Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

22 minutes ago, derp said:

The dog stomp. Wasn't that what Bevo tried to do to Uga? Cow versus dog has worked out for us well in the past. Here's to hoping the tradition continues.

Ya, but to be fair, tiger versus cow is probably a bad matchup. If LSU wins they will paint stripes on Reveille and start saying Wheauxp!

I feel like I don't mention this often enough, but I would also like to climb through my computer screen and punch each and every one of you in the face repeatedly until one of us either passes out or dies. Let that sink in.

The feeling is not mutual. We all love everything you type. You’re a treat.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'll say this - Calzada has a fucking whip. He reminded me of Ryan Mallett in his limited action. He may not know where the ball is going when he fires it free, but it is going to get there fast. I don't make the Mallett reference favorably. I don't know how you fix accuracy, but I suppose the QB Whisperer will solve it. 

That game was classic fool's gold for the winning team. Texas State looked like a high school team. There's not much to legitimately glean for the aggies after watching it. Hopefully Dorian doesn't ruin what could be a hilarious event next Saturday night in Death Valley.

If you want a comp who has an IQ above 70 and isn’t 6’7, I’d go with Kyle Boller

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Watching 2nd half A&M on the DVR right now 

It’s like their entire offensive line recognizes blitzes and stunts about as well as Vahe 

I expected them to look bad in game 1 but they looked awful. I was very surprised at how shitty the backup DL played, Brown-Max & whoever else was out there in the 3rd looked like they should be playing for TSU.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Any time I see terms like " 'Nuf Said" or "Let that sink in!" or "Period.", I find myself wanting to climb through the screen or across the table and punch that fucking person in their cakehole repeatedly until one of us passes out or dies. The preemptive shutting of the case phrases are usually uttered by clowns in situations in which there is absolutely more to be said.

Chin pubes favorite tactic. 

That and “as I”ve said before”. 

17 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Seem that King is 7-20 passing so far tonight against Lufkin.

I tuned in at the half....they said he's 10 of 22, one pick, no td's.  Score is 10-7 Lobos at the half...Lufkin scored on first play of game 89 yards pass play.  

....to be continued...

Edited by Cairn Horn88

I love these fucking guys. 

sealyaggies

4:58p 

After last night, I reached this opinion, and was going to throw it out there at the end of next week. What the hell, I may as well just throw it out there now.  

Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Texas A&M is going to go into Clemson's stadium next week and beat the defending national champions.

There are a couple of major reasons why I believe we are going to beat them. First, we have a QB who is ready to lead a championship level football team. Mond showed last season that he can rise in big games and in critical moments in big games. Jimbo told us all off season that Mond was continuing to progress. Last night, we saw what Jimbo has been talking about. I like our QB, and I think he is ready to introduce himself to college football as a premier type college football QB.

Second reason we are going to beat Clemson. We have Mike Elko and they do not. I think Brent Venables is a very good football coach. I just think Elko is better. He has now been working with our core of defensive players for about 18 months. It showed in the bowl game and you could just see it on the field last night. Yeah, I know it was TSU, but it is apparent Elko's group is about to take it to another level. I would not trade DC's with anyone in the country. I get the feeling we are going to go into Clemson, and our defense is going to show. up.

Certainly there are some concerns. The OL will have to show improvement from week 1 in order for us to win. If we can rush for 125 yards, and if Mond gets sacked 2 times or less, I think that will be sufficient for our offense to be effective. I expect Mond to have success throwing the ball against Clemson if he is not running for his life all game.

I have been sunshine pumping all off season that we would beat bama this year. I feel the same now about Clemson. I actually think Dabo is a little nervous with this game. He knows he was lucky to get the win against us last season. He will have his team ready to play, but so will Jimbo.

Drink the Kool Aid. I added an extra scoop of sugar.

4 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I love these fucking guys. 

sealyaggies

4:58p 

After last night, I reached this opinion, and was going to throw it out there at the end of next week. What the hell, I may as well just throw it out there now.  

Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Texas A&M is going to go into Clemson's stadium next week and beat the defending national champions.

There are a couple of major reasons why I believe we are going to beat them. First, we have a QB who is ready to lead a championship level football team. Mond showed last season that he can rise in big games and in critical moments in big games. Jimbo told us all off season that Mond was continuing to progress. Last night, we saw what Jimbo has been talking about. I like our QB, and I think he is ready to introduce himself to college football as a premier type college football QB.

Second reason we are going to beat Clemson. We have Mike Elko and they do not. I think Brent Venables is a very good football coach. I just think Elko is better. He has now been working with our core of defensive players for about 18 months. It showed in the bowl game and you could just see it on the field last night. Yeah, I know it was TSU, but it is apparent Elko's group is about to take it to another level. I would not trade DC's with anyone in the country. I get the feeling we are going to go into Clemson, and our defense is going to show. up.

Certainly there are some concerns. The OL will have to show improvement from week 1 in order for us to win. If we can rush for 125 yards, and if Mond gets sacked 2 times or less, I think that will be sufficient for our offense to be effective. I expect Mond to have success throwing the ball against Clemson if he is not running for his life all game.

I have been sunshine pumping all off season that we would beat bama this year. I feel the same now about Clemson. I actually think Dabo is a little nervous with this game. He knows he was lucky to get the win against us last season. He will have his team ready to play, but so will Jimbo.

Drink the Kool Aid. I added an extra scoop of sugar.

Sorry sealy, this is Dabo-Trevor-Venables-Etienne next Sat in Clemson:

spacer.png