Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Hold the freakin' phone Miss Jackson...are you telling me that the guy was a senior backup and aggy gave him a scholarship?

Yes. Everyone here practically wet themselves from laughing so hard at those dipshits, and continued to do so reading post after post of their inevitable justification of why he wasn't a starter, why he was really good, why he was going to do great things at aTm, and a partridge in a pear tree. 

In other words, business as usual. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It isn’t a reverse jinx.  Aggy can very easily shut down that shit offense.  

Man, I don't see any reason for anyone to be this bullish about ATM's defense at this point. Elko is an excellent DC, sure. Malzahn is an excellent OC and he's got some talent, albeit inexperienced. 

To me, the biggest mismatch in this weekend's game is that Auburn DL against the ATM OL. It's a pretty gap in talent between those two units.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Man, I don't see any reason for anyone to be this bullish about ATM's defense at this point. Elko is an excellent DC, sure. Malzahn is an excellent OC and he's got some talent, albeit inexperienced. 

To me, the biggest mismatch in this weekend's game is that Auburn DL against the ATM OL. It's a pretty gap in talent between those two units.

That’s my hope too.  

28 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Aggy is better than Auburn.  They will win pretty easily.  That doesn’t mean aggy is good.  Auburn just sucks.  Their offense is brutal.  

They rushed for over 450 yards against their cupcake last Saturday and 200 against Oregon. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 1

How is A&M going to score?   It might be 3-0.  

It might be. Special teams will be huge, advantage auburn. Oregon has a real quarterback and he was uncomfortable as fuck all game. Nix is good, and he’ll get better. I like auburn straight up in this game, actually. It’s only a 4pt spread, Vegas got 1pt of confidence in aggy and 3 in the farmers. Give me auburn all day.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Auburn is not good. Aggy should win. I think this will be Aggys “huge win over a ranked SEC team” . The rollercoaster will be at all time night when Alabama rolls to town for the usual fall. 

I think you're drastically undervaluing Auburn.

Their defense is elite. Yes, I know S&P+ has its flaws but Auburn is 4th in adjusted defense. Their defensive line has 3 or 4 NFL guys. Their offense is a work in progress but looked the best it has been this weekend against Kent State. They put up 633 yards this weekend. 

I would be fairly surprised if A&M's offense can score more than 20 on Auburn's defense. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Welp, an ATM recruit is reaching out to Texas and Texas is listening. 

There are a great many of us on this board hoping like hell things stay as they are on this one. 

Fuuuuck that. What are we all missing on Omeire? Kid has a passion for hydration and Oklahoma drill or something?

57 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think you're drastically undervaluing Auburn.

Their defense is elite. Yes, I know S&P+ has its flaws but Auburn is 4th in adjusted defense. Their defensive line has 3 or 4 NFL guys. Their offense is a work in progress but looked the best it has been this weekend against Kent State. They put up 633 yards this weekend. 

I would be fairly surprised if A&M's offense can score more than 20 on Auburn's defense. 

Every year you predict A&M to fall flat on their face, you seem to be hoping and wishing more than watching.

37 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Do you know it's him or could it be a different recruit?

34 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The only other options are Demas, Jones, or those 2 cube OL we offered.

No one would have an issue with Jones.

Elsewhere is saying FWK is trying to get Demas to Texas after seeing what Texas' big receivers are doing this season.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

12 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Every year you predict A&M to fall flat on their face, you seem to be hoping and wishing more than watching.

I predicted 7-5 last year. About the same as this year. I just think Auburn is good. 

Ole Miss, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Miss State aren't good. 

Predicting them to finish around 6-6 to 8-4 seems like a very rational prediction based on previous years. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Welp, an ATM recruit is reaching out to Texas and Texas is listening. 

There are a great many of us on this board hoping like hell things stay as they are on this one. 

I heard he dunked on Jimbo at the bbq. #makethegif

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

This was my prediction last year-

"1) Projected S&P wins = 6.7. This is about right. Between 5-7 and 7-5 is where I think they finish. I definitely wouldn't have A&M as favorites against South Carolina but the win probabilities seem about right for the others.

2) Very little SR production on the offense. Lanfear (backup), Sutherland (always injured guard), and Trevor Wood (nope). A&M returns a lot of starters but it's still a fairly young/inexperienced roster on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not sure A&M's defense will be a dumpster fire barring a few more injuries but there's definitely potential with their offense. Questionable QB play, lack of talent on the OL, youth/lack of production at WR, only one viable TE with an offense that requires a TE, and no depth in general on the offensive side of the ball. This could be bad. 

3) A&M will probably take a significant hit on special teams losing Kirk, Tripucka and Jeff Banks."

So about right. Their defense was good last year and their offense had issues on the line and at QB. I think my only two misses were LSU (took a miracle/some blown calls) and South Carolina (only lost by 3 points and dominated the 2nd half). A&M's offense was "good" per S&P+ offense last year but it was meh at best if you watched them. They did find a legit TE last year (not so much this year). 

This year I would say my guess is between 6-6 and 8-4 but I feel tempted to say between 5-7 and 7-5 again because it took a couple miracles last year. I really think their upside is 7-5 at best but I'll give them an extra game this year. 

Texas State (W)

Clemson (L)

Lamar (W)

Auburn (L)

Arkansas (W)

Alabama (L)

Ole Miss (W)

Miss State (W)

UTSA (W)

South Carolina (W)

Georgia (L)

LSU (L)

Edited by texasstrong12

42 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I predicted 7-5 last year. About the same as this year. I just think Auburn is good. 

Ole Miss, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Miss State aren't good. 

Predicting them to finish around 6-6 to 8-4 seems like a very rational prediction based on previous years. 

aid103746-v4-728px-Clean-a-Toilet-Step-1

• Haha 1