Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

On 2/8/2024 at 9:53 PM, Napoleon said:

Correct!

But I was already SAG after getting SAG Vouchers 2 out of the 4 days I was “Blue Collar Guy with Blue Collar Car” in the big Nicolas Cage jumping a flatbed tow truck by using its ramp up on the bridge over the Port of LA to get away from the cops as he was stealing his last car in “Gone In 60 Seconds” because I offered to keep the cooler of drinks for the extras up on the bridge in the back seat of my car. 

Then I got my 3rd voucher by hitting up my high school buddy’s suite mate from sophomore year at Princeton who cast me as an extra in an mental hospital in a scene from the cable show that he and his brother wrote & directed. 

Ahhhh… the glamour of Hollywood!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cochamps said:

I'm guessing that you mean Blocton here?  (Think Becton is our S&C guy)

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Bitcoin

Becton, Bitcoin, Blockton, Blockchain, 2Chainz, Chains of Love, Erasure, Eraser, Let’s Pahty, Like a Good Neighbahh

Look, we didn’t start the fire. It’s been burning since the world’s been turning, fellas. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Becton, Bitcoin, Blockton, Blockchain, 2Chainz, Chains of Love, Erasure, Eraser, Let’s Pahty, Like a Good Neighbahh

Look, we didn’t start the fire. It’s been burning since the world’s been turning, fellas. 

This mf spittin 

9 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Yes. I think IT reported they hadn't talked yet, ao last week. Gerry responded to that on their board saying he'd be surprised if that was true, and he's confirming now that it isn't.

Is Surly still following IT?

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I watched the video. He seems very responsible with his money....especially the part where he is throwing cash all over his "baby brother's" room before he gets there. I need to know where this house is, so I can buy it at foreclosure in a few years for another rental property.

IMG_2839.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I watched the video. He seems very responsible with his money....especially the part where he is throwing cash all over his "baby brother's" room before he gets there. I need to know where this house is, so I can buy it at foreclosure in a few years for another rental property.

Damn man! Give the guy a chance. Doing something for Momma.

Hook’em!!!

On 2/19/2024 at 8:42 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Gerry: Melvin Hills talks to Kenny Baker weekly and he is still set to come to Texas.

Outstanding. No disrespect to McKinley or Reliford but I think this kid might be the best DL in Louisiana. He looks like he's got a Poona Ford type motor with a lot more size and the same kind of power to back it up. I'm certainly no scout and am wrong a LOT so I'm not going to be like 'wAtCh ThE tApE" or anything like that. I just think he looks like the real deal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Outstanding. No disrespect to McKinley or Reliford but I think this kid might be the best DL in Louisiana. He looks like he's got a Poona Ford type motor with a lot more size and the same kind of power to back it up. I'm certainly no scout and am wrong a LOT so I'm not going to be like 'wAtCh ThE tApE" or anything like that. I just think he looks like the real deal. 

He is definitely good, my biggest question is how he will be used. He looks more Alfred Collins than Byron Murphy. Does he swing out to a 5 technique/SDE? Does he get big enough to be a 3? It should be interesting to watch.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/26/2024 at 11:43 PM, campcrunk said:

It's ok to disrespect McKinley and Redford, because they aren't the best at their positions in Louisiana. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Micah Hudson, someone I will really be cheering for at Tech, had knee surgery and will miss the spring and summer.

Fuck Tech and all that, but sucks for the kid. Regardless of recruiting shenanigans, I don't wish knee injuries on anyone. 

But still. Fuck Tech. 

• Hook 'Em 2