Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

7 minutes ago, ousux said:

I think it was the connection Sark already had with Saban/Bama that worried some people, not that he'd swap a Blueblood on the rise for another facing a partial rebuild.

He knows what it's like to struggle the first year as a new coach, I don't think he wants to go through that again unless it's the best option available. I think he stays at Texas for a long time unless somehow the wheels fall off for whatever reason.

Agree with this 100%

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

This is probably the simplest fix in history we just need someone who Sark trusts (see Pete Carroll, Nick Saban) to sit on the sidelines on Game Day as an adviser who can simply walk over and say things like "Hey Sark stop being cute and run the fucking ball" or "you should probably punt/FG here" as well as have timeout calling authority.  Hell I would do it myself for flights, hotel, & per diems if I could get the gig 😉 That seems like a far more likely pathway to success than trying to convince him to relinquish play calling abilities and actually getting him not to micro manage it.

I think the role of the “Sark, Check Yoself” coach should be played by Randi Trew or even Mrs Sark she already tells him how to dress and now she can add, telling him when he needs to run the ball.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TejasPedro said:

I think the role of the “Sark, Check Yoself” coach should be played by Randi Trew or even Mrs Sark she already tells him how to dress and now she can add, telling him when he needs to run the ball.

True Mrs Sark definitely has the control needed. Surely by now football 101 has to have rubbed off on her

Just now, YChang said:

Just need an assistant shadowing Sark with their phone or ipad opened to Surl's game thread and refresh every so often to give him direct in-the-moment feedback on what he's doing wrong in a game. Problem solved. 

So when Sark says "FUCK!" 30 times in a row while looking at the tablet, we'll know what he's looking at.   Lulz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, YChang said:

Just need an assistant shadowing Sark with their phone or ipad opened to Surl's game thread and refresh every so often to give him direct in-the-moment feedback on what he's doing wrong in a game. Problem solved. 

Sh@ggy invented that some time ago.  Never caught on.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

That's not dip. 

Dapper-Dan-Medium-Hold-Pomade-100ml-2_70

Also, I've never known a single person that dipped who kept their can in their front pocket. It's always the back pocket or jacket pocket. 

Hzfp.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

That's not dip. 

Also, I've never known a single person that dipped who kept their can in their front pocket. It's always the back pocket or jacket pocket. 

I like the smell of my hair treatment.  The pleasing odor is half the point!

• Hook 'Em 3

On 1/15/2024 at 1:43 PM, Park Gothic said:

Honest question - why?

It seems like the team has steadily improved every season as the personnel has improved and become more experienced with the system. I haven't seen any evidence that Sark calling the plays has been holding us back. I get that it can be frustrating to watch us run the same plays that aren't working over and over (ahem TCU in 2022), but are we sure that's on Sark? It seems like the problem in the past has been with execution, not playcalling. This season the players executed better and we made the CFP. If the guys execute even better next year, why can't we look like Bama in 2020?

I guess that's my long-winded way of saying if it ain't broke...

I think the idea is that some of Sark's game management responsibilities as head coach are interfered with by his involvement in the offense.  That's a plausible notion.

However, I think Sark's game management has steadily improved, but maybe there's a ceiling there as long as he remains effectively the OC.

And, a lot of the game management complaints really boil down to the offense and playcalling, where it's very hard to tell if it was an execution problem or the playcall itself.

If Sark decided to move on, it would be to the NFL. He is at an age where he still has a lot to prove, but could also start feeling a desire to settle down. So who knows. He obviously has to win at a high rate at Texas to be here long-term. 

6 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

That's not dip. 

I did when I dipped.  It’s much easier to hide in your front pocket than the back, especially before skinny jeans mixed in with keys ect.   Didn’t tear the front pocket up or leave a ring like the back and you didn’t accidentally sit on it.  Also you didn’t look like a cowboy hick.  

IMG_3628.gif

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Wtf?

Cut loose for failing to dissuade Sark from allowing PK to bend and break in Dallas, and failing to persuade Sark to call the touchdown play in Sugar Bowl. Plus rep for allowing KSU to fuck up the OT, but sadly insufficient.

On 1/25/2024 at 1:07 PM, Pimphand said:

True Mrs Sark definitely has the control needed. Surely by now football 101 has to have rubbed off on her

Imagine the new alternate uniforms she'd introduce.

69702547-d4a3-41d4-9c31-4cfba0da6b02-Texas_TCU_rbb2704.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

I believe you mentioned that before. Kudos for knowing that. You may want to share that info with the refs who handled the Detroit Dallas game. 

They were just doing what they were told to do. Ultimately, it didn't make any difference in the performances.

• Hook 'Em 1