Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s stupid number shit that Jason Higdon used to post as supposed hints to recruiting. It pops up every now and then whenever some $9.95ers reminds someone of it. Posters then feel obligated to make 20 posts of random numbers while, I assume, just howling about it behind their keyboard. 

intro-1524142512.jpg

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s stupid number shit that Jason Higdon used to post as supposed hints to recruiting. It pops up every now and then whenever some $9.95ers reminds someone of it. Posters then feel obligated to make 20 posts of random numbers while, I assume, just howling about it behind their keyboard. 

867-5309?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

smile-turn-away.gif

7 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

intro-1524142512.jpg

6 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I was going to be a little more direct, I think Junior and CTJ aren't hip to 15 year old tv shows.

image.thumb.png.401e6f8ac1a5b813ab48480c860c9080.png

Never watched it while it was on. Binged it with my wife in the summer of 2020 and thought it was great. Same for True Detective Season 2. Apparently, those shows were trash when released slowly but have been reviewed well when watched in short order. The amount of people I know who watched either of those the traditional way who mock me when I say that is absurd. 

Also, Breaking Bad is the opposite. It’s almost unwatchable if you binge it because it is just constant, angry, brutal, depressing shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Never watched it while it was on. Binged it with my wife in the summer of 2020 and thought it was great. Same for True Detective Season 2. Apparently, those shows were trash when released slowly but have been reviewed well when watched in short order. The amount of people I know who watched either of those the traditional way who mock me when I say that is absurd. 

Also, Breaking Bad is the opposite. It’s almost unwatchable if you binge it because it is just constant, angry, brutal, depressing shit. 

Amen on Breaking Bad.

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So that’s a “no” on binge watching the last 14 years of Texas football, then. I’ll stick to watching the Big 12 championship mini-movie until the semifinal one comes out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure I want Evans to sign with Texas.  I know it's new age in college football, but if you're just chasing the best NIL deal then you can go elsewhere.  I want players who want to be Longhorns above all else.

The hemming and hawing of Evans (and Moore, tbh) has kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 5
  • Prepare your anus 2

Just now, DixonHur said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure I want Evans to sign with Texas.  I know it's new age in college football, but if you're just chasing the best NIL deal then you can go elsewhere.  I want players who want to be Longhorns above all else.

The hemming and hawing of Evans (and Moore, tbh) has kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

So basically "Get Off My Lawn"

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Same for True Detective Season 2. Apparently, those shows were trash when released slowly but have been reviewed well when watched in short order. The amount of people I know who watched either of those the traditional way who mock me when I say that is absurd.

You bring a lot of great information and insightful opinions to this board and I thank you for that. I bring neither, but..
True Detective season 2 is dog shit. I have streamed it thru twice in the assumption that I was wrong the first time but no. White dog shit on an otherwise stellar series.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Ryno said:

You bring a lot of great information and insightful opinions to this board and I thank you for that. I bring neither, but..
True Detective season 2 is dog shit. I have streamed it thru twice in the assumption that I was wrong the first time but no. White dog shit on an otherwise stellar series.

Season 2 didn’t have a chance after the expectation that Season 1 left.  Season 1 was awesome.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I refuse to have this conversation again I refuse to have this conversation again I refuse to have this conversation again

What did Moore even do though? Take two visits? Not make a decision on your preferred timeline? 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Lol, maybe.

I just really like the class we've put together so far, and don't like head games and manufactured drama.

Everyone is looking to make the best decision for them and those around them. You would do the same. If you have more time to consider all of the angles and potentially sweeten the deal, you would/should do the same.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, crum said:

No idea if it means anything, but 4 of Aaron Butler's last 5 IG follows are Arch Manning, Cooper Manning, Xavier Worthy, and KJ Lacey

This would be odd. I don't think I had ever heard of this guy before a few days ago (but I don't follow this stuff like some of you degenerates). 

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Everyone is looking to make the best decision for them and those around them. You would do the same. If you have more time to consider all of the angles and potentially sweeten the deal, you would/should do the same.

I’ve passed on higher paying gigs because the environment was obviously garbage. 

I don’t blame anyone for negotiating the best deal he can get, but I’d prefer someone engage for what Sarkisian is building rather than some extra cash, all else being equal. 

11 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don’t think either of those recruitments are driven by NIL. Not saying it isn’t a factor, but that’s not the big issue. 

Evans would have signed undramatically if they had kept Fisher and looked okay. 

Moore has barely been around and he’s about to make his decision. 

9 minutes ago, Ryno said:

Well, I can honestly say that I don’t ever recall watching something twice just to make sure it sucked. That said, I can’t die on that hill. I realize plenty of folks just didn’t like that season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Beer Drinker said:

Season 2 didn’t have a chance after the expectation that Season 1 left.  Season 1 was awesome.

Saw an article that talked about the writer and how he had spent something like 20 years of his life writing Season 1 - and then had 6 months to get a script out for Season 2.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Saw an article that talked about the writer and how he had spent something like 20 years of his life writing Season 1 - and then had 6 months to get a script out for Season 2.

You mean to tell me the first season was scripted? I thought it was just the MoC and his buddy drinking Lone Star, fucking models, and riffing off the cuff about nihilism for hours on end. 

• Hook 'Em 1