Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

4 minutes ago, TheRealAB said:

Which Davis? Or Both?

Weston. 

The additions would be Wingo, W. Davis, S. Williams, Smith, Black, and Ward.

While swinging for the fences on Williams if he does reclassify to 2024. Which would make sense considering the lack of pursuit of Bussey and Hudson.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I dont think we can get Williams, but holy shit if this were to actually happen.

Why not?  What can Bama sell to WR recruits right now?  The dudes that out all their WRs in the NFL are at Ole Miss and Texas now.  Bama has no QB.  What about last night makes them think they will get developed.  His high school QB is committed to Texas.  Decent chance Texas has 2 dudes drafted in the first 3 rounds and JWhit going late.  Plus, Texas can match and outbid Bama with NiL.  Sark has shown he can recruit elite players nationally.  Plus, he’s the only coach currently that can say, “I got a WR to win the the Heisman”

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Weston. 

The additions would be Wingo, W. Davis, S. Williams, Smith, Black, and Ward.

While swinging for the fences on Williams if he does reclassify to 2024. Which would make sense considering the lack of pursuit of Bussey and Hudson.

I feel like one should always pursue Bussey.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Some folks who get paid well to cover recruiting think that Ryan Williams is one of the best WR prospects … ever. He’s apparently a fucking jedi playing wideout and simply does things that no one else at the HS level does. We don’t want him at Bama. Getting him would be a holy shit moment. 

He ain't going to no bama

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A potential visitor list of Ryan Williams, Ryan Wingo, Terry Bussey, and Okoye this weekend is pretty good. Wonder what other names pop up?

If we get Ryan Williams and Ryan Wingo, let's call them the Ryans Brothers ala the Dolphins' Marks Brothers from the 1980s. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Bummer, was really hoping to land this kid.  Oh well.

Who says we still can't? There's plenty of season left for us to choke slam blou for the second year in a row, and for them to finish 6-7 as well, on top of us making the CFP and our defense curb stomping everyone in our way 

• Drool 2

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Based on his mom having the range of a 3-toed sloth, I am pretty sure he isn’t leaving the state. I’ll be happy, if I am wrong 

Sloths GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Honestly, with Simmons and Zina, if we dont take a third I wouldnt be too upset about it. Okoye is going to have even a bigger jump in competition than guys like Jaray Bledsoe had.

There's also this guy who likely plays better competition than Okoye: https://www.on3.com/db/solomon-williams-153743/

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls