Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I love Looch that says A&Ms defense held these teams to low point totals. He’s forgetting Jimbo’s archaic offense is about ball control and giving the opponent less time to score 

If Bama doesn't score 40+ it will be because Saban took the foot off the gas in the third quarter. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that line stuck out like a sore thumb.
They aren't even remotely becoming Texas. Texas is self-critical in a continuous quest for excellence. Texas fans have been bitching about a bloated athletics administration for a decade, and are ready to flay any coach who mails it in without a second thought. Meanwhile aggy would rather die than admit they've made any mistakes, and make idols of any coach wearing maroon.
The reason there's trophies in one school's hall of fame, and a lost John Travolta in the other, is that only one of those schools is a cult instead of a university.
Lost John Travolta lmao

Just now, GotThatFire said:

Brian Williams redshirted? In THAT secondary?

I think he's projecting a RS because Williams has only played in the Lamar game.

The reality is that Williams scratched all of his 40 times for a reason and his 4.47 shuttle make him slower than our LBs in a straight line and in change-of-direction. He's topped out physically but he's a smart football player. The difference is that Demani Rhichardson is a smart player who is also very big, very fast, and very athletic. Carper appears to have pushed Slo'Neal off the field, so Wiliams is running 3rd team behind Carper and Leon. In THAT secondary. 

It's funny that Demani Richardson isn't on this wish-casted depth chart but Williams and Doyle are. The good stuff. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

we should go for broke for urban

Hide contents

EFrjPdXXUAEHXwl?format=png&name=360x360EFrjP3CXkAA7Bpl?format=jpg&name=smallEFrjQQhXoAM-iFo?format=jpg&name=smallEFrjQuZXUAE9xKd?format=jpg&name=small

To paraphrase another Surly-ite from a few weeks back, it will never not be funny to see a douchenozzle aggy fan (sorry for redundancy) make light of a conference that aggy won a grand total of one time in 16 seasons. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Yeah, that line stuck out like a sore thumb.

They aren't even remotely becoming Texas. Texas is self-critical in a continuous quest for excellence. Texas fans have been bitching about a bloated athletics administration for a decade, and are ready to flay any coach who mails it in without a second thought. Meanwhile aggy would rather die than admit they've made any mistakes, and make idols of any coach wearing maroon.

The reason there's trophies in one school's hall of fame, and a lost John Travolta in the other, is that only one of those schools is a cult instead of a university.

This is the correct analysis. You nailed it. That is why those dipshits did $75 Million guaranteed. No possible way Jizzbo won't work out.

Can't wait to see what it takes for them to get the next coach.

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

To paraphrase another Surly-ite from a few weeks back, it will never not be funny to see a douchenozzle aggy fan (sorry for redundancy) make light of a conference that aggy won a grand total of one time in 16 seasons. 

If they'd added an SEC patch to their jerseys while they were in the BDF, they would have been undefeated in the BDF. 

The patch is everything.

Edited by RomaVicta
It should be jersies instead of jerseys. I have no remorse.
  • Like 1

I had a 5 year plan because I had a 5 year contract. If I’d had a 3 year contract, I’d have had a 3 year plan.  -John McCay, Tampa bay bucs coach. 

Well aggy, you gave jimbo a 10 year contract, so you’re only on year 2 of his 10 year plan. What incentive does he have to push himself?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I had a 5 year plan because I had a 5 year contract. If I’d had a 3 year contract, I’d have had a 3 year plan.  -John McCay, Tampa bay bucs coach. 

Well aggy, you gave jimbo a 10 year contract, so you’re only on year 2 of his 10 year plan. What incentive does he have to push himself?

shit, what does that make the "Hundred Year Decision"....????

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I love Looch that says A&Ms defense held these teams to low point totals. He’s forgetting Jimbo’s archaic offense is about ball control and giving the opponent less time to score 

It's obvious to anyone with a brain who watched that Clemson didn't score a lot of points on aggy because they weren't trying to. They didn't need to. They had basically shut it down by the mid-2nd quarter. Lawrence wasn't very good, either. It certainly wasn't because of some staunch aggy defense. Those rubes believe anything that makes them look better.

Just now, Tex Pete said:

It's obvious to anyone with a brain who watched that Clemson didn't score a lot of points on aggy because they weren't trying to. They didn't need to. They had basically shut it down by the mid-2nd quarter. Lawrence wasn't very good, either. It certainly wasn't because of some staunch aggy defense. Those rubes believe anything that makes them look better.

Ross dropped a ton of passes too, including a couple first downs and a likely TD.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jimbo was taking some of his $75MM guaranteed and paying these players to shave points to make it look more respectable.  

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

attrition at WR for aggy - we knew it was coming  - Roshaud Paul to redshirt per Jimbo's press conference today. So they've still got to lose like 17? something like that. 

Wouldn't that be the opposite of attrition? Unless you mean in the sense that he's prepping to transfer.

Also, he's been their starting kick returner for a long while. Funny.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wouldn't that be the opposite of attrition? Unless you mean in the sense that he's prepping to transfer.

Also, he's been their starting kick returner for a long while. Funny.

per HammLite ::

Paul was an early enrollee, so I assume he is close to graduating. My guess is he will be a grad transfer somewhere with two years of eligibility remaining.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Clemson has been hit or miss on offense so far. Lawrence and Etienne haven't found their groove yet.

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

In the 1st hour of texags radio, Gabe and Olin were treating it like a post mortem. It felt like a loss to them, how they were breaking it down. 

Then the mood seemed to change in the 2nd hour onward. That if you think Kellen Mond is a problem, "you just don't know football." That if you just have 1 or 2 plays go your way here and there, that they win by 18+ points, while still needing to improve in areas. 

And it just so happened that when that narrative started changing in the 2nd hour - one William Liucci had come on the show the rest of the way to give his thoughts about the gamr. Hmmm. Funny how that works. 

One of the funniest lines from Looch in this: "If I could have bet all the money I had, I would have bet that A&M wouldn't have covered that line Saturday. Guaranteed. Now I know on Friday's show I officially picked A&M to cover the spread..." LMAO

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/uh6-GEFFqWc/0122539-wahb.mp3

I'm swamped at work right now, so I can't get to the transcription but damn. In a few sentences, Looch says they only have a bunch of 2 stars on the O-Line and there is a talent gap going up against Auburn, Clemson, Alabama, even Arkansas... but still says there are mutliple NFL players on the O-Line. It's pretty stunning actually. 

• Like 2

Just now, Neonmoon said:

I'm swamped at work right now, so I can't get to the transcription but damn. In a few sentences, Looch says they only have a bunch of 2 stars on the O-Line and there is a talent gap going up against Auburn, Clemson, Alabama, even Arkansas... but still says there are mutliple NFL players on the O-Line. It's pretty stunning actually. 

I’m betting those players fared well in the Liucci 44.  

Liucci is one hell of a football mind and talent evaluator.  

53 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

well yes of course, it isn't Jimbo's fault because he doesn't have all his guys and Sumlin was lazy and recruited like shit. But for all you recruits or rubes that are subscribers that might be listening, they'll still go the NFL because SEC. 

That'll be 9.95   

Edited by Dennis Taylor

How long until Liucci starts following Fisher's lead and blaming the intelligence of the players for aggy's shortcomings? I mean Jimbo is clearly calling and coaching at a National Championship level. If only the players could execute and understand the complexity of his coaching genius, aggy might be undefeated this year.

Edited by Sejjr

3 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

How long until Liucci starts following Fisher's lead and blaming the intelligence of the players for aggy's shortcomings? I mean Jimbo is clearly calling and coaching at a National Championship level. If only the players could execute and understand the complexity of his coaching genius, aggy might be undefeated this year.

He runs freaking "drills" in camp to have the players line up and then at the whistle, jog to the sideline. How anybody could be fooled into thinking that this guy could "coach" better than a powdered donut is beyond me.

Jimbo Fisher is an arrogant ass, but that could be forgiven, since any good coach worth his salt is more or less an arrogant ass. The problem is, Jimbo is also lazy and stupid. Combined with arrogant, that's a deadly combination.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

This is true and the fact Clemson kind of looks like ass this year. Trevor Lawrence isn't what most thought he would be. Clemson will still run the table though because they might not play a top 25 team all year. 

29 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

"Even though they seem so well-spoken, don't let it fool you." - Chin Pubes.