Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

1 hour ago, slorch said:

revisionist history?

mayfield walked on at Tech.  he played well, but turned the ball over a lot too.  Webb played well in his stead.  As the end of the season approached, Baker regained his health.  cKK told him he;d have to beat out Davis Webb to start the Holiday Bowl.

The Mayfield quit.  period.  Fuck the team.  Fuck e'ryone.  Fuck the NCAA too 'cause they won't let me go where I want.... on and on.  he badmouthed Kliff on the way out, as well as Tech; when it was all unnecessary.

You cannot look at his history and just proclaim it was part of his plan.

So fuck him.

and fuck your Bowl superiority complex.  Who's the last coach you saw make it to a bowl game starting two Freshman QBs for the whole season?  add to that, inheriting a program devestated by Tommy tuberville prior to cKK's arrival.  Baker could have done something at Tech.  he pussed out.   It turned out well on the field.  Good for him.

Off the field, he'll always be an oozing cunt.

You can accuse us of being butthurt, but you're wrong.  Tech has had many QB transfers through the years from Chris Todd to phillip Dougherty to jacob Karam at memphis and Clayton Nichols to Bowling green, among others.  Nothing but best wishes were extended for these guys.

Thanks for Kliff Kingsbury/Texas Tech version of the events.

Mayfield thought KK was indecisive & spineless. History proved him right

Kliff didn't cowtow to Mayfield and won the Bowl game with Webb.

After that Baker would have ridden the bench anyhoo.

For all of Kliff's drawbacks, neither of what you accuse is true.

Edited by slorch

Kliff didn't cowtow to Mayfield and won the Bowl game with Webb.

After that Baker would have ridden the bench anyhoo.

For all of Kliff's drawbacks, neither of what you accuse is true.

If I recall correctly, Baker wanted a scholarship. KK jerked him around and Baker was wondering why the starter cannot get a scholarship but the bench riders can.

Your opinions are all wrong. Kingsbury acted foolishly.

8 minutes ago, Nivek said:

If I recall correctly, Baker wanted a scholarship. KK jerked him around and Baker was wondering why the starter cannot get a scholarship but the bench riders can.

you do not recall correctly.

20 minutes ago, the said:

Stop derailing the thread dumbass. Just marvel in the fact that Baker is the highest NFL drafted QB than anything horns have ever produced. 

You’ve logged onto the wrong website, micropeen. www up top shoulda told you. 

Edited by Tex Pete

2 hours ago, slorch said:

revisionist history?

mayfield walked on at Tech.  he played well, but turned the ball over a lot too.  Webb played well in his stead.  As the end of the season approached, Baker regained his health.  cKK told him he;d have to beat out Davis Webb to start the Holiday Bowl.

The Mayfield quit.  period.  Fuck the team.  Fuck e'ryone.  Fuck the NCAA too 'cause they won't let me go where I want.... on and on.  he badmouthed Kliff on the way out, as well as Tech; when it was all unnecessary.

You cannot look at his history and just proclaim it was part of his plan.

So fuck him.

and fuck your Bowl superiority complex.  Who's the last coach you saw make it to a bowl game starting two Freshman QBs for the whole season?  add to that, inheriting a program devestated by Tommy tuberville prior to cKK's arrival.  Baker could have done something at Tech.  he pussed out.   It turned out well on the field.  Good for him.

Off the field, he'll always be an oozing cunt.

You can accuse us of being butthurt, but you're wrong.  Tech has had many QB transfers through the years from Chris Todd to phillip Dougherty to jacob Karam at memphis and Clayton Nichols to Bowling green, among others.  Nothing but best wishes were extended for these guys.

Uhhh....does Tech not deserve every bit of criticism that they get? Mahomes was great and they won like 6 games a year with him...what a waste.

Boo hoo, Mayfield talked shit about them. He was right, they fucking blow ass. They should have never fired Leach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gigglebush said:

I mean, Baker would have road[2] the bench behind Mahomes too and it still would have been the right decision. As good as Baker is Kliff just had/created an embarrassment of riches at QB

1) It would have been a good fight, but Baker might have been like Brady at Michigan. Drew Henson was supposed to be the young stud and Brady said "No so fast, bitch."

2)... 

Spoiler

..."Road" is a noun.

I think that you meant to write "rode", which is the past tense of the verb "to ride".

That being said, you should have written* "ridden", because that's the past participle that would come after "would have".

*Notice how I used the past participle of the verb "to write"? I didn't write "wrote", because the past tense is not called for there.

18 hours ago, Nivek said:

17 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Uhhh....does Tech not deserve every bit of criticism that they get? Mahomes was great and they won like 6 games a year with him...what a waste.

Boo hoo, Mayfield talked shit about them. He was right, they fucking blow ass. They should have never fired Leach.

16 hours ago, Nivek said:

Slorch, you've got a big blind spot, my man.  I like Tech.  I was born in Lubbock and have tons of family there as I've said countless times.  My uncle lived next door to the Pirate.  I don't want them to suck and be a pack of idiots...but they suck and are a pack of idiots.  I mean the administration that ran off Leach.  

Slorch, you've got a big blind spot, my man.  I like Tech.  I was born in Lubbock and have tons of family there as I've said countless times.  My uncle lived next door to the Pirate.  I don't want them to suck and be a pack of idiots...but they suck and are a pack of idiots.  I mean the administration that ran off Leach.  

One of my relatives coached there and was on the staff that designed their logo.

Slorch just needs to tell me what stocks not to buy.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

i don't know of anyone who has hammered Tech more for the Leach debacle.  Seriously.  Tech administration had jack shit to do with baker leaving, but I call them out on PLENTY!!!

It was 100% about not being GIVEN the starting job after he rehabbed the injury.

He can say it was about the scholarship, but 1) who the fuck was awarded a scholly in his stead before his departure?  It's public record, so nobody can tell us who it was, because it never happened and 2) for his play on the field, Newcomer of the Year in the Big XII, why would anyone expect Kliff to tell him "Well, we're gonna need  to see a little more from ya, Baker?"

Oh and then there was Webb and the Mahomes kid...  let's face it, there was ZERO chance he'd face that kind of competition at any other school in the country.

Lastly, Baker's behavior since has made it inconceivable that any such douchebaggery was possible on his part, right?  The petty back and forth with others just screams emotional maturity, right?  The running from the cops thingy...OOPS!  camera, bitch!

I don't need your approval to get the story straight.  Run your narrative however you'd like though... it's like Raider Power on here all of the sudden.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

i don't know of anyone who has hammered Tech more for the Leach debacle.  Seriously.  Tech administration had jack shit to do with baker leaving, but I call them out on PLENTY!!!

It was 100% about not being GIVEN the starting job after he rehabbed the injury.

He can say it was about the scholarship, but 1) who the fuck was awarded a scholly in his stead before his departure?  It's public record, so nobody can tell us who it was, because it never happened and 2) for his play on the field, Newcomer of the Year in the Big XII, why would anyone expect Kliff to tell him "Well, we're gonna need  to see a little more from ya, Baker?"

Oh and then there was Webb and the Mahomes kid...  let's face it, there was ZERO chance he'd face that kind of competition at any other school in the country.

Lastly, Baker's behavior since has made it inconceivable that any such douchebaggery was possible on his part, right?  The petty back and forth with others just screams emotional maturity, right?  The running from the cops thingy...OOPS!  camera, bitch!

I don't need your approval to get the story straight.  Run your narrative however you'd like though... it's like Raider Power on here all of the sudden.

During the aftermath of the transfer and war of words between Kliff and the Mayfields, I remember national sports people claiming that Kliff should have put him on scholarship.  But schools only have 85 schollies.  I heard a few guys on TheTicket claim that he should have been put on scholarship as soon as he had a few good games early in the 2013 season.  But Tech could not have done that no matter how bad they wanted to.  If you have 85 on, you can't just stop in the middle of the season and kick one guy off just to give Baker one, no matter how good he was.  

The story from Kliff has always been that Baker was put on the list and as soon as one became available, he would be on a schollie. A few players were promised one before him.  Because of attrition, every player ahead of him, that was promised one before him, would have been taken care of by the end of spring.  Mayfield was going to be on a scholarship and no longer be a walk on by the beginning of the Summer of 2014.  He had an outside shot of getting one before spring, but Kliff had to wait and see who transferred or left.  Mayfield simply didn't want to compete for the starting job and wanted to be at OU anyway.  He saw an out and left.  No one blames him for that.  But going scorched earth on the way out and presenting a false narrative was what upset people. 

And I am amazed at how many sports media people claim that any of this went down because of Mahomes.  Mahomes didn't get to Lubbock until  June of 2014.  Mayfield was gone after finals in the Fall of 2013 and attending OU months before Mahomes moved to Lubbock.  If you hear any of them bring Mahomes into the discussion, they don't know what they're talking about.  And a lot of them don't

7 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

For those of you butthurt about people here not liking Baker, I'm definitely on his side in his feud with Cowherd

A "did not know that shit" stat: If Baker gets 3 more touchdowns, he breaks the rookie record in 4 less games, (12 starts)...

Edited by kopp0e

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

A "did not know that shit" stat: If Baker gets 3 more touchdowns, he breaks the rookie record in 4 less games, (12 starts)...

yeah it is a big deal but has more to do with the recent shift in the NFL away from the running game than it does with him being some kind of great quarterback.  right now he’s already thrown more tds in a regular season than troy aikman ever did. 

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

For those of you butthurt about people here not liking Baker, I'm definitely on his side in his feud with Cowherd

Cowherd was right when he said Baker was immature yesterday. Not sure how that’s even debatable.  

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

And he would have had it by now, but you know...Hue.

Hue Jackson decided to start Tyrod Taylor over Baker. Tyrod is fucking grade A trash. He would have ruined Baker's career ala Fisher with Vince. Young QBs need a good coach in their corner. Had Baker started from day 1 like he should have, Browns would be a playoff team because he would have beaten the Steelers and Saints to start the year in my eyes. Tyrod just doesn't know how to win. Baker steps in and wins the first game for the Browns in a shit ton of games. Right away he adds a spark. But people still try and downplay what he's doing. Is he doing what Mahomes is doing? No but he's also playing for the fucking Browns. A team who has won 1 game in 2 years. With Hue Jackson as coach. Versus Mahomes with Andy Reid and probably the most speed and talent on offense you can assemble. Mahomes is already way ahead of the curve because of where he landed. Baker comes in and has the Browns at 7 wins. This is the only community I see downplaying what Baker is doing. But it's to be expected. He's a Sooner. But Adrian Peterson was a Sooner and he was a bad ass. Can't deny it. Demarco Murray was, too and I loved him in Dallas. I guarantee if Baker played at UT and led them to 2 playoff appearances in 3 years, he would be a legend here. His antics would be celebrated here. Guaranteed. Winning cures that as well as wearing the burnt orange.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hue Jackson decided to start Tyrod Taylor over Baker. Tyrod is fucking grade A trash. He would have ruined Baker's career ala Fisher with Vince. Young QBs need a good coach in their corner. Had Baker started from day 1 like he should have, Browns would be a playoff team because he would have beaten the Steelers and Saints to start the year in my eyes. Tyrod just doesn't know how to win. Baker steps in and wins the first game for the Browns in a shit ton of games. Right away he adds a spark. But people still try and downplay what he's doing. Is he doing what Mahomes is doing? No but he's also playing for the fucking Browns. A team who has won 1 game in 2 years. With Hue Jackson as coach. Versus Mahomes with Andy Reid and probably the most speed and talent on offense you can assemble. Mahomes is already way ahead of the curve because of where he landed. Baker comes in and has the Browns at 7 wins. This is the only community I see downplaying what Baker is doing. But it's to be expected. He's a Sooner. But Adrian Peterson was a Sooner and he was a bad ass. Can't deny it. Demarco Murray was, too and I loved him in Dallas. I guarantee if Baker played at UT and led them to 2 playoff appearances in 3 years, he would be a legend here. His antics would be celebrated here. Guaranteed. Winning cures that as well as wearing the burnt orange.

You are a shitty Longhorn fan.

• Fuck You 2

Baker never has been more takented than Patrick Mahomes II.  Of course they had different landing places and circumstances. 

Play on the field hasn’t been Mayfield’s shortcoming since his Freshman year at Tech.  

Off the field of play, he’s easy to hate. It’s just that simple. People defending his alleged honor might as well try nailing jello to the wall. 

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I guarantee if Baker played at UT and led them to 2 playoff appearances in 3 years, he would be a legend here. His antics would be celebrated here. Guaranteed. 

if Baker, a hometown kid, went to UT and led us to 2 playoff appearances in 3 years, he would be a legend here.  what are the odds?

well done, Vic.  you never cease to amaze me with your unparalleled genius. 

7 hours ago, futureman said:

if Baker, a hometown kid, went to UT and led us to 2 playoff appearances in 3 years, he would be a legend here.  what are the odds?

well done, Vic.  you never cease to amaze me with your unparalleled genius. 

Futureman, I’ll have to direct you back in time on this very thread, where there’s UT fans saying; ‘Nope, too big a dbag.  I’d still hate him.’  Can’t make this shit up.  

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Futureman, I’ll have to direct you back in time on this very thread, where there’s UT fans saying; ‘Nope, too big a dbag.  I’d still hate him.’  Can’t make this shit up.  

I can’t see the past, only the future. 

no but seriously that’s nuts if it’s true.  but fuck, I guess I’m not surprised. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I guarantee if Baker played at UT and led them to 2 playoff appearances in 3 years, he would be a legend here. His antics would be celebrated here. Guaranteed. Winning cures that as well as wearing the burnt orange.

If my aunt had a dick, she’d be my uncle. Unlike her, if your post had paragraphs, it’d be entirely unchanged from what it currently is: a pointless non-sequitur.  

16 hours ago, slorch said:

Baker never has been more takented than Patrick Mahomes II.  Of course they had different landing places and circumstances. 

Play on the field hasn’t been Mayfield’s shortcoming since his Freshman year at Tech.  

Off the field of play, he’s easy to hate. It’s just that simple. People defending his alleged honor might as well try nailing jello to the wall. 

Other than that pesky head to head thing.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, JerryHubbard said:

Baker is a very talented QB.

He is also a grade-A cunt.

These are not mutually exclusive.

Not sure what the argument is here.

His cuntiness will catch up to him.  How many rookies have we seen play well for a season then come down to earth?  It's the fucking Browns, there will be no long term success for Baker or anyone else who qbs that team.

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

His cuntiness will catch up to him.  How many rookies have we seen play well for a season then come down to earth?  It's the fucking Browns, there will be no long term success for Baker or anyone else who qbs that team.

You guys are a broken record. "Oh yeah! Wait until next year!!" 

Why is so hard to see that he has a good arm, good mobility, understands defenses, good field visions and isn't afraid to push the ball down field?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

LOL, why does this sound like wishful thinking to me?  

51 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, why does this sound like wishful thinking to me?  

I admit I'd like to see him fail, not only because he went to OU, but because he is an insufferable prick. I stand by my prediction though because overcompensating shit talking pricks often get their comeuppance. Maybe not, doesn't really matter ultimately because I don't watch Browns games unless they play the Cowboys. I would, however, bet a year's salary that Baker Mayfield never wins a Super Bowl ring with the Cleveland Browns. You agree or disagree?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I admit I'd like to see him fail, not only because he went to OU, but because he is an insufferable prick. I stand by my prediction though because overcompensating shit talking pricks often get their comeuppance. Maybe not, doesn't really matter ultimately because I don't watch Browns games unless they play the Cowboys. I would, however, bet a year's salary that Baker Mayfield never wins a Super Bowl ring with the Cleveland Browns. You agree or disagree?

Back pedaled all the way to the Browns not winning a SB.  Well done.  I wish OU's corners could run backwards that fast. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Back pedaled all the way to the Browns not winning a SB.  Well done.  I wish OU's corners could run backwards that fast. 

Lolwut?  I specifically said "I stand by my prediction" which was that he'll come down to earth after his rookie season and that "there will be no long term success for Baker or anyone else who qbs that team." The Super Bowl comment was on top of that with a hyperbolic offer to bet a year's salary. Two separate comments. 

Just now, 'stache said:

Lolwut?  I specifically said "I stand by my prediction" which was that he'll come down to earth after his rookie season and that "there will be no long term success for Baker or anyone else who qbs that team." The Super Bowl comment was on top of that with a hyperbolic offer to bet a year's salary. Two separate comments. 

I caught the hyperbolic part.  I still think you'd be an upgrade at corner.  But yes, not much to argue with there.  

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread