Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The Mack Brown era of having 15+ announcements within 48 hours of one another is long gone. As someone very involved with marketing in their career, my view is that this is the way. We live in an era in which the player gets put completely on the pedestal and is expected to have their big moment if they're close to being nationally recruited. No one has to like that, but folks should learn to lean into it.

Can I get you to circle back to this point? Are you suggesting that we pivot our expectations as we synergize our recruiting strategies to gain traction with recruits? Thats sounds like a win-win. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Can I get you to circle back to this point? Are you suggesting that we pivot our expectations as we synergize our recruiting strategies to gain traction with recruits? Thats sounds like a win-win. 

Wouldn't be a bad idea to touch base here. May feel like drinking from the firehose for a while but it should eliminate a lot of churn long term. 

39 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Yes, we must initiate an agile transformation.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don't have any details. Recruits get access to all kinds of data and best practices when they visit schools. They also get a feel for the class overall. Relaying that shit and sending pics and stuff to other staffs isn't exactly considered good behavior. A guy getting into text groups and then openly trying to distract or mislead other guys in the group just to poison the well happens too. I don't know what happened, but it's clear something did. I don't think Texas would take his commitment seriously if he offered it at this point.

That's a lot of 6 dimensional chess to help out...Tech? A school we almost never recruit against?

24 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

That's a lot of 6 dimensional chess to help out...Tech? A school we almost never recruit against?

Tech is the last regular season game that Texas will play in the Big 12. McGuire knows how important win against Texas would be for his job. It's at least possible that he would be willing to do whatever he can to get some sort of advantage.  To be clear, I doubt that the kid is spying for Tech. That sounds more like message board innuendo. But it doesn't seem unbelievably far-fetched.

14 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Tech is the last regular season game that Texas will play in the Big 12. McGuire knows how important win against Texas would be for his job. It's at least possible that he would be willing to do whatever he can to get some sort of advantage.  To be clear, I doubt that the kid is spying for Tech. That sounds more like message board innuendo. But it doesn't seem unbelievably far-fetched.

It seems like high school Harry stuff.  IOW, it's plausible in this situation.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Probably will go for it every 4th down in the game.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Hes a turd. Id compare it to what that LSU corner did on his OV (Joseph?) play along but know where you are going and muddy the well the rest of the way. He burnt bridges. Also fuck HS WR recruiting, just snag them from the portal.

Kary Vincent Jr.? Poisoned the well with Chaisson, right?

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Its all conjecture and specualtion till he signs. This is about the only recruit that I am laser focused on and I know it will just be a giant mess the whole process. I do think we made some extremely good headway but lets to see what fucking lifewallet has to say about it, or harrahs or fucking C&C creations. Wake me in November on it

Wait What James Franco GIF - Wait What James Franco The Interview -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

You’ve seen his boots, and he chooses to style himself to look like fucking Tom Herman. He doesn’t always make good choices.

Herman chooses to style himself like me, get it right chief or should I say consigliere 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He drove it into the mud after he beat us last year, you don't think he's making this their super bowl this year? You're out yo mother lovin mind.

I said it is plausible in the situation...that means it is believable dude.  The guy stlll goes by Joey in his late 40's and most of his coaching bones were made at Cedar Hill HIGH SCHOOL.  Not sure who you are agruing with.

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Fucking Kendra Scott fans….

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Kendra Scott, Jewelry Mogul, on How She Built Her Billion-Dollar Empire |  Glamour

1 minute ago, MH BEVO said:

grossed out jerry GIF by HULU

I rest my case. I knew, like clockwork, the clown car would pull up and posters would begin piling out to claim that they wouldn't bang Kendra Scott while spraying disappearing ink from the oversized flowers on their lapels at one another. 

She's rich, famous, and good-looking. There is not a single straight poster on this board who wouldn't unless there was a moral issue related to fidelity for them. I've seen knobs like you guys do this all of my life. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

I rest my case. I knew, like clockwork, the clown car would pull up and posters would begin piling out to claim that they wouldn't bang Kendra Scott while spraying disappearing ink from the oversized flowers on their lapels at one another. 

She's rich, famous, and good-looking. There is not a single straight poster on this board who wouldn't unless there was a moral issue related to fidelity for them. I've seen knobs like you guys do this all of my life. 

That was unfortunate timing of posting. I’m down for Kendra. Not Mrs. Herman

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, that was a jab at Herman for being a piece of shit, and I stand by it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Yeah, that was a jab at Herman for being a piece of shit, and I stand by it.

FWIW, I know someone that is professionally close to Kendra Scott. They knew of the rumors, as did Kendra Scott and her husband. At the time I discussed it, years ago, they seemed believably perplexed about how the rumor ever became a thing. It didn't sound like Herman and Scott had any crossover except for a couple of functions and no one witnessed the two strangers sneaking off and disappearing into a closet. 

But, hey, when the story is better than the truth, the gossip mill and the Internet will both run with the story.

• Hook 'Em 8

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Herman's wife worth it? Yes. Not even a question. Hot and crazy. I bet she shags like a minx.

Kendra Scott? I know many dipshits here mock the notion and claim they wouldn't touch her. Problem with that? I've met enough of you to know that damned near every poster saying that is lucky when they get to touch a woman. All day and twice on Sunday. 

So ... yes. 

If they won’t do it I vouch with honor that I will take one for the team and nail Kendra Scott 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

FWIW, I know someone that is professionally close to Kendra Scott. They knew of the rumors, as did Kendra Scott and her husband. At the time I discussed it, years ago, they seemed believably perplexed about how the rumor ever became a thing. It didn't sound like Herman and Scott had any crossover except for a couple of functions and no one witnessed the two strangers sneaking off and disappearing into a closet. 

But, hey, when the story is better than the truth, the gossip mill and the Internet will both run with the story.

image.jpeg.9992ff79fdd4f9b54393aa206a41f13e.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It was such low hanging fruit that posting it seemed like a win-win situation. I typically don't have the bandwidth for something like this and I thought about putting a pin in it, but it is what it is. I ran it up the flagpole, tried to be as granular as possible and put it in the pipeline, but the data never lies.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It was such low hanging fruit that posting it seemed like a win-win situation. I typically don't have the bandwidth for something like this and I thought about putting a pin in it, but it is what it is. I ran it up the flagpole, tried to be as granular as possible and put it in the pipeline, but the data never lies.

You can't corporate buzz your way out of this, Cumsteen. You'd give Kendra Scott the best 90 second ride of her life and then let her buy anything she wanted and place it front and center in your living room or kitchen. And you know it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

50 cent guilty af GIF

• Haha 3

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls