Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Finally can tell my aggy story. 

Have a good insight into this kids recruitment and I’m still laughing about his visit to aggy. Dude gets his player host (I’ll let y’all find who that is) and since it was midweek the host has to go to class, Livingstone gets invited to attend class as well but the player host was extremely late, got kicked out of class and went back to his dorm to smoke weed until practice while leaving Livingstone in the class. 

Livingstone sits through this dudes underwater bb stacking class or whatever and goes to the football facility by his lonesome for practice to see if he can even find his host. He still can’t, but he proceeds to listen to Jimbo and Petrino mother fuck each other and their players for the next two hours. Just pure hatred between those two, the only people they hate more than each other is their players, all of them. Kid leaves a day early and aggy doesn’t understand why…

On the flip side, the whole family can’t brag enough on Jackson and how much they love him. I think he’s gonna be a beast, welcome to the 40 kid!

I like this story  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

JFC that’s hilarious. The visit stuff is funny, but hearing confirmation on the vitriol between Jimbo and Petrino is fucking great. That just confirms he was forced into hiring him and isn’t giving over any control to him in regards to the offense as a whole.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Have a good insight into this kids recruitment and I’m still laughing about his visit to aggy. Dude gets his player host (I’ll let y’all find who that is) and since it was midweek the host has to go to class, Livingstone gets invited to attend class as well but the player host was extremely late, got kicked out of class and went back to his dorm to smoke weed until practice while leaving Livingstone in the class. 

Livingstone sits through this dudes underwater bb stacking class or whatever and goes to the football facility by his lonesome for practice to see if he can even find his host. He still can’t, but he proceeds to listen to Jimbo and Petrino mother fuck each other and their players for the next two hours. Just pure hatred between those two, the only people they hate more than each other is their players, all of them. Kid leaves a day early and aggy doesn’t understand why…

On the flip side, the whole family can’t brag enough on Jackson and how much they love him. I think he’s gonna be a beast, welcome to the 40 kid!

Hahahahahahahaha.  That is fucking hilarious.  How do you screw up a visit THAT bad?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davis Lane said:

I find it absolutely incredible that not only is myspace still around but I still remember my password.

Wait, what?

What’s the song still playing on your page? I’m like 95% sure mine is either “hey there Delilah” or “purple stuff” by Big Moe (RIP). I’m pretty eclectic 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

proceeds to listen to Jimbo and Petrino mother fuck each other and their players for the next two hours. Just pure hatred between those two, the only people they hate more than each other is their players, all of them. Kid leaves a day early and aggy doesn’t understand why…

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

That relationship is absolutely going to end in a murder suicide at midfield of dead dog stadium.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Your story and these screenshots (spoilered below) are probably different recruits but it cracks me up because there's two scenarios: 

A) They're both Livingstone and the texags version is just so off base. And they think getting rid of Mashack will fix the problem

B) They're different recruits and they somehow manage to screw up lots of visits in entirely different ways

Spoiler

IMG_2942.jpeg

IMG_2943.jpeg

Side note - I'm working on my PhD in a field adjacent to organization theory. Would there be any interest in a write up on organizational culture with a focus on sports? Like what culture actually means, how to establish it, maintain it, etc. An example that stuck out to me recently was Kibble's commitment interview with IT where he said that what drew him to Texas is how committed the players were to working during his visit. That's a big deal - culture is established for prospective members of any organization before they join e.g., during job interviews (or in this case during an OV). Are croots seeing a culture of work or weed?

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

His rating does not match his offer list. 

His Jr year hudl is 12+ minutes of blowing up OL and destroying plays.  In the State game on TV against North Shore they couldn't handle him at all.  No idea what's going into his 247 ranking as a mid 3*.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Billy Embody (on3 LSU) had updated on McKinley and Mack yesterday for those interested in a non-Texas pov

Spoiler

5-star DL Dominick McKinley

Quiet, but now well-traveled, the elite Acadiana (La.) defensive lineman is coming off Ohio State, Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma official visits in June. LSU’s message is simple to McKinley’s family, the Tigers can’t afford to miss out on the state’s top-ranked prospect. It’s also a major position of need for Jimmy Lindsey to address as he takes over a defensive line room that’ll lose some key names after 2023.

When looking at this recruitment, it’s somewhat tough to judge. There is enough buzz that McKinley could very well opt to go out of state. Where? From what I hear, Oklahoma and Texas A&M are the two out-of-state schools that hold the best chance to land McKinley. Texas made a solid impression, but his father wasn’t along for that trip. Ohio State is a dark horse, but very, very far from Louisiana. Oklahoma and Texas A&M have two of the best recruiters in the country along the defensive line and have good angles to swing his signature in the long run.

All that said, LSU is fighting to get him, reiterating what a huge priority he is. His family isn’t about the glitz and glamour of recruiting and the approach has to be measured, in that sense. Dominick doesn’t do many interviews at all and he keeps a tight circle of relationships. Lindsey is continuing to work on his relationship, having just got to Baton Rouge before the summer. Frank Wilson and Sherman Wilson have been key figures in this recruitment as well, hoping to work every angle to keep McKinley in the state of Louisiana. LSU’s firmly in the mix for McKinley and you’d like to see the coaching staff get him over for the end of July pool party in Baton Rouge. That’d be another nice step as he holds his official visit to LSU for the fall. He’s backed up his interest level in LSU with multiple unofficial visits to Baton Rouge. That was a good sign out of the spring.

This one is far too early to call, but LSU will be in it until the end. With no end in sight as McKinley’s timeline is uncertain, there will be various points of buzz around programs. My early gut tells me it comes down to LSU and Texas A&M. Buckle in and watch this one play out while LSU buckles in to keep him in-state. It’s a non-negotiable for me when it comes to this class, LSU has to land McKinley.

4-star DB Wardell Mack

The prospect I feel best about is Marrero (La.) John Ehret defensive back Wardell Mack. Frank Wilson’s been leading the charge there as LSU works multiple angles on this New Orleans area prospect as well. Florida and Texas have seen confidence grow in the past couple months with official visits, but LSU behind the scenes has worked this one well, I’m told. LSU also has Mack’s teammate, Khayree Lee, in the class. It’s been no secret how bad he wants LSU to get Mack as well. Mack told On3 this week that he’ll be back at Florida July 29. Florida State is also a factor as well, but he’ll be back in Baton Rouge this fall for a game.

Mack’s made enough visits to LSU to not have too much concern here. There will be schools that take big swings, but until proven otherwise, it’s tough to bet against Wilson for a New Orleans area prospect especially. Sources from other programs reiterated the confidence in Wilson as they watch the recruitment to get it across the finish line for the in-state Tigers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Billy Embody (on3 LSU) had updated on McKinley and Mack yesterday for those interested in a non-Texas pov

Reveal hidden contents

Quiet, but now well-traveled, the elite Acadiana (La.) defensive lineman is coming off Ohio State, Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma official visits in June. LSU’s message is simple to McKinley’s family, the Tigers can’t afford to miss out on the state’s top-ranked prospect. It’s also a major position of need for Jimmy Lindsey to address as he takes over a defensive line room that’ll lose some key names after 2023.

When looking at this recruitment, it’s somewhat tough to judge. There is enough buzz that McKinley could very well opt to go out of state. Where? From what I hear, Oklahoma and Texas A&M are the two out-of-state schools that hold the best chance to land McKinley. Texas made a solid impression, but his father wasn’t along for that trip. Ohio State is a dark horse, but very, very far from Louisiana. Oklahoma and Texas A&M have two of the best recruiters in the country along the defensive line and have good angles to swing his signature in the long run.

All that said, LSU is fighting to get him, reiterating what a huge priority he is. His family isn’t about the glitz and glamour of recruiting and the approach has to be measured, in that sense. Dominick doesn’t do many interviews at all and he keeps a tight circle of relationships. Lindsey is continuing to work on his relationship, having just got to Baton Rouge before the summer. Frank Wilson and Sherman Wilson have been key figures in this recruitment as well, hoping to work every angle to keep McKinley in the state of Louisiana. LSU’s firmly in the mix for McKinley and you’d like to see the coaching staff get him over for the end of July pool party in Baton Rouge. That’d be another nice step as he holds his official visit to LSU for the fall. He’s backed up his interest level in LSU with multiple unofficial visits to Baton Rouge. That was a good sign out of the spring.

This one is far too early to call, but LSU will be in it until the end. With no end in sight as McKinley’s timeline is uncertain, there will be various points of buzz around programs. My early gut tells me it comes down to LSU and Texas A&M. Buckle in and watch this one play out while LSU buckles in to keep him in-state. It’s a non-negotiable for me when it comes to this class, LSU has to land McKinley.

4-star DB Wardell Mack

The prospect I feel best about is Marrero (La.) John Ehret defensive back Wardell Mack. Frank Wilson’s been leading the charge there as LSU works multiple angles on this New Orleans area prospect as well. Florida and Texas have seen confidence grow in the past couple months with official visits, but LSU behind the scenes has worked this one well, I’m told. LSU also has Mack’s teammate, Khayree Lee, in the class. It’s been no secret how bad he wants LSU to get Mack as well. Mack told On3 this week that he’ll be back at Florida July 29. Florida State is also a factor as well, but he’ll be back in Baton Rouge this fall for a game.

Mack’s made enough visits to LSU to not have too much concern here. There will be schools that take big swings, but until proven otherwise, it’s tough to bet against Wilson for a New Orleans area prospect especially. Sources from other programs reiterated the confidence in Wilson as they watch the recruitment to get it across the finish line for the in-state Tigers.

That goes against what all the Texas $9.95ers have been saying on both those guys.

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Reveal hidden contents

4-star DB Wardell Mack

I’m just spitballing here, but is there any interest in Surly crowdsourcing funding for a ChatGPT based recruiting service? We could just scrape the other sites rankings and reorder them and have our AI reporter Gotch Yabrough cover every team. Don’t see why it wouldn’t work in a copy and paste industry and would have the benefit of the lowest cost basis. Talk about a well spent $3.50.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Hide contents

4-star DB Wardell Mack

Thanks for the update / info, but also…

aaron paul gtfo GIF

• Haha 4

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls