Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol. Ok.  I love how you know how you’d feel with some hypothetical.  

Its easier for me because he actually was on the team I cheer for.  It actually happened.  I feel like I’m rounding on the psych ward having this argument with you. 

LOL STFU. Is it really that hard to know how you'd feel about that kind of behavior based on 53 years of life experience? It's not fucking rocket surgery, man. You generally have a lot of good takes on this board. This isn't one of em. You like the guy. Great. Really, good for you. I don't like him and neither do a lot of other people. Get over it. You don't see me telling Baker's fans that they shouldn't like him. 

14 minutes ago, wood said:

LOL STFU. Is it really that hard to know how you'd feel about that kind of behavior based on 53 years of life experience? It's not fucking rocket surgery, man. You generally have a lot of good takes on this board. This isn't one of em. You like the guy. Great. Really, good for you. I don't like him and neither do a lot of other people. Get over it. You don't see me telling Baker's fans that they shouldn't like him. 

No I agree he’s a dbag.  I like him bc he was on my team.  I just think it’s funny you know how you’d feel.  Hell, you’re 53.  Maybe you’re right.  I was just disagreeing.  

I’m NOT saying you shouldnt hate him.  Carry on.  If I didn’t enjoy the hate and shit talking I wouldn’t be on here.  

I’ll stop derailing.  

Baker is gay and OU sucks. <obligatory>

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Stupid sooner
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Again, easy to say what you would have done.  None of his teammates have ever had a bad thing to say.  To each his own. I don’t take sports too seriously.  

I refused to support the Bears due to Cutler but until that asshole is yours...

Wow, that's a real high bar you have there. 

If class acts like Joe Mixon thought Mayfield was a stand up guy, who am I to argue. 

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Yea, hard to see why anyone would think this guy is an unlikable twat.

Lmao. This really bothers you? Lmao. Did you say the same about Applewhite when he was being over the top staring down the Colorado bench in the 2001 Big 12 title game? Absolutely not.

I know it kills Horns fans that Mayfield has completely turned around this Browns team and is going to be pretty good in the NFL and was damn good in college. So you resort to nit picking at shit like this. I'd love for my QB to stare down the opponents. I love that shit. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao. This really bothers you? Lmao. Did you say the same about Applewhite when he was being over the top staring down the Colorado bench in the 2001 Big 12 title game? Absolutely not.

I know it kills Horns fans that Mayfield has completely turned around this Browns team and is going to be pretty good in the NFL and was damn good in college. So you resort to nit picking at shit like this. I'd love for my QB to stare down the opponents. I love that shit. 

k

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Why? It means literally nothing to these guys. They laugh at dumb shit like that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Amen.  Hue deserves every second of derision.  If he were still HC and Tuh-rod hadn't gotten injured, Baker would have never seen the field.

20 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

You forgot to add a bit about the NFL being wonderful and College Football sucking.

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Yea, hard to see why anyone would think this guy is an unlikable twat.

you know what bothers me?  people posting video clips that are captured from their tv by a fucking smartphone.  fuck you twitter people, find a direct digital feed or gtfo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

he's not a badass.

He's a dillhole.

It will manifest itself over and over again.

yep, he'll make some plays.  Kudos to the douchebag.

He'll eternally be a hateble fuckstick and it has almost zero to do with his play on the field.

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

he's not a badass.

He's a dillhole.

He'll eternally be a hateble fuckstick and it has almost zero to do with his play on the field.

Except he is a bad ass. He came into Cleveland and immediately made them relevant. 2 playoff trips in 3 years at OU.

Lulz at "he'll make some plays" do totally discount his talent.

But I get it. You are a scorned Tech fan who saw Mayfield go to OU and light it up. Same as Aggy who scoffs at Kyler Murray. Don't blame your shitty team for not taking advantage like Aggy couldn't with Murray.

Off the field? That one singular incident? Big deal.

But I get it. This is a Horns site. So any QB from OU no one will admit is good. You had people on here say Kyler Murray isn't good. Lmao.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

he's not a badass.

He's a dillhole.

"he'll make some plays."  lol.  Dude, he won a Heisman and is having one of the best rookie seasons in history, and he's been even better since Hue got the axe.

Oh, it was a stare down of Hue Jackson? Well. That's amazing. He's a fraud just like Marvin Lewis.

Baker is an absolute baller. He's also a tremendous, entitled douchebag. But when you back it up by saying "not today, old friend" to the Cleveland Browns QB chopping block you can stare down whoever you want.

Keep it up. This shit at the least is entertaining. Still expecting the Browns to somehow fuck it up, though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

"he'll make some plays."  lol.  Dude, he won a Heisman and is having one of the best rookie seasons in history, and he's been even better since Hue got the axe.

Hypeman has jack shit to do with right now.  Seriously.  WGAF?

34 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Except he is a bad ass. He came into Cleveland and immediately made them relevant. 2 playoff trips in 3 years at OU.

Lulz at "he'll make some plays" do totally discount his talent.

But I get it. You are a scorned Tech fan who saw Mayfield go to OU and light it up. Same as Aggy who scoffs at Kyler Murray. Don't blame your shitty team for not taking advantage like Aggy couldn't with Murray.

Off the field? That one singular incident? Big deal.

But I get it. This is a Horns site. So any QB from OU no one will admit is good. You had people on here say Kyler Murray isn't good. Lmao.

Yeah.  We miss Baker Mayfield, douchebag extraordinaire.

He's the one who chose to be a bitch shitass in the way he left.

Virtually NOBODY wishes he would have stayed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEYHFXYuUXl5zJoh8kA3H

Edited by slorch

33 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Lolz at one of the best rookie seasons in history.

He's 24 out of 32 in total QBR. Josh Allen is above Baker Mayfield.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

hey dickcheese, his rookie season can’t sniff the taint sweat in rookie dak prescott’s dirty jock strap.  and dak sucks shit through a straw now.  

he’s played about half a season?  with an offseason of tape for DCs to pore over we’ll see if he can keep it up in the coming years. 

Edited by futureman
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, the said:

Nah, he just quickly realized what a shitshow Tech was. 

There is no way he wins the Heisman or ends up being the No.1 pick in the draft if he sticks around at Tech. Wise move by Bake!

I mean has Tech EVER had a Heisman winner? Or the no.1 pick? Ever? I don't know so asking seriously. 

all that...

and he pissed down his leg at the thought of having to beat out Davis Webb for the start in the Holiday Bowl.

Edited by slorch

12 minutes ago, the said:

Nah, he just quickly realized what a shitshow Tech was. 

There is no way he wins the Heisman or ends up being the No.1 pick in the draft if he sticks around at Tech. Wise move by Bake!

I mean has Tech EVER had a Heisman winner? Or the no.1 pick? Ever? I don't know so asking seriously. 

Look: the low-IQ sooner crawled back. 

23 minutes ago, slorch said:

Hue seemed more incompetent.

Fisher was deliberate asshattery.

Yeah I think this is the case. As a general rule, never assume malice when incompetence can also be the case, because the latter is way more common. With Fisher, there is enough there to know it was personal (not that he is competent, 'cause he is not).

As for Mayfield, he is an annoying little prick, but he is really, really good. He has already been a better pro than I expected him to be. The Browns upgraded their roster across the board, so it isn't all him, but this is still a team that was 0-16 a year ago. Yet he still has a winning record as a starter and has undoubtedly been a huge catalyst for their improved play (see the first few weeks of their year as an example). That's pretty fucking impressive. 

I am a huge Chicago Bulls fan, so the comparison that comes to mind for me is Joakim Noah. When the Bulls were a really salty team for 4-5 years earlier this decade, opposing fans fucking hated Jo. Always making hustle plays, talking trash, but generally backing it up. If I were a Heat fan or a Cavs fan or whatever I'd have hated the fuck out of him, but he wasn't, he was a Bull. Thus, prime Noah is one of my all time favorite basketball players.

tl;dr - Fuck Baker Mayfield, but it turns out he is pretty good and I'd probably be a fan if he did for Texas what he did for OU, or if I were a Browns fan.

56 minutes ago, slorch said:

all that...

and he pissed down his leg at the thought of having to beat out Davis Webb for the start in the Holiday Bowl.

No offense Slorch but given the opportunity to play for OU or tech why the hell would he choose tech?  Mahomes is a better pro but that has jackshit to do with all Baker accomplishes at OU.  

Right there in your post you mention Holiday Bowl   OU doesn’t do the Holiday Bowl   

Tech fans seem butthurt to this day.  OU fans just laugh.  Don’t feel bad.  Aggy gets laughed at for the same shit w Kyler 

I love watching Mahomes and agree he will likely be the better pro.  

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No offense Slorch but given the opportunity to play for OU or tech why the hell would he choose tech?  Mahomes is a better pro but that has jackshit to do with all Baker accomplishes at OU.  

Right there in your post you mention Holiday Bowl   OU doesn’t do the Holiday Bowl   

Tech fans seem butthurt to this day.  OU fans just laugh.  Don’t feel bad.  Aggy gets laughed at for the same shit w Kyler 

I love watching Mahomes and agree he will likely be the better pro.  

revisionist history?

mayfield walked on at Tech.  he played well, but turned the ball over a lot too.  Webb played well in his stead.  As the end of the season approached, Baker regained his health.  cKK told him he;d have to beat out Davis Webb to start the Holiday Bowl.

The Mayfield quit.  period.  Fuck the team.  Fuck e'ryone.  Fuck the NCAA too 'cause they won't let me go where I want.... on and on.  he badmouthed Kliff on the way out, as well as Tech; when it was all unnecessary.

You cannot look at his history and just proclaim it was part of his plan.

So fuck him.

and fuck your Bowl superiority complex.  Who's the last coach you saw make it to a bowl game starting two Freshman QBs for the whole season?  add to that, inheriting a program devestated by Tommy tuberville prior to cKK's arrival.  Baker could have done something at Tech.  he pussed out.   It turned out well on the field.  Good for him.

Off the field, he'll always be an oozing cunt.

You can accuse us of being butthurt, but you're wrong.  Tech has had many QB transfers through the years from Chris Todd to phillip Dougherty to jacob Karam at memphis and Clayton Nichols to Bowling green, among others.  Nothing but best wishes were extended for these guys.

Edited by slorch

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread