Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I watched a bit of the aggy game.  I only noticed SloNeal twice while I was watching.  Both times, he ran, stood over, and trash talked a Clemson player who had already been tackled by another aggy DB.  

There were several times he was badly beat deep and Lawrence under threw the WR.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

There were several times he was badly beat deep and Lawrence under threw the WR.

The key play of the game in my opinion was a terrible play by O’Neal.  They had Lawrence sacked but he got away and rolled left.  O’Neal left his man to try to run 30 yards upfield and lay a hit on the QB.  Lawrence threw it right over his head for a wide open TD.  Game was never in doubt after that.  

• Like 2

Well, they covered the spread. How many blue-chips signed up with Jimbo this weekend?

They covered the spread because Jimbo didn’t play to win. He ran the ball more than he threw it that last drive, going for the cover. Clemson obviously happy to let them run the clock out on themselves. What a chicken shit move.

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

The key play of the game in my opinion was a terrible play by O’Neal.  They had Lawrence sacked but he got away and rolled left.  O’Neal left his man to try to run 30 yards upfield and lay a hit on the QB.  Lawrence threw it right over his head for a wide open TD.  Game was never in doubt after that.  

So he’s... a slow fucking retard?

6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Here's a couple. 

1) I don't know what the hell O'Neal is doing here. He has safety help over the top and gets beat downfield by like 10 yards. Lucky for him the WR dropped the easy TD. 

https://gifs.com/gif/2019-texas-a-m-aggies-vs-clemson-tigers-in-40-minutes-81OwQm

2) O'Neal has safety help again here but gets beat over the top. This should have been intercepted but O'Neal trips over himself. 

https://gifs.com/gif/2019-texas-a-m-aggies-vs-clemson-tigers-in-40-minutes-oV7Nwj

I have to find the other play that I remember. There's a play where he gets locked on Ross and completely whiffs on a double move. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Here's a couple. 

1) I don't know what the hell O'Neal is doing here. He has safety help over the top and gets beat downfield by like 10 yards. Lucky for him the WR dropped the easy TD. 

https://gifs.com/gif/2019-texas-a-m-aggies-vs-clemson-tigers-in-40-minutes-81OwQm

2) O'Neal has safety help again here but gets beat over the top. This should have been intercepted but O'Neal trips over himself. 

https://gifs.com/gif/2019-texas-a-m-aggies-vs-clemson-tigers-in-40-minutes-oV7Nwj

I have to find the other play that I remember. There's a play where he gets locked on Ross and completely whiffs on a double move. 

This one?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

This one?

Nah, there's another play where he gets locked on a WR and gets burned on a stop and go. I think it was in the 3rd quarter. I will say O'Neal is fairly physical but he just doesn't have the athleticism to play DB. Really his only shot is if they use him as LB. 

12 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Nah, there's another play where he gets locked on a WR and gets burned on a stop and go. I think it was in the 3rd quarter. I will say O'Neal is fairly physical but he just doesn't have the athleticism to play DB. Really his only shot is if they use him as LB. 

He's running up to chase Lawrence, and completely forgets his coverage assignment, because he thinks he has the speed to cover 20 yards and prevent Lawrence from making a 1st down. Of course, you never blow your coverage assignment that quickly when the QB still has the option to throw the ball.

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

This one?

Ha that TD is totally on O’Neal. He’s the Safety covering that side of the field. The LB/Nickel drops back and believes to pass the WR off to the safety but O’Neal says fuck it and decides to stop Lawrence running, because that is more important than a WR uncovered in the end zone. The LB/Nickel notices a WR was just given free release and tries to catch up but too late. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

If you listen very carefully to the audio, you can hear Leon yell, "LLLLLLLLLLLLLERROOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYY JJJJJJJJJJJJJENKINSSSSSSS!!!!" during the play.  

Will someone please overlay that clip with the Leroy Jenkins audio? You will be heartily rewarded with extremely valuable Surly rep points.

• Like 1

Damon Sayles: My final week at GigEm247

All,

I'll keep it simple: My contract with GigEm247 is up on Sunday. I will not be re-signing. Consider it a mutual decision. I've had some good moments here with this site. From a subscribers standpoint, I helped move the needle, as GigEm247 went from a national top-20 site into a national top 15 in the last two years. I also developed some good relationships with several of you. But ... it's time to move on.

It's been real, folks. Again, I'm here until Sunday, and after that, I'll still be around on Twitter (@DamonSayles) if you want to stay in touch.

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

All,

I'll keep it simple: My contract with GigEm247 is up on Sunday. I will not be re-signing. Consider it a mutual decision. I've had some good moments here with this site. From a subscribers standpoint, I helped move the needle, as GigEm247 went from a national top-20 site into a national top 15 in the last two years. I also developed some good relationships with several of you. But ... it's time to move on.

It's been real, folks. Again, I'm here until Sunday, and after that, I'll still be around on Twitter (@DamonSayles) if you want to stay in touch.

Don't get down on yourself, young feller.  You'll be back on your feet in no time thanks to the incomparable assistance of The Aggy Career Network.  

Sincerely,

Taylor Hamm

• Haha 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

They've got Isiah Spiller and pretty much thats it.   If they don't have a run game to take pressure off of Mond... 

They have a plodder who transferred in, but he's a the three yards and a cloud of dust type

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

They've got Isiah Spiller and pretty much thats it.   If they don't have a run game to take pressure off of Mond... 

They didn't have that with Corbin and that mass of jelly-bellies they can an offensive line.  Worse now, but let's not pretend they were ever a multi-faceted offense.  Mond is going to break in half before the season is over

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

They have a plodder who transferred in, but he's a the three yards and a cloud of dust type

I don't think Richardson had even passed Deneric Prince on the depth chart. Kibodi has been injured as well, but I assume that he should be the #2 guy - based on the camp depth chart and carries. 

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

They didn't have that with Corbin and that mass of jelly-bellies they can an offensive line.  Worse now, but let's not pretend they were ever a multi-faceted offense.  Mond is going to break in half before the season is over

Corbin was isn’t great, but he did seem to make the first Clemson defender miss all the time. Granted, that was usually in the backfield, which is why he still only averaged 2.6 ypc.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Corbin was isn’t great, but he did seem to make the first Clemson defender miss all the time. Granted, that was usually in the backfield, which is why he still only averaged 2.6 ypc.

Setting up for an Auburn win.  The Auburn DL vs the aggy OL is a mismatch to begin with.  Now they are thin at RB.  Who is betting on Mond to carry them to a win?