Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

A pretty common take on the LSU boards that's pretty funny is how we aren't developing players.  Sure, they'd be right with Chuck and Tom still here, but this staff showed last year that they can develop.  Sanders, Banks, Jones, Barron, Ford, DL guys just to name a few.

These are all tropes from ten plus years ago that people who aren't paying attention still spout as gospel. The meddling alumni, non development, underachiever, and inflated recruiting classes are shit I have seen on LSU, Florida, etc boards and even aggy knows better at this point. They will find out soon enough.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

I could have sworn multiple sites had Jayden Jackson also announcing today but I can't find anything official saying such. Maybe it was just a rumor that got shot down over last few days. 

On3 vid from today saying Jackson will announce later in July before reporting to IMG.
  • Hook 'Em 3

My fave is the swamp rat saying "they haven't proven they can play at a high level"
They've already forgotten we were one dropped TD pass away from beating the best tigah team ever, and guess they didn't watch last year's Bama game either.
  • Hook 'Em 4

34 minutes ago, ousux said:

My fave is the swamp rat saying "they haven't proven they can play at a high level"
They've already forgotten we were one dropped TD pass away from beating the best tigah team ever, and guess they didn't watch last year's Bama game either.

A game they had to keep faking injuries in order to compete with us, and had to go for it on fourth and long in order to stay ahead of us.

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, ousux said:

Somebody (not me, I am getting on a plane as I finish this, and I’m too lazy even if I wasn’t) should post (or re-post if it’s been done and I missed it) our overall record against our new yahoo mates from the SEC. Also, uh…it’s ok if you leave Vanderbilt off the list

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

The week after the game I went to Whitfield's and asked Kasey Studdard about the game. 

I was expecting him to say great game for the program.

Nope.

First thing he said, paraphrasing of course, "We should have scored a touchdown. Can't come away with nothing when given two fourth down tries."

Then said TH was an idiot. 

Or maybe that was the first thing he said.

• Hook 'Em 4

Bussy celebrating the Coleman commit on teitter

I’m 100% fine with aggy allocating their bags towards WR… Even with Petrino’s influence, Jimbo will continue to squander their talent. And the secondary will probably be a team strength for the Longhorns in ‘24 with guys like Muhammad, Black, Williams, Brooks, Johnson-Rubell, Mack, etc.

Wasn’t he talking about Jeff banks as a coach
Nope, not unless Banks has eligibility left. He uses the word "I" at one point. People who talk about themselves in 3rd person can go one of two ways..flameout or greatness. I expect the latter with Mr. Washington
  • Like 1

Why is every gotdamn RPM/Crystal Ball pick a confidence level 6? Like these assholes feel a 5 or less is basically a wash, and anything above a 6 betrays too much knowledge and they don't want to spoil a commitment? So it's 6's all the way down? Freaking worthless. That'll be $9.95.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Why is every gotdamn RPM/Crystal Ball pick a confidence level 6? Like these assholes feel a 5 or less is basically a wash, and anything above a 6 betrays too much knowledge and they don't want to spoil a commitment? So it's 6's all the way down? Freaking worthless. That'll be $9.95.

It feels like a placeholder. They think the recruit will pick their crystal ball projection, but things are fluid. Crootin’. Real 9.95 greaseball shit. 

Fong’s picks get so much attention I think he uses the 6 so his pick won’t influence the actions of the recruits or the schools while maintaining his I told you so repetition. If Fong flipped his Simmons pick to Texas with a 9 confidence, Simmons and his camp would be pissed and LSU and aggy would flip the f*** out. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

36 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Because they don't want to take shine away from the kids unless it's extremely obvious or the kid is a major asshole (Hudson)

30 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

went to follow Jordan on twitter after the commitment and saw his pics from the OV.

FzEGzMtXoAAXgRr?format=jpg&name=medium

Dude can palm a helmet. Do want.

While it is likely he has large hands; have you ever worn a pair of brand new football skill gloves? They're sticky as hell and makes that feat a lot easier. 

• Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls