Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

lulz. You know King sucks when aggy is willing to admit their 5 star QB looks bad.  He better drop hard in the rankings. Having him as a 5 star right now is absurd. I've never seen a 5 star with such an ugly throwing motion combined with terrible decision making. On that almost pick, he must've dropped 20 yards past the LOS, had happy feet as defenders got near him and tossed one of the ugliest ducks I've ever seen.

The kid seriously looks like a taller Case McCoy.

4 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

2020 is not at all level headed. He's all over the cfb internet and is as aggy as they come. He only seems level headed right now because they're sucking in recruiting and he's willing to say it. 

Does that not make him more levelheaded than the Trust In Jimbo crowd?

I mean, it's a very low bar to clear to be one of aggy's "more level headed posters." 

It still baffles me at how King could be ESPN’s #1 QB. I’d never watched him play before today, but holy shit. Nervous in the pocket, dropping back 20 yards at the sign of a rush, one of the slowest releases I’ve ever seen, can’t seem to throw a spiral consistency, terrible decision making, and he’s just lobbing up prayers against an inferior opponent.  He can run some, but he’ll get murdered with that skinny frame. I now understand why more big time programs weren’t after him. Don’t understand the rating services, though.

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It still baffles me at how King could be ESPN’s #1 QB. I’d never watched him play before today, but holy shit. Nervous in the pocket, dropping back 20 yards at the sign of a rush, one of the slowest releases I’ve ever seen, can’t seem to throw a spiral consistency, terrible decision making, and he’s just lobbing up prayers against an inferior opponent.  He can run some, but he’ll get murdered with that skinny frame. I now understand why more big time programs weren’t after him. Don’t understand the rating services, though.

Camps > games for some.  Unless they're building cubes, aggy is really bad with potential too.  

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Sounds like the perfect aggy recruit. Who cares if you win any meaningful games as long as you can slow it down enough to not get blown out on the scoreboard and stay close enough to tu in the recruiting rankings to cry conspiracy every February all year round? It's not about achieving notable results; it's all about manufacturing hype and maintaining the false illusion of hope. I mean, if this doesn't scream aggy salvation, I don't know what does.

5d2f7ded9b0eb.image.jpg?resize=1200,751

The aggie script isn't going to change.

By June, they will have Mond as a Heisman front runner.

They'll destroy some Lamar like team in the beginning of the season and they will be blowing him.

By the time play any decent competition and Mond actually plays like Mond does against decent competition, they will call for his head and trot King out a year before he is actually ready and he will get destroyed and they will turn on him too and start the process over with the guy they have committed at this tie next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

He was a stud in the state championship game last year.  Looked like a completely different player last night.

As I have been saying, King is a “good” player, but he’s no 5 star. Last year, they out-athleted everyone and he just had to distribute the ball. It’s not hard throwing to wide open receivers. He just doesn’t have the same talent advantage this year.

The kid is a game manager and nothing more. He fits what Jimbo wants to do. He is NOT the best QB prospect in the country by any stretch of the imagination. Generally, he reminds me of Shane Buechele, but he was bad last night. Once again, the $9.95ers show themselves to be a bunch of non-thinking sheep. He made them look stupid last night. 

46 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

As I have been saying, King is a “good” player, but he’s no 5 star. Last year, they out-athleted everyone and he just had to distribute the ball. It’s not hard throwing to wide open receivers. He just doesn’t have the same talent advantage this year.

The kid is a game manager and nothing more. He fits what Jimbo wants to do. He is NOT the best QB prospect in the country by any stretch of the imagination. Generally, he reminds me of Shane Buechele, but he was bad last night. Once again, the $9.95ers show themselves to be a bunch of non-thinking sheep. He made them look stupid last night. 

He's actually the first game manager Jimbo has taken at QB in several years. The rest have been big armed high upside guys who weren't accurate or good at reading defenses. 

Stylistically he might be similar to Shane, but he's more athletic and has a bigger arm. I'm fine with him being considered a top 100 type, but he's definitely not a 5*. 

His arm didn’t look very good to me last night. At least not consistently. There was a huge difference when he didn’t have receivers streaking uncovered like he did all last year. I do think he pressed last night and made some uncharacteristicly poor decisions- probably because he was playing on ESPN. 

And man JT was terrible!

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's actually the first game manager Jimbo has taken at QB in several years. The rest have been big armed high upside guys who weren't accurate or good at reading defenses. 

Stylistically he might be similar to Shane, but he's more athletic and has a bigger arm. I'm fine with him being considered a top 100 type, but he's definitely not a 5*. 

Idk if he’s been way worse this year or what, but he looked like absolute shit against an inferior opponent last night and he threw a couple picks against Lufkin too. From what I’ve seen, even top 100 is pretty overrated, but his junior film must be better.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Idk if he’s been way worse this year or what, but he looked like absolute shit against an inferior opponent last night and he threw a couple picks against Lufkin too. From what I’ve seen, even top 100 is pretty overrated, but his junior film must be better.

He looked great in his junior hudl and the two playoff games I caught him in, and last night was the first I've seen of him since. Maybe the two games are flukes, or maybe his prospects are descending after getting hyped up. We'll see. 

Regarding the "no elite schools wanted him" point isn't that significant to me. Texas, Bama, and LSU passed on him, but he still had Malzan, Aggy Chad, Jimbo, Cutcliff, and Jim Chaney after him. To me, that reads like a guy who isn't a 5* because some local powers didn't want him, but some great offensive minds still pursued him hard. 

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

By the time play any decent competition and Mond actually plays like Mond does against decent competition, they will call for his head and trot King out a year before he is actually ready and he will get destroyed and they will turn on him too and start the process over with the guy they have committed at this tie next year.

Throwing the long-time senior starting qb under the bus to anoint the new underclassman savior is one of my favorite aggy traditions.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

He looked great in his junior hudl and the two playoff games I caught him in, and last night was the first I've seen of him since. Maybe the two games are flukes, or maybe his prospects are descending after getting hyped up. We'll see. 

Regarding the "no elite schools wanted him" point isn't that significant to me. Texas, Bama, and LSU passed on him, but he still had Malzan, Aggy Chad, Jimbo, Cutcliff, and Jim Chaney after him. To me, that reads like a guy who isn't a 5* because some local powers didn't want him, but some great offensive minds still pursued him hard. 

Agreed. I was really hoping he would take another big armed, peanut brain qb. Haynes is not a 5 star qb but he will be good in the cuck's archaic offense.

13 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

lulz. You know King sucks when aggy is willing to admit their 5 star QB looks bad.  He better drop hard in the rankings. Having him as a 5 star right now is absurd. I've never seen a 5 star with such an ugly throwing motion combined with terrible decision making. On that almost pick, he must've dropped 20 yards past the LOS, had happy feet as defenders got near him and tossed one of the ugliest ducks I've ever seen.

Troof.  I was a little less than half the game and was not impressed in the least.

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I hope we get some good stuff from Looch on the radio today spinning how Mond is clearly better than Ehlinger and King being the top QB in the state and nation, especially over Card and JQJ.

King: 1 state championship 

JQJ and Card combined: 0 state championships

advantage aggy

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

It's a damn good thing King shut it down and committed before his senior season started.

No worries, Trust in Jimbo. King has a high ceiling and Jimbo is the "QB Whisperer". Which means he whispers to them right after he grabs them by the facemask.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Have they included King in the aggie Mt Rushmore of qbu graphic yet?

I do love the QBU graphic with Johnny and the xfers - but I'm partial to this fucking classic that I captured on SECRant  ... "The Maz" -  "The Chief" avatar. The fucking spares at QB that he's pimping. So delicious. 

Farmer-Lulz.png