Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

34 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Brent Zwerneman is an idiot and a hack. An aggy alum, he's providing bulletin board material for his school's opponent this week. It's not like he has journalistic integrity either. I remember some years back he was the subject of a televised phone interview on ESPN and was peddling the theory that Charlie Strong's alleged extramarital affair was negatively impacting Texas recruiting.

Ummmm

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Brent Zwerneman is an idiot and a hack. An aggy alum, he's providing bulletin board material for his school's opponent this week. It's not like he has journalistic integrity either. I remember some years back he was the subject of a televised phone interview on ESPN and was peddling the theory that Charlie Strong's alleged extramarital affair was negatively impacting Texas recruiting.

He was on Finebaum a couple of years ago when the whole Aaron Moorhead trashing a recruit via twitter thing happened. He was trying to convince Paul that Moorehead was right for going after Martell on twitter like that. For some reason aggys can never call out other aggys for doing something stupid. It part of their creed. 

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

The best part of the post is that he says aggy was the last great defense we faced.

Crazy how easy the Big 12 was yet Aggie only managed to flounder along the middle almost the entire time they were in it. And now they flounder in the middle of the mighty SEC, SEC, SEC. 

4 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Crazy how easy the Big 12 was yet Aggie only managed to flounder along the middle almost the entire time they were in it. And now they flounder in the middle of the mighty SEC, SEC, SEC. 

You do realize that Texas had most of the Big 12 refs on payroll during the aggy years. It was the only way we could truly keep the sleeping giant down. 

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Princely is dumb, Yancy sucks, blah blah blah

Hide contents

EDf_NMiWwAEGrKk?format=jpg&name=smallEDf_NwXXUAAKcke?format=jpg&name=smallEDf_ORlWsAEolol?format=png&name=360x360

Ignoring that of the four injuries to our five four year scholarship backs one was an aggravation of a preexisting condition from high school, one dude was injury prone before Yancy, and one was a crazy rare injury that happened before he even got to Texas. These dude's ain't bright.

4 hours ago, westexhorn said:

if we win all of our games, theres 0% chance we lose

I'm partially surprised an Aggie would realize that if they won all the games on their schedule they could play for a Championship.  She probably thought they could just print new numbers and put them on the stadium.

28 minutes ago, deech said:

I'm partially surprised an Aggie would realize that if they won all the games on their schedule they could play for a Championship.  She probably thought they could just print new numbers and put them on the stadium.

Pretty sure that is exactly what they do. 

4 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Biggest game evar for your team in 4 days and all youre worried about is a school that’s not even in your conference? 

Ill admit, as a football fan I am more excited about the UT game too

They already know they have no chance of winning that game. There's nothing to discuss.

Edited by Bevo14

I laughed when I saw Jimbo's response to Hocker's prediction.  He sounded scared shitless.  "Hey, Hey now, there's no need for that kind of talk...respect them...be confident but don't open your mouth...please don't beat us by more than 3 TDs despite this, Dabo Kind Sir..."

45 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

They already know they have no chance of winning that game. There's nothing to discuss.

Idk man, it sounds like aggy is building this obvious L into a pretty big letdown. 

When someone you hate makes a mistake, let them.

Edited by Doc Reeves

32 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Ed O is going to intentionally keep the game close rather than blow us out in order to keep top Texas recruits from picking aggy.

Even for aggy, that is some peak level aggy.

E'rry body worried about waking giant Texas A&M's Fightin' Texas Aggies from Texas where e'rry body says, "Howdy, I'm from Texas! Whoop!"

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Serious question:  Which of the following two scenarios would aggy actually prefer.

1.  A&M beats Clemson and UT beats LSU

--or--

2.  Clemson beats A&M and LSU beats UT.

I'm seriously starting to think they'd prefer 2.

1.  Who gives a fuck about aggy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Serious question:  Which of the following two scenarios would aggy actually prefer.

1.  A&M beats Clemson and UT beats LSU

--or--

2.  Clemson beats A&M and LSU beats UT.

I'm seriously starting to think they'd prefer 2.

Despite their bravado, they know nobody outside of the aggy collective expects aggie to win. As long as they don't lose miserably, option 2 is very palatable.