Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Siap... Watch out @closetojumping they are watching you... 😂 

b_CHL-nL_bigger.jpg   West Point Horn.  @WestPointHorn
·
12m.  Replying to.  @R_Brauninger
Brauny, Texas sites had this rumor on Monday.
11:30 AM · Sep 20, 2019

ctj is going to need a new phone number soon. 

Just now, texifornia said:

What kind of idiot would turn down the opportunity to catch passes from THE Haynes King? (I assume this guy didn't watch the TJT game)

Reveal hidden contents

EE7EPvlXoAMmf4E?format=jpg&name=360x360EE7EP6VXUAAr-58?format=png&name=360x360EE7ERneWsAAhya4?format=jpg&name=360x360EE7ER3dWkAAUcyh?format=jpg&name=360x360

Haynes King SR stats - 1 TD 5 INT and what was it 55% completion %. This on a team that is MURDERING people. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 6/10/2019 at 1:32 PM, Neonmoon said:

Let's see what I can do hear. Part 1 (1:14:00 - 1:23:30)

Gabe: Troy Omeire commiting to Texas A&M on Saturday. What's your reaction?

Looch: Well, We've been kind of waiting on that one, thinking it's about to go down. That's why we kept saying this has a chance to be one of the...I've been doing tis a long time. I think his addition. an dyou keep this three intact. Muhamman, he, and Demas. He just capped off, as far as, whatever you add to it,  then you start talking about Is this the best overall haul. We thought it was best haul in 2013, but it ended up being an abject disaster. Complete failure. At the top though, three guys like this. I haven't seen A&M sign three guys like this, maybe at almost any position. Remember we are going off recruiting ranking, and hype of them coming in. You migh have to go back to some of those like RB and LB classes that RC put together. To start talkign about a specfici position haul being that good 1, 2, 3. O-Line, You could say Joeckel, Ced, and Matthews. That could be fairly close. 

Brauny: Defensive Line last class would be close. Leal. 

Gabe: The last two classes string together. 

Looch: Yeah, you're right, but you're stringing. You said lets combine two classes, you said let's add a player. You could add a guy like Scooby Carter to that DB haul last year. And you have to sign these guys. , But as it is, Omeire pushes this thing over the top. It has Roy Williams, BJ Johnson, Sloane Thomas and Roy ended up gbeing the star of that group, I don't know if the other guy ended up a whole lot, they were solid though. It's that kind of group. But with Troy, he's a different guy. I love the size they're adding to the position. I love the kind of diversity of different styles they're adding.  In person, He's almost built like a Ricky-Seals Jones. He's that big, almost. He's gained a little weight since then, he's filled out. I think he can slim down and gain that step. Or continue to fill out and he's a matchup nightmare. His body size, his ability to make plays on the football. For his size, he can run. Kind of like what you see for Jhamon Aubson, they don't have to throw it. You know you don't see Jhamon getting down the field as much. And I think you'll see more of that this year. I don't think they have thave to do it with him. Troy is bigger. I'm trying to think of which receivers A&M has that are as big as him. Chapman? 

Brany: Dylan Wright will be the closest from last year's class. 

Looch: Yeah but he's not as tall. (mumbling) Troy's going to look like 6, a legit 6-4 Jhamon. 

Gabe: And then you think about the factor, Demond Demas and the attention he's going to get, and how good we think he is

Looch: What about Baylor Cupp, wonder what that's gonna do. They're building something. 

Gabe: Where a true scheme guy will be able to build around these weapons. You have Demond Demas, Baylor Cupp, and Omeire gets a lot of single coverage.  

Looch: They key is how you continue to recruit the O-Line. Because you're gonna have freaking weapons. I know everyone is talking about RB, but They're gonna get somebody, and they're going to get somebody good. And it might be one of the four guys everyone's crying about when it's all said and done. They already have good running backs. And they're gonna hit one of these elite ones, whether it's this year, or they get a really good one this year. If they go find another Corbin or get another Spiller. Or if it's Camar Wheaton next year. 

Brauny: He is unreal. If you haven't seen his tape, go watch it. 

Looch: Is he next year's Demas?

Brauny: (blah blah)

Looch:  Let's not get head of it, you cap off this year's receiver haul,  with last year and some of those guys, particularly Dylan Wright, and I'm bullish on him, and have been, that was a huge head to head get between A&M and Texas, and by the way, the one this weekend was as well, with Troy, and Texad does the thing they do, they start to feel nervous and they start to put out through their various mouthpieces that they're backing away.  It's how it happens since Herman's been there. They try desparately to like where you can see the desparation on social media to control the narrative. In some ways it's working for them. In ways its not like this one, where its way obivous. 

Brauny: (who gives a fuck)

Looch: That's just funny, it's funny though, isn't it, that Texas does this who's going to give you the football routine, while they were saying that, they had Bru McCoy on campus before they ran him off, um and he caught on to that miserable letch that is Tom Herman and all the lies he spends. . they had Bru, they had Jake Smith, who again, Jordan Whittington, what is this, the greatest haul in the history of the game, as they would lead you to believe. The guys they signed the year before that. Texas has receivers too. Every team is going to recuirt 3 to 4 receivers per year. That's what A&M is doing. (more rambling blah blah)

The greatest A&M WR class ever took a hit today. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Looch:  Let's not get head of it, you cap off this year's receiver haul,  with last year and some of those guys, particularly Dylan Wright, and I'm bullish on him, and have been, that was a huge head to head get between A&M and Texas, and by the way, the one this weekend was as well, with Troy, and Texad does the thing they do, they start to feel nervous and they start to put out through their various mouthpieces that they're backing away.  It's how it happens since Herman's been there. They try desparately to like where you can see the desparation on social media to control the narrative. In some ways it's working for them. In ways its not like this one, where its way obivous. 

Moar please. 

Spoiler

Omeire flips to Texas

18,957 Views | 217 Replies | 

Ryan Brauninger

11:03a 

Staff

In a move completely out of left field, Troy Omeire has flipped from A&M to Texas. 

We're running down the reasoning now.

Ryan Brauninger

11:04a 

Staff

I'll say this:

I talked to some folks about Troy's visit last weekend, and they seemed to think it was business as usual. He and his mom even talked about returning for the Auburn game. 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Apache •  11:19a 

Staff

Apache said:

Have to wonder if numbers are an issue.
Next year we'll have 
6 - Sr. (probably)
1 - Jr.
6 - So. or RS Freshman
3 committed freshman coming in. Troy would be 4 & we are still looking to add Achane who would be APB & talk touches away from WR.

Based on the intel I'm getting, you're pretty close. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:23a 

Staff

This recruitment had swung back and forth before Troy made his commitment. LSU was even the quiet leader for a few weeks. 

It sounds to me like Troy has always liked Texas and his inner circle thought A&M was the best fit so he's probably been struggling with that. I also fully believe the depth chart at wideout was a concern. 

If you're looking for a bright side, the Aggies will be more than ok at receiver. A three man haul of Demas, Muhammad, and Price to go along with the freshman on campus now will make for a group that's plenty, plenty talented. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:24a 

Staff

I also talked to a prospect who was in town last week that did say Troy seemed a bit more distant than usual throughout the visit. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:33a 

Staff

Let me also just say (again) Devin Price is really good. 

A&M will be fine at receiver. 

I agree they need someone who can take the top off, but they were already going to throw the sink at Achane anyway.

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Goro Majima •  11:35a 

Staff

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)

pantherag said:

Yeah you should get ripped. That's a dumb take. 

Goro Majima said:

If something changes, I'll take my L. Until then, we're currently getting our ass kicked by the sips and have a not so great team.

I'm calling it like I see it.

If it changes, I'll eat crow.

Typically what happens when people post stuff like this is that they do come back to eat their crow when times are good, but my issue is that they're back to being negative nancies as soon as the next piece of adversity hits...then only to say, "if I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow."

Just seems like it becomes a never ending cycle. 

1edit 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Oknows •  11:37a 

Staff

No. Not at all.

What I was saying was that they needed that guy even with Omeire in the fold. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:50a 

Staff

More sources indicating Omeire had always had his eye on Texas. 

That's where most folks close to him believe he wanted to go from the get go. Mom was a fan of A&M and Jimbo. 

Still working on figuring out if A&M goes back into the receiver market or if that spot will be used elsewhere. I'm leaning toward elsewhere at the moment. 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to zagman •  11:54a 

Staff

zagman said:

Texas puts a lot of wideouts on the field and rotates 2-3 deep sometimes. They are about to lose 1-2 guys after this year.

We put at most 3 on 95% of plays and barely if ever rotate 2 deep.

And we are slated to have every single guy return next year, plus current recruits.

I think it's as simple as that.

Apt. 

Jason Howell

12:17p 

Staff

If the Aggies decide to target another receiver, I think he's going to have to be a special talent with Demond Demas, Devin Price, and Muhsin Muhammad III in the class and the number of high priority targets still left on the board. 

A couple guys I could see getting attention would be Jaxon Smith-Njiba (Ohio State commit) and Marvin Mims (Stanford commit). Both have been pursued by Texas A&M in the past and both are in-state guys having big senior seasons. I'll be honest I'm not sure how warm the reception would be with either of them, but those are a couple of guys having big years who have been talked about in the past. If the staff wanted to go with someone closer to Omeire's skillset, Midland Lee's Loic Fouonji could be someone to watch. He's off to a great start this year with 11 rec for 361 yards and 7 TDs.

Just a couple few thoughts

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They sure are putting a lot of faith in a kid from North Carolina with no ties to the university sticking in the class.

If they lose this weekend and another besides Bama', UGA, and LSU, I bet a lot of the OOS commits start to have 2nd thoughts and look around.  On the flip side most of the OOS commits are bread.

Texas puts a lot of wideouts on the field and rotates 2-3 deep sometimes. They are about to lose 1-2 guys after this year.

And we are slated to have every single guy return next year, plus current recruits.

This is shockingly well-reasoned

• Like 1

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

If they lose this weekend and another besides Bama', UGA, and LSU, I bet a lot of the OOS commits start to have 2nd thoughts and look around.  On the flip side most of the OOS commits are bread.

Fadil Diggs would hurt, he's really good. Muhammad's a nice piece as well. That kid from Missouri they're about to get that Bama passed on would also be a blow.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

It is still sad that if this is the case, they are taking the DL coach's son over him...

It is almost like Jimbo wanted to keep taking skill guys to bump up his class rankings and then realized "oh shit" we dont have any real CB's, OT's and not enough RB's on the roster and knew he couldn't cut Price without daddy thinking about leaving as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Except it's wrong. We also run 3 WR sets pretty much exclusively. We rotate 2 deep but it's not anything like how we pitch to DBs. 

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They sure are putting a lot of faith in a kid from North Carolina with no ties to the university sticking in the class.

Bah gawd that's Mack's music

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Omeire flips to Texas

18,957 Views | 217 Replies | 

Ryan Brauninger

11:03a 

Staff

In a move completely out of left field, Troy Omeire has flipped from A&M to Texas. 

We're running down the reasoning now.

Ryan Brauninger

11:04a 

Staff

I'll say this:

I talked to some folks about Troy's visit last weekend, and they seemed to think it was business as usual. He and his mom even talked about returning for the Auburn game. 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Apache •  11:19a 

Staff

Apache said:

Have to wonder if numbers are an issue.
Next year we'll have 
6 - Sr. (probably)
1 - Jr.
6 - So. or RS Freshman
3 committed freshman coming in. Troy would be 4 & we are still looking to add Achane who would be APB & talk touches away from WR.

Based on the intel I'm getting, you're pretty close. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:23a 

Staff

This recruitment had swung back and forth before Troy made his commitment. LSU was even the quiet leader for a few weeks. 

It sounds to me like Troy has always liked Texas and his inner circle thought A&M was the best fit so he's probably been struggling with that. I also fully believe the depth chart at wideout was a concern. 

If you're looking for a bright side, the Aggies will be more than ok at receiver. A three man haul of Demas, Muhammad, and Price to go along with the freshman on campus now will make for a group that's plenty, plenty talented. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:24a 

Staff

I also talked to a prospect who was in town last week that did say Troy seemed a bit more distant than usual throughout the visit. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:33a 

Staff

Let me also just say (again) Devin Price is really good. 

A&M will be fine at receiver. 

I agree they need someone who can take the top off, but they were already going to throw the sink at Achane anyway.

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Goro Majima •  11:35a 

Staff

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)

pantherag said:

Yeah you should get ripped. That's a dumb take. 

Goro Majima said:

If something changes, I'll take my L. Until then, we're currently getting our ass kicked by the sips and have a not so great team.

I'm calling it like I see it.

If it changes, I'll eat crow.

Typically what happens when people post stuff like this is that they do come back to eat their crow when times are good, but my issue is that they're back to being negative nancies as soon as the next piece of adversity hits...then only to say, "if I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow."

Just seems like it becomes a never ending cycle. 

1edit 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Oknows •  11:37a 

Staff

No. Not at all.

What I was saying was that they needed that guy even with Omeire in the fold. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:50a 

Staff

More sources indicating Omeire had always had his eye on Texas. 

That's where most folks close to him believe he wanted to go from the get go. Mom was a fan of A&M and Jimbo. 

Still working on figuring out if A&M goes back into the receiver market or if that spot will be used elsewhere. I'm leaning toward elsewhere at the moment. 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to zagman •  11:54a 

Staff

zagman said:

Apt. 

Jason Howell

12:17p 

Staff

If the Aggies decide to target another receiver, I think he's going to have to be a special talent with Demond Demas, Devin Price, and Muhsin Muhammad III in the class and the number of high priority targets still left on the board. 

A couple guys I could see getting attention would be Jaxon Smith-Njiba (Ohio State commit) and Marvin Mims (Stanford commit). Both have been pursued by Texas A&M in the past and both are in-state guys having big senior seasons. I'll be honest I'm not sure how warm the reception would be with either of them, but those are a couple of guys having big years who have been talked about in the past. If the staff wanted to go with someone closer to Omeire's skillset, Midland Lee's Loic Fouonji could be someone to watch. He's off to a great start this year with 11 rec for 361 yards and 7 TDs.

Just a couple few thoughts

lulz, did not take them long to find some spin. 

This along with the KKK vs luicci's coke distribution, great week indeed.