Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

What's your favorite Foreigner song? 

Damn that's a tough one. I'm going 'I want to know what love is' because I'm not sure I can sing a line that isn't Creed as well as I can belt out "Iiiiiiinnn my liiiiiife.." 

Foreigner: 
1 I want to know what love is

This is definitely Looch's most disturbing answer.  Does he hum this when he's 69ing with Manziel?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Jesus. If they lose to Clemson it doesn’t mean anything to the kids because they aren’t swayed by one game. However, if they beat Clemson, it means everything - because one game suddenly means everything. These propaganda reporters will spin everything.

Also, it Texas loses to LSU, it means everything including that Texas is not back, sip recruits will flip, and SECw = NFC South.  And if LSU loses, that game didn't mean anything because it wasn't SEC or playoffs.

Not sure why I had to spell it out, it's so obvious, stupid sip.

2 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Do you think the national media is beginning to swing a bit more Ag friendly? If so, does that really help with branding and recruiting?

I think so. For the most part, I do get the feeling that they want to see A&M become a power in the SEC and under Jimbo Fisher. It would be great for everyone outside of Tuscaloosa to see the team from Texas with the national championship head coach who worked under Saban and who spurned both FSU and LSU emerge as the threat to Alabama's throne. To answer your second question, it certainly doesn't hurt but that type of stuff is still only a small part of the equation and big picture.

Yeah... this is one of my favorites. You know when a national power is down like we have been over the last decade-ish, the announcers invariably say something like, "Ya know... college football is just better when Texas is good." Or when Michigan is good. Or when USC is good. Or whatever the struggling blue blood du jour is. Never, in the history of ever, has any announcer said, "College football is just better when Texas A&M is good." 

Also, when exactly did Jimbo spurn LSU? I think I missed that one. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that LSU was looking at him when he was at FSU and they laughed at him when he told them he wanted $7.5 million for 6 years. Is that considered spurning? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Also, when exactly did Jimbo spurn LSU? I think I missed that one. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that LSU was looking at him when he was at FSU and they laughed at him when he told them he wanted $7.5 million for 6 years. Is that considered spurning? 

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_schools/article_6938aa06-f18b-5089-8e5a-04b2f3824a20.html

39 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Isn't it sad though how Ryan McColley-Perez's team is playing the #1 ranked team in the country but he's so eaten up with the small peen he's more worried about what Big Bro is doing?  Imagine being that guy.  Ugh.

Yup that's my takeaway from his message.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I have the feeling that this quote is going to be thrown back in his face after this weekend.  

Jokes on you. Loochy will never realize the aggy coach won't be the one to bring a conference title until after said coach has departed. Meaning, he'll never have to admit their coach isn't thee one. Advantage aggy.

They keep talking up lsu simply because they won the game last year.  They keep running with this narrative like no one else would understand it.  They are true dimwits.

This Ryan McColley Perez guy needs to understand one thing about his bragging about playing lsu.  Our game this Saturday involves Texas.  His involves aggy.  No on gives a shit about aggy.  Get it, aggy dipshit?

• Like 2

I must be functionally retarded because every time I see one of those Loochy columns I look forward to laughing and being appalled at the nonsense of leading aggy thought. But in the very back of my mind there's usually a tiny thought of what if he doesn't sound loony this week? It's like fucking groundhog day. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

They are basing everything on last year, when Clemson was playing a shitty QB the majority of the game. It wasn't long after that performance that he was benched and left. That same QB just lead is new SEC team to a humiliating loss to G5 power "check notes" Wyoming.

They weren't playing their best WR either. Ross had only one snap in that game. They were also splitting carries at RB and Etienne only had 8 carries. 

Clemson's top 3 offensive weapons at the end of the year hardly played against A&M. 

This is why I always laugh at aggy being so excited over almost beating Clemson. You couldn't even beat their B team offense at home. 

Edited by texasstrong12

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably the wrong board for this, but am I crazy for thinking Clemson doesn't cover -17.5? I could see Clemson up 21-24 and Aggy scores a garbage time TD. 

Yes, you're crazy, but you might be right. Clemson is liable to be +2, maybe +3 in turnovers, and if so, aggy will be in serious risk of a four score deficit, which they can pull back to three with their garbage TD.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3055983

Interesting
full article... https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/09/02/tom-herman-texas-lsu-ed-orgeron

Kelly Orgeron returned from dinner with bad news for her husband. LSU had offered its head coaching job to Jimbo Fisher. "Everybody," she told Ed Orgeron, "was talking about it at dinner." This was Wednesday night, a day before LSU played at Texas A&M in what many thought would be Ed Orgeron's final game as coach of the Tigers. The Orgerons and more than 200 othersplayers, administrators, coaching staff, parentsspent that night in the team hotel. It was buzzing with talk of Fisher, a sort of long lost son for the Tigers. Fisher has in the past expressed his affection for LSU, where he served as offensive coordinator for seven years and has twice been seriously in the mix to be the Tigers head coach. He interviewed for the job to replace Nick Saban in 2005 and was the clear choice to potentially replace Miles in 2015.

Earlier in the day, just before the team took flight for College Station, Texas, a Baton Rouge radio host, Charles Hanagriff, had reported on air information that he thought at the time was public knowledge. "I had been told from somebody I trusted that if they would prepare an offer to Jimbo, he was willing to come," says Hanagriff, still a host on that radio station, ESPN 104.5 FM. By the time the team landed in Texas, the rumblings about Fisher had reached a fever pitch, so much so that Orgeron noticed pockets of players and staff members whispering and gesturing to their phones, none brave enough to tell the man in charge the news. Team meetings that night in the hotel were a mess. The swirling rumors were not only that Fisher was coming but that he planned to keep on staff LSU's current receivers coach, Dameyune Craig, one of Fisher's former quarterbacks at Auburn and a guy who now works for Fisher at Texas A&M. "There were guys on our staff talking about this and that and where these guys are going," says Orgeron. "They never said it in front of me, but you can tell it was going on."

Joe Alleva and others are here to set the record straight about Fisher. In 2016, Alleva had one phone call with Fisher's agent, Jimmy Sexton, early in the search process. They never spoke again. In the end, he was not a serious candidate, partly because of his price tag: $7.5 million a year over seven years, committee members say. New Orleans businessman Stephen Perry, a board member who served on that search committee, describes a "fateful moment" during the search when decision-makers agreed not to pursue Fisher. "We loved Jimbo and thought he was a great guy, but we felt like the program at Florida State was in a downward spiral. And what the agent was asking for" Perry says trailing off. Committee members told no one of this decision. In fact, they allowed the Fisher rumors to fester and even sometimes fueled it as a smokescreen to negotiate with their real candidate.

On Wednesday, a day before LSU played Texas A&M, reports from The Shreveport Times and ESPN about an offer to Fisher were wrong, committee members now say. Behind the scenes, school officials were in intense negotiations with Trace Armstrong, the agent of Herman. At some point that week, Alleva and committee members scheduled an interview in Houston for that Saturday morning with the coach. Through deep talks with Armstrong, the school had met Herman's requests, and a contract was readied. "We had numbers worked out with Tom," Alleva says. Some sources claim an offer was extended, and that Herman had verbally agreed. Alleva vehemently disputes that. The price for Herman was $5 million a year, Perry says. "We never had a deal, but we were both very seriously dancing," Alleva says.

That whole article is bullcrap. They are trying to prop up their man and tarnish ours. It is so transparent it is laughable
I don't care what light they paint Jimbo in, I am just thankful to God every day we have Jimbo and LSU doesn't. Can you just imagine whatever coach we would have now if LSU had gotten Jimbo? That would've extended our run of mediocrity another 10 years minimum.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Yes, you're crazy, but you might be right. Clemson is liable to be +2, maybe +3 in turnovers, and if so, aggy will be in serious risk of a four score deficit, which they can pull back to three with their garbage TD.

aggy plays through garbage time when they're behind, at least that's my perception. It's when they get up by about 4 or 5 touchdowns that their quit comes out. 

scepter.0.gif

Edited by Chopper

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably the wrong board for this, but am I crazy for thinking Clemson doesn't cover -17.5? I could see Clemson up 21-24 and Aggy scores a garbage time TD. 

I don't see a lot of value in it. There's the risk of Jimbo slowing down the game to limit overall possessions, and then backdooring at the end. Clemson could blow them out of the water if they're trying to make a statement, but it seems like they don't typically do that in the season. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3055983

That whole article is bullcrap. They are trying to prop up their man and tarnish ours. It is so transparent it is laughable
I don't care what light they paint Jimbo in, I am just thankful to God every day we have Jimbo and LSU doesn't. Can you just imagine whatever coach we would have now if LSU had gotten Jimbo? That would've extended our run of mediocrity another 10 years minimum.

How bad could another 10 years of mediocrity really be when you’re already 80 years in? 

• Like 3