Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 hours ago, westexhorn said:

Gerry just said hi

That is about basketball. That mediocre as fuck transfer guard Horton was on his visit and they said they would have an update this morning on how it went. Considering the timing pretty obviously about him. Also Gerry didn't jump in to correct the people who immediately clarified it was about basketball which basically confirms it. 

• Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

That is about basketball. That mediocre as fuck transfer guard Horton was on his visit and they said they would have an update this morning on how it went. Considering the timing pretty obviously about him. Also Gerry didn't jump in to correct the people who immediately clarified it was about basketball which basically confirms it. 

Fuck It Season 11 GIF by One Chicago

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

image.gif.5eb6f7a041a09e702473056cd0471a58.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

spacer.png Big check on the user name.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

• Haha 2

Although it's way late in the cycle and we have plenty of good to great guards already on board, I'm shocked to learn Horton might not be a lottery-level guy with a celebrated NBA career ahead of him. Fire everyone. 

Edit: Meanwhile, back to football. I'm ambivalent on Hampton but "trust the coaches" if he signs here. Hills I'm for sure hoping we get. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

having some technical difficulties on the forum for star ratings on recruits. But we will have a recruiting section it's live now at the top menu of the board on desktop or on mobile in the menu bar. 

Looking forward to the 2024 Immamac 69

• Haha 5

Stars are fixed and up - do we want our own star rating or do we want to just inherit the composite rating? I feel like if we do our own ratings it will just turn into everyone being a 5 star lol. 

I did look into the boner excitement chart as the icons for the stars, unfortunately they are all uniform and its not possible lol. 

I also want to take recommendations to what people want to see on that landing page (the article page is whatever - I'm gonna template those later on myself)

• Hook 'Em 9

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Stars are fixed and up - do we want our own star rating or do we want to just inherit the composite rating? I feel like if we do our own ratings it will just turn into everyone being a 5 star lol. 

I did look into the boner excitement chart as the icons for the stars, unfortunately they are all uniform and its not possible lol. 

I also want to take recommendations to what people want to see on that landing page (the article page is whatever - I'm gonna template those later on myself)

I'm sure we could commission @THUJONE to draw some icons that would have that certain je ne sais quoi . 

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think we just use the On3 composite, does the dirty work of aggregating everyone for you.

Would it be possible to have a list rather than tiles where we can sort by the columns (stars, position, name, HS, whatever...).

Thanks for putting this together! Makes parsing through all the recruiting mayhem a lot easier.

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

What about “Immamac’s Texas 69” but your algorithm auto kicks any aggy commits. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

I can't find the recruits hand sizes anywhere, can we have those prominently featured somewhere?

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If not the on3 composite ratings, then the only possible choice left in the universe is to rely completely on my ratings without discussion. I rate by how cool the player’s name sounds. 

This would be the surly way.

So the idea is once they sign their NLI I'll add the tag of 2024 Recruit or something else we deem surly enough to mark them as really actually committed.

This will let us keep track of the flakers. or who's left that didn't do early signing that is verbal already.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, immamac said:

Given how much shit we give looch for pumping up aggy recruits in his top 44, it's probably better to rely on composite than do our own star ratings.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

So the idea is once they sign their NLI I'll add the tag of 2024 Recruit or something else we deem surly enough to mark them as really actually committed.

This will let us keep track of the flakers. or who's left that didn't do early signing that is verbal already.

Can you add a frosted flake or a corn flake next to them if they are not solid or gonna be processed?

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls