Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

"Aggies coach James Fisher announced on Monday that his team’s top running back, Jashaun Corbin, is out for the season.

The sophomore from Rockledge, Fla."

Corbin wasn't good enough for UF or UCF or USF or Miami or FIU or FL Atlantic or Bethune Cookman or FAMU or FSU or The Dolphins?

He must really suck.

I too am interested to see if Loochi or any of the other officers from the Ministry of Propaganda are going to overlook or address the fact that Jimbo flat gave up on the win and played to make the game appear to be something less than the beating it was.  I'd be irate if a Texas coach did that.  I lost a lot of respect for Patterson when he did it last year.
Jimbo DID NOT give up on the win. Not at all. He is deep into his win strategery.

As soon as aggy fires him and he can leave shithole, he wins. He has not given up on that win at all.

Hide and watch. The man is a master con artist. And aggy and apparently some of y'all are easily duped.

My god look at this...

"Fisher and his wife of 22 years, Candi, divorced in December 2015."

BEFORE he conned aggy into giving him 75 large. She can't take half.

The con man is no dummy.

You were absolutely right,  Fud.  You said before the game that Jimbo would play to not lose badly.  It seemed inconceivable to me that he would practically go into the fetal position, but he damn sure did.  What a gutless, poltroon, gormless milksop.  A more cynical person than myself might almost conclude he had bet on his team to cover.
  •  
  •  

Lulz, you are one of those duped by Jimbo The Magnifigant!

this is what a guaranteed $75M gets.  no desire or drive to win any games where you are the underdog. play not get embarrassed is the goal.
the fanbase is too stupid to realize the return on their investment.

Play to not get fired for cause is Jimbo's game. Get contract bought out by aggy tiny flopping dicks is Jimbo's game.

It's almost as if he's the sort of guy whose wife would not just cheat on him, but would do it repeatedly, without facing any real negative consequences.
No negative consequences?

Missing out on half of 75 mil is not a negative consequence?

Living in College Station after missing out on half of 75 million is not a negative consequence?

Uh, ok.

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Thesaurus skills are on point. Maybe you can challenge CTJ to a game of scrabble.

I’ve literally never lost a game of scrabble. I would love to play you fuckers. SydneyCarton once told me he was the Scrabble King just after we’d met. It was a grim, grim reckoning. I don’t think he’s ever played since. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve literally never lost a game of scrabble. I would love to play you fuckers. SydneyCarton once told me he was the Scrabble King just after we’d met. It was a grim, grim reckoning. I don’t think he’s ever played since. 

Fuck this nonsensical talk. Maybe I’ve missed it, but did the foot race happen?

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We need to make a surly scrabble app called Words With Assholes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

The ignore button exists.

true, and this is better, but not good enough

You've chosen to ignore content by MrPhlegm. Options 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

@SydneyCarton is the Washington Generals  of Surly.

VIP Intel: Where Texas A&M stands at every position

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONi

Texas A&M had a very big summer on the recruiting trail, especially in the months of June and July. The Aggies picked up 11 of their current 17 commitments in those two months.

Jimbo Fisher has said that, even though there are only a handful of seniors on the roster, A&M will sign a full allotment of 25 players in this class.

Almost all of the remaining targets are highly-ranked with offers from all over the country, so they are taking a bit more time and using their official visits.

A&M is still on track to land a very strong class, though. Here’s a look at where things stand with every position.

QUARTERBACK

Texas A&M picked up a commitment from Longview five-star Haynes King over the summer and are done at the position. The nation’s top dual-threat prospect plans to graduate early and enroll in January.

RUNNING BACK

Texas A&M picked up a surprise commitment from Georgia running back Deondre Jackson while he was on an official visit over the summer. The 5-foot-10.5, 201-pounder had just been offered by the Aggies a couple weeks before.

Jackson, who is off to a strong start through the first two games of his senior season, is likely to stick, unless the Aggies pick up a commitment from North Shore five-star Zachary Evans. Right now, though, Georgia the heavy favorite. Evans did not play this past week due to a coach’s decision, though, and you never know if other schools might slow down a bit. A&M will continue to go after him either way and will use distance as a factor but, right now, both Georgia and Alabama are in a better position.

The Aggies also want an all-purpose back or two and there are a trio of four-star targets at the moment – Daniyel Ngata out of California, Devon Achane of Fort Bend Marshall and EJ Smith of Dallas Jesuit.

Ngata had planned to commit before the end of the summer, but A&M was the only place he had officially visited. He wanted to see Arizona State and Oklahoma State before making a decision, so pushed things back a bit. He will be at Arizona State for an official in two weekends and will see Stillwater sometime in October. He plans to announce soon thereafter. A&M is in good shape for the nation’s top all-purpose back and every Crystal Ball prediction is for the Aggies. You can bet that others may try to use the Aggie depth chart and its youth against them but he is well-aware already.

Achane is a player that A&M absolutely loves. Many schools are recruiting him as a slot but he wants to play running back, and that is the position the Aggies have told him. That helps A&M a lot in his recruitment. The speedster wants to use all his official visits, but the only one he has set up at the moment is to Florida State on Marshall’s bye week in late October. A&M is in good position with him but he is an elite track recruit as well and that could come into play. Because of that – and because it wouldn’t be a huge shock to see teammate Malik Hornsby there – Houston is in decent shape. The Cougars have Olympian Leroy Burrell as their head coach and Carl Lewis on staff.

Smith is the wild card. The son of NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith plans to use all five of his officials so it remains to be seen if there would still be room should he choose the Aggies. He will be at A&M for the big Oct. 11 official visit weekend and has others set up to Florida, Georgia and Ohio State.

WIDE RECEIVER

A&M has perhaps the nation’s top wide receiver class and the Aggies are done at that position.

Demond Demas is a five-star and has the most athleticism of any recruit in recent memory. Though ineligible to play his senior season after transferring, he is still working out and getting ready for when he arrives at A&M in May.

Muhsin Muhammad III from Charlotte, N.C. committed in early June after making a pair of trips in the matter of weeks. He is solid in his pledge and plans to enroll early.

Four-star Troy Omeire of Fort Bend Austin was a big win over Texas when he committed to the Aggies in June. A&M loves what he will bring to College Station.

A&M Consolidated’s Devin Price was the final wideout commit in the class and the 6-foot-2.5, 201-pound senior has a lot of upside. He also plans to enroll early.

TIGHT END

A&M picked up a commitment this summer from Blake Smith out of Southlake Carroll. The 6-foot-5, 247-pounder was mainly a blocker as a junior, but impressed pretty much everyone that came by the school in the spring and racked up an impressive offer list. Through two games as a senior, he has been a bigger part of the passing game.

A&M will be okay with it if Smith is the only tight end in the class, but the Aggies are still going after the nation’s top prospect at the position.

Five-star Arik Gilbert out of Georgia took an unofficial visit to Aggieland in the spring. He was scheduled to officially visit in-state Georgia in two weeks but rescheduled that trip and will now be at A&M for an official instead. Right now, Alabama would be consider the leader with Clemson also in it. However, the 6-foot-5, 253-pound senior has switched his favorite multiple times, so you never know. A&M will definitely push Fisher’s history at the tight end position as Gilbert really wants to catch a lot of passes.

OFFENSIVE LINE

A&M has four commitments on the offensive line in four-star Fort Bend Kempner guard Akinola Ogunbiyi, Fort Bend Hightower guard Smart Chibuzo, The Woodlands College Park guard Josh Bankhead and Navasota center Jordan Jefferson.

Ogunbiyi was once a very early A&M commit before opening things up and eventually committing to Georgia. He made multiple trips to College Station over the summer, though, and switched back. Both he and Bankhead will assuredly be in the class.

Chibuzo will likely be in the class when all is said and done as well but the 6-foot-5, 330-pounder could potentially jeopardize his spot if he takes other official visits. He has talked about the possibility of taking them but, as of now, I would lean toward that not happening.

Jefferson was the first commitment in the country for the 2020 class when he made a pledge in February of his freshman year. However, it was a completely different staff that recruited him. Though he is still committed, I don’t expect him to be part of the signing class.

A&M has two major targets left. The most likely one to end up as an Aggie is four-star Chris Morris out of West Memphis, Ark. The national top-100 prospect could play several positions, but A&M thinks he is a tackle. He has been to College Station numerous times and the Aggies are considered the leader. Tennessee is also a team he has liked but A&M had the momentum even before the Vols’ struggles this year. Morris wants to commit on an official visit and it’s a good bet he does so while on his official to A&M the Oct. 12 weekend.

The other big target is four-star East Texas tackle Garrett Hayes of Athens. The national top-100 prospect is an Aggie legacy, but Arkansas has been on him the longest and he is also high on the Razorbacks. Hayes has not set official visits anywhere and has recruiting on the back burner at the moment.

Another guard/tackle prospect in Aaryn Parks out of Virginia has a tentative official set up to A&M in two weeks but Oklahoma is the heavy favorite. The Aggies also have not offered him at this point.

DEFENSIVE END

A&M landed one of its top overall targets in New Jersey pass rusher Fadil Diggs when the four-star committed in early May. The 6-foot-4, 233-pounder has been to Penn State since making his commitment and the Nittany Lions are at least worth keeping an eye on, but the Aggies are confident they sign him.

The Aggies want another pass rusher and the main target is Donell Harris out of Miami. Originally a member of the class of 2021, the national top-50 target reclassified over the summer. The good news for A&M is that several of his top schools had already filled up or had other high targets at his position. He made it to A&M for an unofficial in July and will be back on an official the Oct. 12 weekend. The Aggies are considered the leader, but in-state Florida is working to make things interesting.

Manor four-star strongside end Princely Umanmielen committed to Texas over the summer, but says he plans to still make his official to A&M the Oct. 12 weekend. Whether that actually happens is still a question mark, but he would be considered a longshot.

Bastrop Cedar Creek strongside end Alfred Collins is also scheduled to be in town for an official that weekend, but the Longhorn legacy is a heavy lean to Texas.

Four-star weakside end Jason Harris out of Arizona will also be there on an official visit that weekend but he has an older brother that plays for Arizona and his father also played for the Wildcats.

Class of 2020 four-star commit Braedon Mowry of Katy Taylor did not sign with A&M as he was working on his academics. There’s a good chance he makes it to College Station in January and, if that happens, he will count toward the 2021 class limit.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Not too long after Diggs committed, his good friend Isaiah Raikes also made a pledge to the Aggies. The New Jersey defensive tackle is strong in his commitment.

The Aggies also picked up another athletic defender this summer in Dallas Walker out of Tennessee. The 6-foot-4, 315-pounder is a bit raw at this point, but A&M loves his potential. He has played a lot of end, which shows his athleticism.

In addition to those two, the Aggies still have a pair of big targets.

Omari Thomas out of Memphis was originally ranked as an offensive lineman but A&M had in camp the summer of 2018 and loved him as a tackle. The national top-100 prospect is now ranked on the defense and has all five of his officials set for the fall. He will be in Aggieland the big Oct. 12 weekend and also has trips scheduled to Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn and Tennessee. The Aggies are in the thick of things with him.

The other major target is four-star McKinnley Jackson out of Mississippi. The one-time LSU commit was at A&M for an unofficial visit in July and, though he has not scheduled it yet, plans to return on an official. LSU, along with the two big in-state programs, are in pretty good shape with him at the moment.

LINEBACKER

Texas A&M signed four linebackers in the past class with two of them having been targets that emerged after the season. All four have impressed during their short times on campus already, so it makes the need for a big linebacker class this year not as high.

A&M has a commitment from Kenneth Phillips III of Fort Bend Bush after he earned an offer at camp over the summer. He is being recruited to play a bit of a hybrid role, but he doesn’t seem like a player that fits the current Rover position, so he could be more of a linebacker.

One of the two main uncommitted targets is Antonio Doyle out of St. Louis. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound defender was thought to be a heavy A&M lean in the spring before making a surprising commitment to in-state Missouri while on an official. He has since decommitted and now it looks like an A&M/Oklahoma battle with the Aggies having the edge at the moment. He plans to visit both places officially but doesn’t have dates yet.

The other top target will be a bit of a tougher pull in five-star Noah Sewell out of Utah. The 6-foot-2, 266-pound inside linebacker has been to A&M before unofficially and will return that Oct. 12 weekend. He also has an official scheduled to Georgia in two weeks, but Oregon has the edge at the moment as the Ducks have his older brother Penei plays offensive line for the team. A&M has him as a big priority target, though.

CORNERBACK

A&M has a pair of cornerback commit in five-star Jaylon Jones of Cibolo Steele and four-star Joshuah Moten out of Maryland. Both are solid in their pledges. Moten was previously a Penn State commit but opened things up right before taking an official to A&M in the spring.

The Aggies have another major target in four-star Dontae Manning out of Kansas City. The nation’s No. 103 overall prospect was committed to Oklahoma when he made an official visit to A&M the same weekend Moten did. He has since decommitted from the Sooners and Texas A&M is in good position. He says he plans to commit at the Under Armour All-American Game in early January, but it wouldn’t be a huge surprise to see him decide to do it sooner than then.

The Aggies are still working on four-star Ryan Watts out of Little Elm as well, despite him having committed to Oklahoma in the spring. He had originally planned to attend the Aggies’ recruiting barbecue this summer but was out of the country. He’s a bit of a longshot, but a name to at least watch.

Four-star Jacobe Covington out of Arizona had set up an official visit to A&M for the Sep. 21 weekend. However, he has since committed to Washington and the Huskies have a no-visit policy regarding other schools, so it seems unlikely he will make the trip. He is also likely more of a safety.

There is also still the possibility the Aggies go after a junior college prospect. They offered a few in the spring but have not been pursuing many of them heavily. They will definitely watch a lot of film on potential targets this season, though.

SAFETY

The Aggies do not have any safeties committed yet and really only plan to take one in the class now. Though Jones could potentially end up there – and was outstanding at safety during the Opening Finals – A&M is recruiting him as a corner.

The main target has been Antonio Johnson out of East St. Louis, Ill., but it was a surprise when he and a teammate committed to Tennessee while on an official visit in the spring. The four-star has since decommitted, though, and would like to have another decision made not too far down the road. This is pretty much a battle between A&M and Alabama. He plans to officially visit both places before deciding. The Aggies have the lead right now, but the Tide should never be discounted if they can get a player on campus.

The other big target is four-star Jordan Morant out of New Jersey. The 5-foot-11, 212-pound defender committed to Michigan in late June, but has remained open. In fact, he plans to officially visit A&M this coming weekend. Though not the most ideal game for a recruit, it is a bye week for his team and will likely be his only chance to visit for some time. It remains to be seen how hard the Aggies push at the moment but he is a player to definitely watch if things don’t work out with Johnson.

19 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

He plans to announce soon thereafter. A&M is in good shape for the nation’s top all-purpose back and every Crystal Ball prediction is for the Aggies. You can bet that others may try to use the Aggie depth chart and its youth against them but he is well-aware already.

nick offerman lol GIF

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

VIP Intel: Where Texas A&M stands at every position

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONi

Texas A&M had a very big summer on the recruiting trail, especially in the months of June and July. The Aggies picked up 11 of their current 17 commitments in those two months.

Jimbo Fisher has said that, even though there are only a handful of seniors on the roster, A&M will sign a full allotment of 25 players in this class.

Almost all of the remaining targets are highly-ranked with offers from all over the country, so they are taking a bit more time and using their official visits.

A&M is still on track to land a very strong class, though. Here’s a look at where things stand with every position.

QUARTERBACK

Texas A&M picked up a commitment from Longview five-star Haynes King over the summer and are done at the position. The nation’s top dual-threat prospect plans to graduate early and enroll in January.

RUNNING BACK

Texas A&M picked up a surprise commitment from Georgia running back Deondre Jackson while he was on an official visit over the summer. The 5-foot-10.5, 201-pounder had just been offered by the Aggies a couple weeks before.

Jackson, who is off to a strong start through the first two games of his senior season, is likely to stick, unless the Aggies pick up a commitment from North Shore five-star Zachary Evans. Right now, though, Georgia the heavy favorite. Evans did not play this past week due to a coach’s decision, though, and you never know if other schools might slow down a bit. A&M will continue to go after him either way and will use distance as a factor but, right now, both Georgia and Alabama are in a better position.

The Aggies also want an all-purpose back or two and there are a trio of four-star targets at the moment – Daniyel Ngata out of California, Devon Achane of Fort Bend Marshall and EJ Smith of Dallas Jesuit.

Ngata had planned to commit before the end of the summer, but A&M was the only place he had officially visited. He wanted to see Arizona State and Oklahoma State before making a decision, so pushed things back a bit. He will be at Arizona State for an official in two weekends and will see Stillwater sometime in October. He plans to announce soon thereafter. A&M is in good shape for the nation’s top all-purpose back and every Crystal Ball prediction is for the Aggies. You can bet that others may try to use the Aggie depth chart and its youth against them but he is well-aware already.

Achane is a player that A&M absolutely loves. Many schools are recruiting him as a slot but he wants to play running back, and that is the position the Aggies have told him. That helps A&M a lot in his recruitment. The speedster wants to use all his official visits, but the only one he has set up at the moment is to Florida State on Marshall’s bye week in late October. A&M is in good position with him but he is an elite track recruit as well and that could come into play. Because of that – and because it wouldn’t be a huge shock to see teammate Malik Hornsby there – Houston is in decent shape. The Cougars have Olympian Leroy Burrell as their head coach and Carl Lewis on staff.

Smith is the wild card. The son of NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith plans to use all five of his officials so it remains to be seen if there would still be room should he choose the Aggies. He will be at A&M for the big Oct. 11 official visit weekend and has others set up to Florida, Georgia and Ohio State.

WIDE RECEIVER

A&M has perhaps the nation’s top wide receiver class and the Aggies are done at that position.

Demond Demas is a five-star and has the most athleticism of any recruit in recent memory. Though ineligible to play his senior season after transferring, he is still working out and getting ready for when he arrives at A&M in May.

Muhsin Muhammad III from Charlotte, N.C. committed in early June after making a pair of trips in the matter of weeks. He is solid in his pledge and plans to enroll early.

Four-star Troy Omeire of Fort Bend Austin was a big win over Texas when he committed to the Aggies in June. A&M loves what he will bring to College Station.

A&M Consolidated’s Devin Price was the final wideout commit in the class and the 6-foot-2.5, 201-pound senior has a lot of upside. He also plans to enroll early.

TIGHT END

A&M picked up a commitment this summer from Blake Smith out of Southlake Carroll. The 6-foot-5, 247-pounder was mainly a blocker as a junior, but impressed pretty much everyone that came by the school in the spring and racked up an impressive offer list. Through two games as a senior, he has been a bigger part of the passing game.

A&M will be okay with it if Smith is the only tight end in the class, but the Aggies are still going after the nation’s top prospect at the position.

Five-star Arik Gilbert out of Georgia took an unofficial visit to Aggieland in the spring. He was scheduled to officially visit in-state Georgia in two weeks but rescheduled that trip and will now be at A&M for an official instead. Right now, Alabama would be consider the leader with Clemson also in it. However, the 6-foot-5, 253-pound senior has switched his favorite multiple times, so you never know. A&M will definitely push Fisher’s history at the tight end position as Gilbert really wants to catch a lot of passes.

OFFENSIVE LINE

A&M has four commitments on the offensive line in four-star Fort Bend Kempner guard Akinola Ogunbiyi, Fort Bend Hightower guard Smart Chibuzo, The Woodlands College Park guard Josh Bankhead and Navasota center Jordan Jefferson.

Ogunbiyi was once a very early A&M commit before opening things up and eventually committing to Georgia. He made multiple trips to College Station over the summer, though, and switched back. Both he and Bankhead will assuredly be in the class.

Chibuzo will likely be in the class when all is said and done as well but the 6-foot-5, 330-pounder could potentially jeopardize his spot if he takes other official visits. He has talked about the possibility of taking them but, as of now, I would lean toward that not happening.

Jefferson was the first commitment in the country for the 2020 class when he made a pledge in February of his freshman year. However, it was a completely different staff that recruited him. Though he is still committed, I don’t expect him to be part of the signing class.

A&M has two major targets left. The most likely one to end up as an Aggie is four-star Chris Morris out of West Memphis, Ark. The national top-100 prospect could play several positions, but A&M thinks he is a tackle. He has been to College Station numerous times and the Aggies are considered the leader. Tennessee is also a team he has liked but A&M had the momentum even before the Vols’ struggles this year. Morris wants to commit on an official visit and it’s a good bet he does so while on his official to A&M the Oct. 12 weekend.

The other big target is four-star East Texas tackle Garrett Hayes of Athens. The national top-100 prospect is an Aggie legacy, but Arkansas has been on him the longest and he is also high on the Razorbacks. Hayes has not set official visits anywhere and has recruiting on the back burner at the moment.

Another guard/tackle prospect in Aaryn Parks out of Virginia has a tentative official set up to A&M in two weeks but Oklahoma is the heavy favorite. The Aggies also have not offered him at this point.

DEFENSIVE END

A&M landed one of its top overall targets in New Jersey pass rusher Fadil Diggs when the four-star committed in early May. The 6-foot-4, 233-pounder has been to Penn State since making his commitment and the Nittany Lions are at least worth keeping an eye on, but the Aggies are confident they sign him.

The Aggies want another pass rusher and the main target is Donell Harris out of Miami. Originally a member of the class of 2021, the national top-50 target reclassified over the summer. The good news for A&M is that several of his top schools had already filled up or had other high targets at his position. He made it to A&M for an unofficial in July and will be back on an official the Oct. 12 weekend. The Aggies are considered the leader, but in-state Florida is working to make things interesting.

Manor four-star strongside end Princely Umanmielen committed to Texas over the summer, but says he plans to still make his official to A&M the Oct. 12 weekend. Whether that actually happens is still a question mark, but he would be considered a longshot.

Bastrop Cedar Creek strongside end Alfred Collins is also scheduled to be in town for an official that weekend, but the Longhorn legacy is a heavy lean to Texas.

Four-star weakside end Jason Harris out of Arizona will also be there on an official visit that weekend but he has an older brother that plays for Arizona and his father also played for the Wildcats.

Class of 2020 four-star commit Braedon Mowry of Katy Taylor did not sign with A&M as he was working on his academics. There’s a good chance he makes it to College Station in January and, if that happens, he will count toward the 2021 class limit.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Not too long after Diggs committed, his good friend Isaiah Raikes also made a pledge to the Aggies. The New Jersey defensive tackle is strong in his commitment.

The Aggies also picked up another athletic defender this summer in Dallas Walker out of Tennessee. The 6-foot-4, 315-pounder is a bit raw at this point, but A&M loves his potential. He has played a lot of end, which shows his athleticism.

In addition to those two, the Aggies still have a pair of big targets.

Omari Thomas out of Memphis was originally ranked as an offensive lineman but A&M had in camp the summer of 2018 and loved him as a tackle. The national top-100 prospect is now ranked on the defense and has all five of his officials set for the fall. He will be in Aggieland the big Oct. 12 weekend and also has trips scheduled to Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn and Tennessee. The Aggies are in the thick of things with him.

The other major target is four-star McKinnley Jackson out of Mississippi. The one-time LSU commit was at A&M for an unofficial visit in July and, though he has not scheduled it yet, plans to return on an official. LSU, along with the two big in-state programs, are in pretty good shape with him at the moment.

LINEBACKER

Texas A&M signed four linebackers in the past class with two of them having been targets that emerged after the season. All four have impressed during their short times on campus already, so it makes the need for a big linebacker class this year not as high.

A&M has a commitment from Kenneth Phillips III of Fort Bend Bush after he earned an offer at camp over the summer. He is being recruited to play a bit of a hybrid role, but he doesn’t seem like a player that fits the current Rover position, so he could be more of a linebacker.

One of the two main uncommitted targets is Antonio Doyle out of St. Louis. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound defender was thought to be a heavy A&M lean in the spring before making a surprising commitment to in-state Missouri while on an official. He has since decommitted and now it looks like an A&M/Oklahoma battle with the Aggies having the edge at the moment. He plans to visit both places officially but doesn’t have dates yet.

The other top target will be a bit of a tougher pull in five-star Noah Sewell out of Utah. The 6-foot-2, 266-pound inside linebacker has been to A&M before unofficially and will return that Oct. 12 weekend. He also has an official scheduled to Georgia in two weeks, but Oregon has the edge at the moment as the Ducks have his older brother Penei plays offensive line for the team. A&M has him as a big priority target, though.

CORNERBACK

A&M has a pair of cornerback commit in five-star Jaylon Jones of Cibolo Steele and four-star Joshuah Moten out of Maryland. Both are solid in their pledges. Moten was previously a Penn State commit but opened things up right before taking an official to A&M in the spring.

The Aggies have another major target in four-star Dontae Manning out of Kansas City. The nation’s No. 103 overall prospect was committed to Oklahoma when he made an official visit to A&M the same weekend Moten did. He has since decommitted from the Sooners and Texas A&M is in good position. He says he plans to commit at the Under Armour All-American Game in early January, but it wouldn’t be a huge surprise to see him decide to do it sooner than then.

The Aggies are still working on four-star Ryan Watts out of Little Elm as well, despite him having committed to Oklahoma in the spring. He had originally planned to attend the Aggies’ recruiting barbecue this summer but was out of the country. He’s a bit of a longshot, but a name to at least watch.

Four-star Jacobe Covington out of Arizona had set up an official visit to A&M for the Sep. 21 weekend. However, he has since committed to Washington and the Huskies have a no-visit policy regarding other schools, so it seems unlikely he will make the trip. He is also likely more of a safety.

There is also still the possibility the Aggies go after a junior college prospect. They offered a few in the spring but have not been pursuing many of them heavily. They will definitely watch a lot of film on potential targets this season, though.

SAFETY

The Aggies do not have any safeties committed yet and really only plan to take one in the class now. Though Jones could potentially end up there – and was outstanding at safety during the Opening Finals – A&M is recruiting him as a corner.

The main target has been Antonio Johnson out of East St. Louis, Ill., but it was a surprise when he and a teammate committed to Tennessee while on an official visit in the spring. The four-star has since decommitted, though, and would like to have another decision made not too far down the road. This is pretty much a battle between A&M and Alabama. He plans to officially visit both places before deciding. The Aggies have the lead right now, but the Tide should never be discounted if they can get a player on campus.

The other big target is four-star Jordan Morant out of New Jersey. The 5-foot-11, 212-pound defender committed to Michigan in late June, but has remained open. In fact, he plans to officially visit A&M this coming weekend. Though not the most ideal game for a recruit, it is a bye week for his team and will likely be his only chance to visit for some time. It remains to be seen how hard the Aggies push at the moment but he is a player to definitely watch if things don’t work out with Johnson.

My absolutely favorite part about this post is this gem:

Hey, we're including this five star in our write-up, because, YOU NEVER KNOW GUYS. Shit, why not add Bryan Bresee and Justin Flowe, because hey, you never know guys AMIRITE!?!?!

Jesus. This gif illustrates their recruiting reporter and their fucking fanbase, which I guess is redundant:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1