Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

38 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

This is pretty fucking incredible by Brauni. 

No indication that things are going well, just reinforcing their mantra in avoidance of admitting they're getting whoop!ed

I disagree with his premise anyways. Now is exactly the time to worry. They needed to get these out of state players locked in before the season in which they have 4-5 losses. Hard hill to climb during the season with an early signing period at play.

10 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

I mean, I know their rollercoaster ride is going to derail pretty soon, but shouldn't they be in  idgaf mode about recruiting since their season is still brimming with hope and optimism?

This is the final, grand result of their 100-year decision in a nutshell.  Since they still can't help but measure themselves solely against Texas, and they no longer play Texas, their only outlet for channeling their inferiority complex is in recruiting.  And when Texas is kicking their asses sideways in recruiting, they have nothing else to fall back on.

Even though they rarely ever beat Texas, they could at least point to that game at the end of the season and retain some hope for redemption.  But with that removed, all they have is recruiting.  And when that's not going well for them, well, there it is.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

This is pretty fucking incredible by Brauni. 

No indication that things are going well, just reinforcing their mantra in avoidance of admitting they're getting whoop!ed

It kills me every time that their calls for blind allegiance to the coaches actually works. It’s hard to think of a ploy that would be received more poorly that than that by most Texas fans.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Brauniger

EDlxHRcXkAAZmez?format=jpg&name=smallEDlxIVAXkAAa9xZ?format=jpg&name=small

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That last paragraph is an assault on the English language. 

These rubes that get paid to do this work, and then subsequently whine about how hard it is and how mean the customers are, never cease to amaze me. 

You don't give us much details and hints about the guise of sources. Set us up the bomb.

I also suppose that passive-aggressive means vague-dishonest in Texags land.

This is the adherents' usual pattern of: don't complain, wait 'til recruiting's over; don't complain, it's over anyway; be positive and yell loud and we'll win!; have faith in our coach; we got robbed but there's recruiting!; don't complain until recruiting is over...(grammar will much certainly vary very)

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Texags peddles sunshine coated balls of shit and have the audacity to attack the consumers once the fecal center is questioned. It's an amazing and entertaining world of fuckery. 

Who said if Evans was picking a school after the BBQ, it would A&M?  Answer = Texags

Who said they led for Princely, Eaton, Alford? Answer = Texags

Who said the BBQ event was a homerun? Answer = Texags

Who said their class would be top 8 or top 5 by the start of the season? Answer = Texags

Who said their 2021 class will be the best ever? Answer = Perroni

35 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Texags peddles sunshine coated balls of shit and have the audacity to attack the consumers once the fecal center is questioned. It's an amazing and entertaining world of fuckery. 

Who said if Evans was picking a school after the BBQ, it would A&M?  Answer = Texags

Who said they led for Princely, Eaton, Alford? Answer = Texags

Who said the BBQ event was a homerun? Answer = Texags

Who said their class would be top 8 or top 5 by the start of the season? Answer = Texags

So much this.  I can't believe you people get disappointed when we predict errbody to aggy and it faceplants.  A lot.  You're unreasonable and such a beatdown.  What's with the negative reactions?  That'll be $9.95, rubes.

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

By Ryan Brauninger

Key notes from Recruiting Country

We need to start talking recruiting; it's starting to get weird right now. It’s the start of the high school season. I'm getting out and watching guys play. I don't think there is any new recruiting stuff that's going on that would surprise you. The dead period is lifted, and now coaches are starting to reach out to the 2021s. Nothing has changed from an A&M standpoint with the 2020s.

We're thinking Antonio Johnson‍ could be next because he might be doing something soon. Other than him, there aren't too many kids we're thinking could do anything anytime soon in favor of A&M. After that Alabama weekend, we will know a lot more.

There are still about eight spots left in this class. The numbers are so fluid. About 7-9 spots left.

There is no reason to feel negative, even with the Zach Evans‍ stuff as it starts trending heavily towards Georgia. There is no reason to get upset about that at all. There are still outstanding backs if A&M doesn't land Evans. Daniyel Ngata‍ is a good back, EJ Smith‍ is good. Devon Achane‍ is good.

The short term impact of beating Clemson on the road would be fun to cover. But I think it's more interesting to look long term. I think it's funny to put so much stock in the results of games. If A&M loses, who reacts the least? The kids. They are 18, and they could be easily swayed, but they typically don't sway as much over wins and loses. Fans do that a lot more. If they beat Clemson, it'll be huge. One of the biggest wins in program history if they do it.

I think A&M's focus is on what's going on in Clemson. Regardless of what happens in Austin, you still have to go on the road and face LSU later in the year. They still have a chance to make a statement.

Think about how far we are away from signing day. That's an eternity. Think of all the football to be played, the visits, everything. There are still so many storms to weather between here and now. If we land these guys, do you think other schools are going to give up on them? A&M is still recruiting Princely Umanmielen‍ and Ryan Watts‍. They're not going to stop recruiting. Ultimately in February, this 2020 class is going to be full of impact and stud players.

I think A&M is in the best shape with Antonio Doyle‍. Omari Thomas‍ is an interesting one. Jason just went out and saw him and came back with more positive thoughts on A&M getting him. It might be a push with landing him while losing Vernon Broughton. A&M also sits well with EJ Smith. You have to get Noah Sewell‍ on that OV vs. Bama. It will be tough to pull him out of Utah.

I think the "respect my decision" thing is, and I haven't asked, directed towards fans and other players, not coaches. It may be. I don't know. I've never asked. I think it's directed at the media and fans. Maybe I'll ask some of those guys now. The new one is "no love lost," and I don't think they grasp what that means.

A&M has four 2020 OL committed. I'm going to see Smart Chibuzo‍ this weekend. I'd call them the leaders for Chris Morris‍ , and they are right in the thick of it for Garrett Hayes‍. Hayes is the toughest read right now. He doesn't put football at the forefront of his life. He focuses on church camp and wants to hunt and fish. I feel better about A&M's chances with Morris, but that doesn't mean they're out of it with Hayes

• Haha 1

How can this fucking idiot contradict himself so much in such a short column? It’s is absolutely painful to read. 

3 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

We need to start talking recruiting; it's starting to get weird right now. It’s the start of the high school season. I'm getting out and watching guys play. I don't think there is any new recruiting stuff that's going on that would surprise you.

6 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

There is no reason to feel negative, even with the Zach Evans‍ stuff as it starts trending heavily towards Georgia. There is no reason to get upset about that at all. There are still outstanding backs if A&M doesn't land Evans. Daniyel Ngata‍ is a good back, EJ Smith‍ is good. Devon Achane‍ is good.

10 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

The short term impact of beating Clemson on the road would be fun to cover. But I think it's more interesting to look long term. I think it's funny to put so much stock in the results of games. If A&M loses, who reacts the least? The kids. They are 18, and they could be easily swayed, but they typically don't sway as much over wins and loses. Fans do that a lot more. If they beat Clemson, it'll be huge. One of the biggest wins in program history if they do it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

it's starting to get weird right now

Nothing has changed

There is no reason to feel negative

There is no reason to get upset about that at all

12 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Ultimately in February, this 2020 class is going to be full of impact and stud players.

confused powerpuff girls GIF

12 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

they are right in the thick of it for Garrett Hayes‍. Hayes is the toughest read right now. He doesn't put football at the forefront of his life. He focuses on church camp and wants to hunt and fish.

Uh....advantage aggy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

By Ryan Brauninger

We need to start talking recruiting; it's starting to get weird right now. It’s the start of the high school season. I'm getting out and watching guys play. I don't think there is any new recruiting stuff that's going on that would surprise you. The dead period is lifted, and now coaches are starting to reach out to the 2021s. Nothing has changed from an A&M standpoint with the 2020s.

We're thinking Antonio Johnson‍ could be next because he might be doing something soon. Other than him, there aren't too many kids we're thinking could do anything anytime soon in favor of A&M. After that Alabama weekend, we will know a lot more.

There are still about eight spots left in this class. The numbers are so fluid. About 7-9 spots left.

I think A&M's focus is on what's going on in Clemson. Regardless of what happens in Austin, you still have to go on the road and face LSU later in the year. They still have a chance to make a statement.

Think about how far we are away from signing day. That's an eternity. Think of all the football to be played, the visits, everything. There are still so many storms to weather between here and now. If we land these guys, do you think other schools are going to give up on them? A&M is still recruiting Princely Umanmielen‍ and Ryan Watts‍. They're not going to stop recruiting. Ultimately in February, this 2020 class is going to be full of impact and stud players.

I think A&M is in the best shape with Antonio Doyle‍. Omari Thomas‍ is an interesting one. Jason just went out and saw him and came back with more positive thoughts on A&M getting him. It might be a push with landing him while losing Vernon Broughton. A&M also sits well with EJ Smith. You have to get Noah Sewell‍ on that OV vs. Bama. It will be tough to pull him out of Utah.

I think the "respect my decision" thing is, and I haven't asked, directed towards fans and other players, not coaches. It may be. I don't know. I've never asked. I think it's directed at the media and fans. Maybe I'll ask some of those guys now. The new one is "no love lost," and I don't think they grasp what that means.

A&M has four 2020 OL committed. I'm going to see Smart Chibuzo‍ this weekend. I'd call them the leaders for Chris Morris‍ , and they are right in the thick of it for Garrett Hayes‍. Hayes is the toughest read right now. He doesn't put football at the forefront of his life. He focuses on church camp and wants to hunt and fish. I feel better about A&M's chances with Morris, but that doesn't mean they're out of it with Hayes

Translation: Guys please stop asking me about recruiting, which is my literal job for which I am paid. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

By Ryan Brauninger

Is this a very bad real article, or is it a very good parody article?  It is really hard for me to tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

6940ed00199f686862f641e2ed142f86a32b4ece

Don't worry, guys, there'll be plenty to cheer yell about at the end of the season!

Things'll be great, I'm telling ya. Next year or the year after. Whatever it takes.

Jimbo!

Spoiler

Liucci

12:12p 

Staff

AG

Quote:

When should we expect next commitment?

I'd say sometime around the Auburn game. I'll go with one of the Missouri/St. Louis contingent or Daniyel Ngata. If not then, then Chris Morris for Bama weekend.

Quote:

Do we pick off Sunshine? 

I'm going to say yes. He threw a couple last week and I bet the Aggies get him once on Saturday at Clemson. If they're able to force two turnovers, well, I think that's the magic number. Of course, Mond and the Ags need to protect the football themselves. Even going plus-1 in the turnover battle might be enough to ensure that this one is close down the stretch, at which point Jimbo has been there so many times and tends to call such games brilliantly in the final possessions.

Quote:

The good guys win the game if ____________...

Read the Players to Watch, Key Matchups, Cover Story and listen to the shows and podcasts this week. My point? There's way too much that goes into answering your question than I can write in this space. The short answer? 1 Contain Etienne 2 Run the football with moderate success and, as a result, decisively win the TOP battle 3 Get a big night from at least two of your playmakers on offense 4 Limit Clemson's big plays and get to Lawrence at least three times (I think A&M's DL vs Clemson's OL is still an advantage, just like it was last year) 5 Win special teams and the battle of field position.

Quote:

Will we be able to run the ball against this team? 

That question will go a long way towards determining whether or not the Ags have a shot to pull off the upset. Right now, I'm not ready to answer that in the affirmative but I have a sneaky suspicion Jimbo finds a way to scheme Venables well enough that the Ags enjoy a lot more ground success this year than they did at Kyle Field last fall.

Quote:

LSU - Texas prediction? 

I think LSU wins this one but VERY close. Not quite buying the new LSU offense being a well-oiled machine, and I think Herman does a nice job of protecting Ehlinger and hiding his weaknesses/playing to his strengths. Believe it or not, I like the Texas WRs vs the LSU secondary and I think LSU will have a tough time running against a smaller, faster Longhorn front. At the end of the day, though, I think LSU has too much and pulls it out in the fourth quarter for a big road win.

Quote:

Best out of conference road trip? Clemson? 

We shall see. I didn't go the last time the Aggies went out there. So far for me it's probably been Miami or LA. I missed Clemson and Notre Dame back in the day.

Quote:

How bad will it get for Tennessee this year? 

Can it actually get any worse? Imagine what a terrible feeling to know as a fan or decision-maker at a major university that your head coach simply is not the guy to win a conference or national title before said coach is two games into his second season? Welcome to Knoxville and Tallahassee.

Quote:

Which program has more to lose Saturday with a loss against their opponent, A&M or t.u.? Why?

For now, I think it's Texas and it's not even close. If the Horns lose this one, their game against OU is an absolute must win. They'll also lose a lot of the goodwill built up from the Sugar Bowl win and might have to actually stop talking trash for a couple of weeks. For A&M, if it's not this Saturday, the Ags will get not one, not two, not three but FOUR more shots at a team currently ranked inside the Top-10. The SEC can be a blessing or a curse, depending on how ready to play you are.

Quote:

Have you seen coaches play more true freshmen in an effort to prove to recruits that they will get playing time in recent seasons? I feel like every one of these first-week games I heard "and that's so and so, the true freshman out of ___" way more than I have in the past. Or is that just because the class of 2019 had some real ball players, maybe more ready for college ball than other recruiting cycles? 

For A&M, it's because the 2019 class was absolutely LOADED and features a lot of guys who, while they lack experience, are more talented than the older guys ahead of them. The other part of it has to do with the new redshirt rule, which is going to create a little bit of a mirage when it comes to true freshmen playing this season. The '19 class was a good one nationally, but nothing of historic proportion or anything like that.

Quote:

Bigger battle to determine the outcome - Aggie DL vs Clemson OL or Aggie Secondary vs Clemson WR's?

I think it's the Aggie defensive line vs the Clemson o-line. It still all starts there. The secondary can get the job done only with help from the front, IMO. In other words, the d-line and front seven need to contain Etienne enough to put Lawrence in some obvious passing downs so Elko can work his magic. Do that (which the Ags did during last year's meeting) and I think the difference is that you'll see some Maroon & White defensive backs making plays on the ball this time around, limiting big plays at least slightly and getting Trevor Lawrence off the field just enough to give themselves a chance to pull off the upset. Frankly, I like the matchup in the trenches for the Aggies.

Quote:

Can you give us your prediction of the remaining 6 spots in the 2020 class? 

I'm working backwards here and just realized Dalton has already mailed in the assignment of picking 25 questions a week. This is what I call the 'Dalton Double'...when he's so disinterested that he picks the same exact question twice. I'll add one to the back end to make up for it.

Quote:

Do you think the national media is beginning to swing a bit more Ag friendly? If so, does that really help with branding and recruiting?

I think so. For the most part, I do get the feeling that they want to see A&M become a power in the SEC and under Jimbo Fisher. It would be great for everyone outside of Tuscaloosa to see the team from Texas with the national championship head coach who worked under Saban and who spurned both FSU and LSU emerge as the threat to Alabama's throne. To answer your second question, it certainly doesn't hurt but that type of stuff is still only a small part of the equation and big picture.

Quote:

Which of the following recruits that we barely missed on do you think would have contributed the most on our team this year: Creed, Waddle, Ossai, Scooby, or Christian Harris?

Damn good question. I'd say Creed or Waddle, with Harris right behind them. The Aggie o-line with that guy in the middle and the flexibility he would give the Ags with McCollum, Prater and Green as moving pieces at guard/backup center would be a game-changer. The Ags have a great situation at receiver but Waddle is an incredible, game-changing talent on offense and in the return game. I'd probably go with Christian Harris in the top two except for the fact that, even though he's going to start at Bama in year one, he's still a true freshman. He'd certainly have completely altered the look of the linebacker position for the Ags as early as this season, however, that's for sure.

Quote:

What are your thoughts on who will be the 3rd linebacker? 

Tough to call between Aaron Hansford and Andre White. If you're talking about the next couple of weeks or so, Hansford is my pick. Thought he did a couple of nice things in the opener.

Quote:

Do you think we'll have more success passing the ball or running it?

I still think the Ags have more success throwing it. For starters, Trayveon was bottled up for less than 35 yards on the ground last year while Mond threw for 430. I don't think that was a coincidence at all. Even with Clemson losing so many along the d-line, I still think the matchup that favors A&M most if Kellen dropping back to throw to his WRs against the Clemson secondary. They can be had, but the Ags do have to run enough to keep from being one-dimensional and to keep Mond from being under duress every snap.

Quote:

How many points you think we'll need to score to win? 

I think if A&M wins this one it's in the 34-31 or 38-33 range.

Quote:

Which d-lineman do you think have the best chance to disrupt the Clemson passing attack? Are there spots along the line where you feel we have a clear advantage? 

My picks would be Peevy and Madubuike on the inside. Throw in Bobby Brown and I think the Ags' will win the battle on the defensive interior. The key guys to me will be Micheal Clemons, Tyree Johnson, DeMarvin Leal and Max Wright on the outside. Kingsley Keke played like a grown ass man in last year's meeting with the Tigers and someone has to step up to set the edge and generate pressure.

Quote:

What excuses and spin will sip put out there after they are pummeled by LSU Saturday? Looking forward to the hurricane of tears this weekend.

Like every other Aggie, I sure hope you're right. Why? Because the Burnt Orange fools on twitter are unbearable and delusional enough as it is on twitter and they've literally done nothing outside of one game last January against a disinterested Georgia team. If the Horns pull it off, can you imagine Sam and the Sssshhhh Man? Good gracious. Look, if they beat LSU and Georgia, they will have earned bragging rights for the time being (and the Ags will get their shot at both later this year). I think LSU wins a relatively close one.

Quote:

Does Clemson make the playoff with a loss to A&M? I feel like Clemson can least afford a loss out of the CFP contenders because they would have no quality wins based off the weakness of the ACC and if A&M isn't at least a 9 win team, that wouldn't help their case either. 

I'd agree with that, and especially if A&M didn't go on to win at least nine. However, if there were multiple 11-1 or 12-1 teams under consideration, they'd probably somehow get the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:

What was the new ADs impression of the "game day experience " last week, satisfied that only minor tweaks are needed, saw opportunities to make the fan experience better, or mostly saw opportunities to profit from the captive audience, etc? 

I haven't spoken to Bjork about it yet, which makes this Dalton's first bad pick of the season. I'm sure Ross was pretty impressed (I know he was absolutely fired up for Midnight Yell and the game) but I'm also sure he was observing and thinking of positive tweaks to make things even better.

Quote:

There are probably more than six but if I were making a prediction today, I'd say the best bets are Chris MorrisAntonio DoyleAntonio JohnsonDontae ManningDevon AchaneDonnell Harris and Daniyel Ngata (in no particular order).

Quote:

What is your opinion of teams playing Week 0 or Week 1 international games (don't think there were any this year) and do you think our current AD would consider scheduling one? 

Not a fan of it outside of maybe Notre Dame playing in Dublin.

Quote:

Does Chapman figure into the game plan? 

Tough to say. I thought he definitely would have last week and doubt the Ags were 'hiding' him for Clemson but my prediction is he'll haul in a couple of passes in Death Valley and maybe come down with a big grab.

Quote:

While in Vegas a couple weeks ago I placed a relatively large bet (for me anyway) on us to go over 7.5 wins. Would you have done the same?

I'd have gone larger on Texas going over 9. If they do, I'd win a 'relatively' large amount and if they don't, well, we'd all love that wouldn't we?

Quote:

What's your favorite Foreigner song? 

Damn that's a tough one. I'm going 'I want to know what love is' because I'm not sure I can sing a line that isn't Creed as well as I can belt out "Iiiiiiinnn my liiiiiife.." 

Foreigner: 
1 I want to know what love is
2 Cold as ice
3 Waiting for a girl like you
4 Juke Box Hero
5 Feels like the first time

Quote:

Will we get a Waffle House or National Championship in Football first? 

National championship in 2020 or '21, at which point the Waffle House folks cannot deny us.

Quote:

As a fellow ID major....if TexAgs hadn't happened where/what would have been your first job? 

No idea. I had like two interviews under my belt when I decided to put that on hold to take a shot at this thing...and to stick around for the '98 season, which ended up being a life-changing decision. One of the guys I interviewed with is probably reading this. He's a lifetime subscriber who jokes with me that had he offered me a job following my first interview, this whole thing would never have happened. So you can thank him for not being overly impressed with me back in the spring or summer of '98.

Quote:

Howard Cosell once stated that the invention of the television changed everything in America for sports. Do you think the internet has had an even bigger impact than what the TV in homes did? 

Overall, yes, but I wouldn't say so when it comes to sports. Speaking of Cosell, an underrated movie is Better Off Dead (starring John Cusack). Watch it again if you're an '80s kid and want to laugh a little.

Quote:

Rank your all-time Beliucci Hour co-hosts. (This could get fun - Dalton)

As much as I am loathe to admit it, Louie was the OG and we started it together. He also pissed me off every show because I literally could not disagree with him more and it made for great radio. Brauny is right there. He's fast becoming a legendary interrupter but outside of that is a badass co-host and we've got good chemistry.

Quote:

Did you think OU had a defense for a second there too? They fooled me in the 1Q! 

Never bought it for a second. They'll be better on defense this year especially moving forward under Grinch, but they'll never be elite practicing against that style of offense every day and, come playoff season, playing against that opposition all season. They've GOT to start scheduling giants in the pre-season like they did with Ohio State a couple of years ago. Tennessee, Houston and UCLA aren't going to cut it. But with that said, they are so unbelievably good on offense, if Riley can field a team like A&M's 2012 outfit they're going to be VERY tough to stop. Unreal on offense with a Heisman-caliber QB and a defense that can manage a few stops here and there. Do that and two stops in a game typically turns into a 14, 17 or 21 point run that essentially ends it. We saw that in 2012, when the A&M defense knew if they could get two or three stops out of the chute, they'd be next-to-impossible to catch. Just look at what happened in T-Town that year or during the second half of the Oklahoma game.

Quote:

The media seemed rather breathless after last week's results to proclaim that the dominance of the SEC was gone? Do you agree with them?

The media does that a lot if you haven't noticed. Here's the truth: The East is TERRIBLE this year, which is going to make the league 'top heavy' as they say but that top might go at least five teams deep. Let's pit the fifth and sixth place teams in the SEC against the same teams in other leagues. We're talking Auburn or Florida or (hopefully not) maybe even A&M against squads like Nebraska or Northwestern, Arizona State, Baylor or Iowa State, Miami or Virginia Tech or FSU. There's still a BIG gap there, as Auburn showed when they took down the projected Pac-12 champs on Saturday. Look, the games that will define the non-conference schedule for the SEC are Auburn-Oregon, LSU-Texas, A&M-Clemson, Georgia-Notre Dame. That's it. That and the high-profile bowl matchups and then we'll see whether the league has fallen back to the pack or not. Long way to go, my friends.

58 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

That "abortion [we've] fielded in the last 10 to 12 years" has scoreboard on aggy.  What does that make aggy?

Don’t be silly. They all are operating under the FACT that had Texas not bitched out on the series, they’d be riding a 7 game win streak right now with no end in sight. 

14 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

National championship in 2020 or '21, at which point the Waffle House folks cannot deny us.

Is that an early hedge from 2020 to maybe 2021?

15 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

The media seemed rather breathless after last week's results to proclaim that the dominance of the SEC was gone? Do you agree with them?

The media does that a lot if you haven't noticed. Here's the truth: The East is TERRIBLE this year, which is going to make the league 'top heavy' as they say but that top might go at least five teams deep. Let's pit the fifth and sixth place teams in the SEC against the same teams in other leagues. We're talking Auburn or Florida or (hopefully not) maybe even A&M against squads like Nebraska or Northwestern, Arizona State, Baylor or Iowa State, Miami or Virginia Tech or FSU. There's still a BIG gap there, as Auburn showed when they took down the projected Pac-12 champs on Saturday. Look, the games that will define the non-conference schedule for the SEC are Auburn-Oregon, LSU-Texas, A&M-Clemson, Georgia-Notre Dame. That's it. That and the high-profile bowl matchups and then we'll see whether the league has fallen back to the pack or not. Long way to go, my friends.

SEC is 5 teams deep...hmmm...who could he possibly mean? Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn...AGGY OF COURSE 

Looch already stated that bowl games don't mean anything a couple weeks ago on his podcast. 

I fucking loved his keys to winning. Stop Clemson from running, stop big plays from Clemson, sack their QB, force turnovers, run the ball well, make big plays in the passing game, win TOP and win special teams. 

That's some real brilliant analysis right there. 

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

SEC is 5 teams deep...hmmm...who could he possibly mean? Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn...AGGY OF COURSE 

Looch already stated that bowl games don't mean anything a couple weeks ago on his podcast. 

‘High-profile bowl matchups’ which apparently does not include the Sugar Bowl

Edited by TheRRKid

30 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

12:12p 

Staff

AG

Quote:

When should we expect next commitment?

I'd say sometime around the Auburn game. I'll go with one of the Missouri/St. Louis contingent or Daniyel Ngata. If not then, then Chris Morris for Bama weekend.

Quote:

Do we pick off Sunshine? 

I'm going to say yes. He threw a couple last week and I bet the Aggies get him once on Saturday at Clemson. If they're able to force two turnovers, well, I think that's the magic number. Of course, Mond and the Ags need to protect the football themselves. Even going plus-1 in the turnover battle might be enough to ensure that this one is close down the stretch, at which point Jimbo has been there so many times and tends to call such games brilliantly in the final possessions.

Quote:

The good guys win the game if ____________...

Read the Players to Watch, Key Matchups, Cover Story and listen to the shows and podcasts this week. My point? There's way too much that goes into answering your question than I can write in this space. The short answer? 1 Contain Etienne 2 Run the football with moderate success and, as a result, decisively win the TOP battle 3 Get a big night from at least two of your playmakers on offense 4 Limit Clemson's big plays and get to Lawrence at least three times (I think A&M's DL vs Clemson's OL is still an advantage, just like it was last year) 5 Win special teams and the battle of field position.

Quote:

Will we be able to run the ball against this team? 

That question will go a long way towards determining whether or not the Ags have a shot to pull off the upset. Right now, I'm not ready to answer that in the affirmative but I have a sneaky suspicion Jimbo finds a way to scheme Venables well enough that the Ags enjoy a lot more ground success this year than they did at Kyle Field last fall.

Quote:

LSU - Texas prediction? 

I think LSU wins this one but VERY close. Not quite buying the new LSU offense being a well-oiled machine, and I think Herman does a nice job of protecting Ehlinger and hiding his weaknesses/playing to his strengths. Believe it or not, I like the Texas WRs vs the LSU secondary and I think LSU will have a tough time running against a smaller, faster Longhorn front. At the end of the day, though, I think LSU has too much and pulls it out in the fourth quarter for a big road win.

Quote:

Best out of conference road trip? Clemson? 

We shall see. I didn't go the last time the Aggies went out there. So far for me it's probably been Miami or LA. I missed Clemson and Notre Dame back in the day.

Quote:

Can it actually get any worse? Imagine what a terrible feeling to know as a fan or decision-maker at a major university that your head coach simply is not the guy to win a conference or national title before said coach is two games into his second season? Welcome to Knoxville and Tallahassee.

Quote:

Which program has more to lose Saturday with a loss against their opponent, A&M or t.u.? Why?

For now, I think it's Texas and it's not even close. If the Horns lose this one, their game against OU is an absolute must win. They'll also lose a lot of the goodwill built up from the Sugar Bowl win and might have to actually stop talking trash for a couple of weeks. For A&M, if it's not this Saturday, the Ags will get not one, not two, not three but FOUR more shots at a team currently ranked inside the Top-10. The SEC can be a blessing or a curse, depending on how ready to play you are.

Quote:

Have you seen coaches play more true freshmen in an effort to prove to recruits that they will get playing time in recent seasons? I feel like every one of these first-week games I heard "and that's so and so, the true freshman out of ___" way more than I have in the past. Or is that just because the class of 2019 had some real ball players, maybe more ready for college ball than other recruiting cycles? 

For A&M, it's because the 2019 class was absolutely LOADED and features a lot of guys who, while they lack experience, are more talented than the older guys ahead of them. The other part of it has to do with the new redshirt rule, which is going to create a little bit of a mirage when it comes to true freshmen playing this season. The '19 class was a good one nationally, but nothing of historic proportion or anything like that.

Quote:

Bigger battle to determine the outcome - Aggie DL vs Clemson OL or Aggie Secondary vs Clemson WR's?

I think it's the Aggie defensive line vs the Clemson o-line. It still all starts there. The secondary can get the job done only with help from the front, IMO. In other words, the d-line and front seven need to contain Etienne enough to put Lawrence in some obvious passing downs so Elko can work his magic. Do that (which the Ags did during last year's meeting) and I think the difference is that you'll see some Maroon & White defensive backs making plays on the ball this time around, limiting big plays at least slightly and getting Trevor Lawrence off the field just enough to give themselves a chance to pull off the upset. Frankly, I like the matchup in the trenches for the Aggies.

Quote:

I'm working backwards here and just realized Dalton has already mailed in the assignment of picking 25 questions a week. This is what I call the 'Dalton Double'...when he's so disinterested that he picks the same exact question twice. I'll add one to the back end to make up for it.

Quote:

Do you think the national media is beginning to swing a bit more Ag friendly? If so, does that really help with branding and recruiting?

I think so. For the most part, I do get the feeling that they want to see A&M become a power in the SEC and under Jimbo Fisher. It would be great for everyone outside of Tuscaloosa to see the team from Texas with the national championship head coach who worked under Saban and who spurned both FSU and LSU emerge as the threat to Alabama's throne. To answer your second question, it certainly doesn't hurt but that type of stuff is still only a small part of the equation and big picture.

Quote:

Which of the following recruits that we barely missed on do you think would have contributed the most on our team this year: Creed, Waddle, Ossai, Scooby, or Christian Harris?

Damn good question. I'd say Creed or Waddle, with Harris right behind them. The Aggie o-line with that guy in the middle and the flexibility he would give the Ags with McCollum, Prater and Green as moving pieces at guard/backup center would be a game-changer. The Ags have a great situation at receiver but Waddle is an incredible, game-changing talent on offense and in the return game. I'd probably go with Christian Harris in the top two except for the fact that, even though he's going to start at Bama in year one, he's still a true freshman. He'd certainly have completely altered the look of the linebacker position for the Ags as early as this season, however, that's for sure.

Quote:

What are your thoughts on who will be the 3rd linebacker? 

Tough to call between Aaron Hansford and Andre White. If you're talking about the next couple of weeks or so, Hansford is my pick. Thought he did a couple of nice things in the opener.

Quote:

Do you think we'll have more success passing the ball or running it?

I still think the Ags have more success throwing it. For starters, Trayveon was bottled up for less than 35 yards on the ground last year while Mond threw for 430. I don't think that was a coincidence at all. Even with Clemson losing so many along the d-line, I still think the matchup that favors A&M most if Kellen dropping back to throw to his WRs against the Clemson secondary. They can be had, but the Ags do have to run enough to keep from being one-dimensional and to keep Mond from being under duress every snap.

Quote:

How many points you think we'll need to score to win? 

I think if A&M wins this one it's in the 34-31 or 38-33 range.

Quote:

Which d-lineman do you think have the best chance to disrupt the Clemson passing attack? Are there spots along the line where you feel we have a clear advantage? 

My picks would be Peevy and Madubuike on the inside. Throw in Bobby Brown and I think the Ags' will win the battle on the defensive interior. The key guys to me will be Micheal Clemons, Tyree Johnson, DeMarvin Leal and Max Wright on the outside. Kingsley Keke played like a grown ass man in last year's meeting with the Tigers and someone has to step up to set the edge and generate pressure.

Quote:

What excuses and spin will sip put out there after they are pummeled by LSU Saturday? Looking forward to the hurricane of tears this weekend.

Like every other Aggie, I sure hope you're right. Why? Because the Burnt Orange fools on twitter are unbearable and delusional enough as it is on twitter and they've literally done nothing outside of one game last January against a disinterested Georgia team. If the Horns pull it off, can you imagine Sam and the Sssshhhh Man? Good gracious. Look, if they beat LSU and Georgia, they will have earned bragging rights for the time being (and the Ags will get their shot at both later this year). I think LSU wins a relatively close one.

Quote:

Does Clemson make the playoff with a loss to A&M? I feel like Clemson can least afford a loss out of the CFP contenders because they would have no quality wins based off the weakness of the ACC and if A&M isn't at least a 9 win team, that wouldn't help their case either. 

I'd agree with that, and especially if A&M didn't go on to win at least nine. However, if there were multiple 11-1 or 12-1 teams under consideration, they'd probably somehow get the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:

What was the new ADs impression of the "game day experience " last week, satisfied that only minor tweaks are needed, saw opportunities to make the fan experience better, or mostly saw opportunities to profit from the captive audience, etc? 

I haven't spoken to Bjork about it yet, which makes this Dalton's first bad pick of the season. I'm sure Ross was pretty impressed (I know he was absolutely fired up for Midnight Yell and the game) but I'm also sure he was observing and thinking of positive tweaks to make things even better.

Quote:

There are probably more than six but if I were making a prediction today, I'd say the best bets are Chris MorrisAntonio DoyleAntonio JohnsonDontae ManningDevon AchaneDonnell Harris and Daniyel Ngata (in no particular order).

Quote:

What is your opinion of teams playing Week 0 or Week 1 international games (don't think there were any this year) and do you think our current AD would consider scheduling one? 

Not a fan of it outside of maybe Notre Dame playing in Dublin.

Quote:

Does Chapman figure into the game plan? 

Tough to say. I thought he definitely would have last week and doubt the Ags were 'hiding' him for Clemson but my prediction is he'll haul in a couple of passes in Death Valley and maybe come down with a big grab.

Quote:

While in Vegas a couple weeks ago I placed a relatively large bet (for me anyway) on us to go over 7.5 wins. Would you have done the same?

I'd have gone larger on Texas going over 9. If they do, I'd win a 'relatively' large amount and if they don't, well, we'd all love that wouldn't we?

Quote:

What's your favorite Foreigner song? 

Damn that's a tough one. I'm going 'I want to know what love is' because I'm not sure I can sing a line that isn't Creed as well as I can belt out "Iiiiiiinnn my liiiiiife.." 

Foreigner: 
1 I want to know what love is
2 Cold as ice
3 Waiting for a girl like you
4 Juke Box Hero
5 Feels like the first time

Quote:

Quote:

As a fellow ID major....if TexAgs hadn't happened where/what would have been your first job? 

No idea. I had like two interviews under my belt when I decided to put that on hold to take a shot at this thing...and to stick around for the '98 season, which ended up being a life-changing decision. One of the guys I interviewed with is probably reading this. He's a lifetime subscriber who jokes with me that had he offered me a job following my first interview, this whole thing would never have happened. So you can thank him for not being overly impressed with me back in the spring or summer of '98.

Quote:

Howard Cosell once stated that the invention of the television changed everything in America for sports. Do you think the internet has had an even bigger impact than what the TV in homes did? 

Overall, yes, but I wouldn't say so when it comes to sports. Speaking of Cosell, an underrated movie is Better Off Dead (starring John Cusack). Watch it again if you're an '80s kid and want to laugh a little.

Quote:

Rank your all-time Beliucci Hour co-hosts. (This could get fun - Dalton)

As much as I am loathe to admit it, Louie was the OG and we started it together. He also pissed me off every show because I literally could not disagree with him more and it made for great radio. Brauny is right there. He's fast becoming a legendary interrupter but outside of that is a badass co-host and we've got good chemistry.

Quote:

Did you think OU had a defense for a second there too? They fooled me in the 1Q! 

Never bought it for a second. They'll be better on defense this year especially moving forward under Grinch, but they'll never be elite practicing against that style of offense every day and, come playoff season, playing against that opposition all season. They've GOT to start scheduling giants in the pre-season like they did with Ohio State a couple of years ago. Tennessee, Houston and UCLA aren't going to cut it. But with that said, they are so unbelievably good on offense, if Riley can field a team like A&M's 2012 outfit they're going to be VERY tough to stop. Unreal on offense with a Heisman-caliber QB and a defense that can manage a few stops here and there. Do that and two stops in a game typically turns into a 14, 17 or 21 point run that essentially ends it. We saw that in 2012, when the A&M defense knew if they could get two or three stops out of the chute, they'd be next-to-impossible to catch. Just look at what happened in T-Town that year or during the second half of the Oklahoma game.

Quote:

What is his obsession with BC? 

24 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What is his obsession with BC? 

Same as every single 9.95er. BC is living their fantasy. He had the stones, the smarts, and the hustle to make his job a reality. Every single 9.95er wishes that they were working in the AD as a recruiting co-ordinator/player personnel/pick your favorite title here. So they will spend every jealous ounce of energy tearing him down. they don't have the courage, the talent, the commitment, the charisma, or the work ethic that BC has - but that's clearly not how he got where he is. there's got to be some other explanation for him living out the dream... 

Oh, he's also black and bold about being black. That's a problem for every single aggy 9.95er as well. They stop just short of using the word uppity - but it's there, just like Hamm's "boy" to Malik. Just waiting to surface. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Like 5

There it is.  A ranked team loss for aggy is still a win. 

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

It kills me every time that their calls for blind allegiance to the coaches actually works. It’s hard to think of a ploy that would be received more poorly that than that by most Texas fans.

Well, most Texas fans are capable of independent thought, so that would throw a big ol' wrench into that plan.  

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m not sure what fantasy world they live in, but I haven’t heard anyone in the national media trashing the SEC over week 1. In fact most of them are trashing other conferences for bringing it up. 

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I have the feeling that this quote is going to be thrown back in his face after this weekend.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I think so. For the most part, I do get the feeling that they want to see A&M become a power in the SEC and under Jimbo Fisher.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 4

By Ryan Brauninger

Jesus. If they lose to Clemson it doesn’t mean anything to the kids because they aren’t swayed by one game. However, if they beat Clemson, it means everything - because one game suddenly means everything. These propaganda reporters will spin everything.