Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

10 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I don't think Richardson had even passed Deneric Prince on the depth chart. Kibodi has been injured as well, but I assume that he should be the #2 guy - based on the camp depth chart and carries. 

Spiller was the first guy in when Corbin went down at Clemson, so I'm assuming Kibodi is still injured.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Setting up for an Auburn win.  The Auburn DL vs the aggy OL is a mismatch to begin with.  Now they are thin at RB.  Who is betting on Mond to carry them to a win?

We’ll see. I doubt aggy will score many points, but I’m not sure Auburn will either. A&M can limit the run and while Nix had some late heroics in the Oregon game, he was pretty bad up until then and he only went 19-37 for 207 yds, 1 TD against Tulane. 

6 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Wait.  Wasn't aggy making fun of our conditioning program and how it isn't sec good because we only had one scholarship running back?  

Stupid sip, one SEC running back is like 4 dumpster fire conference backs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Spiller was the first guy in when Corbin went down at Clemson, so I'm assuming Kibodi is still injured.

Yeah, and I think Spiller is better than Corbin honestly. I just don't know how much you can put on his shoulders. I'm pretty sure Kibodi is expected back this week to be the #2. The rest of the depth chart is fucking brutal. Maybe Ainias Smith gets some reps? 

Just now, golfclap said:

Yeah, and I think Spiller is better than Corbin honestly. I just don't know how much you can put on his shoulders. I'm pretty sure Kibodi is expected back this week to be the #2. The rest of the depth chart is fucking brutal. Maybe Ainias Smith gets some reps? 

I don't. People are looking at Spiller's production when it's been in garbage time against both Clemson and Texas State. Spiller was completely lost against Clemson. The coaching staff had to coach him from the sideline the entire game to just get him lined up correctly. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Wait.  Wasn't aggy making fun of our conditioning program and how it isn't sec good because we only had one scholarship running back?  

SEC: "Who needs conditioning when you can just have a random player squirm around on the ground for 2-3 minutes after every play?" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Interesting discussion on SECRant and I've noticed this too. They have a lot of talent at WR but they are very inconsistent. I wonder if the offense plays a role in being "lazy"? Who wants to run routes in that pro style offense? 

"Just listened to the hour-long conversation between Looch & Hunter Goodwin. Hunter spent quite a bit of time pointing out examples of lazy-ass or inadequate route running by some of our receivers. He said this a number of times last year, too."

43 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Interesting discussion on SECRant and I've noticed this too. They have a lot of talent at WR but they are very inconsistent. I wonder if the offense plays a role in being "lazy"? Who wants to run routes in that pro style offense? 

"Just listened to the hour-long conversation between Looch & Hunter Goodwin. Hunter spent quite a bit of time pointing out examples of lazy-ass or inadequate route running by some of our receivers. He said this a number of times last year, too."

It probably doesn't help when it's a coin flip whether your QB could get you the ball even if you're open.

57 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

If you took "less than 2" in the O/U question "how many years will it take for aggy players to tune out jimbo?", winner winner chicken dinner.

17 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

We have a good team.  For the teams ahead of us in the top 25, I have no doubt that we would skull fuck Michigan, Auburn, Georgia (again), Florida and Utah.  We will have a close game one against OU.  Notre Dame would be a close win and we would make aggy a laughingstock.  

Aggy is not ahead of us.

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Auburn struggled with Tulane. 

I'll still take Auburn. Their defense is elite (probably even better than Clemson's defense). They held Oregon's offense to 21 points and Oregon has a 1st round QB and 3 or 4 first round offensive lineman. 

aggy will struggle to score in this game. This game has Mond losing it with turnovers all over it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'll still take Auburn. Their defense is elite (probably even better than Clemson's defense). They held Oregon's offense to 21 points and Oregon has a 1st round QB and 3 or 4 first round offensive lineman. 

aggy will struggle to score in this game. This game has Mond losing it with turnovers all over it. 

aggy will beat the crap out of Lamar, but then they will have to play real football against some comparable teams.  aggy is not head and shoulders better than Auburn, Arky, South Carolina, or Mississippi State especially with their starting RB hurt and a gimpy legged QB Mond.  That OL is going to get him hurt by the end of the Auburn  game.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Auburn doesn’t have much on offense. Depends on which Mond shows up

Auburn's offense should get better as their true freshman QB gets reps. Also, arguably their top WR has played limited reps with an injury. If they get Schwartz back at WR by A&M it would really help their offense. 

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He was suited out in the Oregon game with a cast on his hand.

Yeah, but he didn't play much from what  I saw. He should be full go in a couple weeks.

Schwartz is a special athlete. There are some that think he's the fastest player in CFB. 

Edited by texasstrong12

18 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Watching more clips from the Clemson game and A&M is gonna have to go to a lot of 2 TE sets. Pass blocking has already been an issue and Spiller is a huge drop off in pass pro. Mond is going to get killed before this year is over. 

Beal and Wydermeyer are not going to get it done.  They will have to depend on the greatest aggy recruit of all time, Caleb Chapman.

Who could have imagined that a post like this could end up on Texags?

Texas A&M FootballSponsor
Sponsored By
1 of 1

Not here to gloat but to wish you good fortune the rest of the season.

3,340 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by King

CUgrad88

Clemson grad here who was at the game yesterday. Boy was it hot in the stands - kind of typical for what we get on a sunny September day in South Carolina.

Wanted to let y'all know how impressed a lot of Clemson folk are with your attendance at the game. Y'all should be proud that your fan base represents your school so well - both in attendance and in behavior. Every Aggie fan I ran into yesterday was nothing but pure class. I certainly hope that all of you that attended the game were treated well by the Clemson faithful and that we were good hosts.

I really enjoyed seeing the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band! ! Wow! Their halftime show was a real treat for us Clemson fans - your band definitely earned the standing ovation they received.

As far as the game - not much to say that hasn't already been discussed on your board. Mond seemed to be off on a lot of his throws yesterday and that played to Clemson's favor. Trevor Lawrence also missed some throws yesterday but made some big ones when we needed it. Gotta think Lawrence is pressing some from all the expectations that have been heaped on him. It has gotta be tough for 19 year-old kid trying to live up to the exaggerated hype that has been placed on him since last years playoff. Our defense is still getting their sea legs - we still have a lot of work to do - especially at the DT and LB position. Overall, I think both teams will get better as the year goes forward and that these early season match-ups will pay dividends for both teams.

Good luck the rest of the year - especially on November 16th when those lice infested chickens come to visit you at Kyle Field. Please show them no mercy and break the scoreboard on them.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

aggy will beat the crap out of Lamar, but then they will have to play real football against some comparable teams.  aggy is not head and shoulders better than Auburn, Arky, South Carolina, or Mississippi State especially with their starting RB hurt and a gimpy legged QB Mond.  That OL is going to get him hurt by the end of the Auburn  game.  

they won't be intact either. They had quite a few of their guys come off limping in the Clemson game.  It won't get better.  

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Sponsored By
1 of 1

CUgrad88

Clemson grad here who was at the game yesterday. Boy was it hot in the stands - kind of typical for what we get on a sunny September day in South Carolina.

Wanted to let y'all know how impressed a lot of Clemson folk are with your attendance at the game. Y'all should be proud that your fan base represents your school so well - both in attendance and in behavior. Every Aggie fan I ran into yesterday was nothing but pure class. I certainly hope that all of you that attended the game were treated well by the Clemson faithful and that we were good hosts.

I really enjoyed seeing the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band! ! Wow! Their halftime show was a real treat for us Clemson fans - your band definitely earned the standing ovation they received.

As far as the game - not much to say that hasn't already been discussed on your board. Mond seemed to be off on a lot of his throws yesterday and that played to Clemson's favor. Trevor Lawrence also missed some throws yesterday but made some big ones when we needed it. Gotta think Lawrence is pressing some from all the expectations that have been heaped on him. It has gotta be tough for 19 year-old kid trying to live up to the exaggerated hype that has been placed on him since last years playoff. Our defense is still getting their sea legs - we still have a lot of work to do - especially at the DT and LB position. Overall, I think both teams will get better as the year goes forward and that these early season match-ups will pay dividends for both teams.

Good luck the rest of the year - especially on November 16th when those lice infested chickens come to visit you at Kyle Field. Please show them no mercy and break the scoreboard on them.

Such a load of bullshit

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Sponsored By
1 of 1

CUgrad88

We should have a thread where we guess the surly troll that posted this

11 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Watching more clips from the Clemson game and A&M is gonna have to go to a lot of 2 TE sets. Pass blocking has already been an issue and Spiller is a huge drop off in pass pro. Mond is going to get killed before this year is over. 

not if Jimbo continues to employ the run-run-pass-punt, "Don't Get Blowed Out" offense A&M used against Clemson

• Haha 1

The thing that would have been tough about being an A&M fan watching the Clemson game is that Jimbo never even tried to win that game; all he tried to do was keep Clemson from blowing A&M's doors off by chewing clock and taking short yardage plays down the field.

I know Texas lost this past weekend, but contrast the approach in play styles:  Herman going for it on fourth down in the red zone twice, instead of settling for field goals.  Calling the timeout before half to try and get some points before heading into the locker room.  Unfortunately, on Saturday each of those decisions went LSU's way and not Texas'.  But if a single one of them goes Texas' way, Texas probably beats LSU.  That's why Herman is a great big game coach--he's an extremely aggressive situational coach in big games.

Jimbo never even tried to put his team in a position to pull off an upset like that--even after they controlled the ball almost the entire first quarter.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Tony Two K said:

Instead of ROPs Jimbo prefers the RRPP offense. Nice.

oh, not this week, this week they'll be high-flyin' and as Fuckhead Herbstreit would say "MULTIPLE" and "GETTING ATHLETES IN SPACE" and they'll run up 60 points on Lamar. Gotta build up those highlight reels to show the recruits