process. That ultimately paid off.

“He’s a great coach and he taught me a lot of technique and body language stuff at the camp,” he said. “It was amazing.”

Although Prince wasn’t the ‘feature back’ for the Mavericks this past season, he was still the team’s leading rusher and scored the most touchdowns at his position. This upcoming season, he has lofty goals for himself.

“I’m ready for it and hopefully I can break some records,” he said. “I don’t know what the school record is but when I find out that will be my goal.”

Edited by texifornia

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Auburn is not that good. They are bringing a true freshman QB and very weak players at the skill position into College Station. I am not getting any hopes up that Aggy is losing to Auburn. 

Aggy isn't that good and has a garbage OL going up against the strength of Auburn the DL.  Plus they have Mond at QB.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy isn't that good and has a garbage OL going up against the strength of Auburn the DL.  Plus they have Mond at QB.

Nix is currently at 52% as a passer. Conventional wisdom says "this is his first big test, on the road" -- I say conventional wisdom takes a flying leap, and his completion percentage goes up significantly this week.