Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

8 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Given how much shit we give looch for pumping up aggy recruits in his top 44, it's probably better to rely on composite than do our own star ratings.

Or just take the inverse of the Looch 44 and use that as the only rating

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

If not the on3 composite ratings, then the only possible choice left in the universe is to rely completely on my ratings without discussion. I rate by how cool the player’s name sounds. 

decoldest.thumb.jpeg.992d354e5dbe4201a376c1cc8d80ba4c.jpeg

Definitely a 6-Star, if we're judging by how cool a name sounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

Given how much shit we give looch for pumping up aggy recruits in his top 44, it's probably better to rely on composite than do our own star ratings.

oh man, i think the answer is either to make everyone 6 stars as a joke or use the on3 composite (which is probably better)

So the idea is once they sign their NLI I'll add the tag of 2024 Recruit or something else we deem surly enough to mark them as really actually committed.
This will let us keep track of the flakers. or who's left that didn't do early signing that is verbal already.

What about a big red stamp that’s says “paid”.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Stars are fixed and up - do we want our own star rating or do we want to just inherit the composite rating? I feel like if we do our own ratings it will just turn into everyone being a 5 star lol. 

I did look into the boner excitement chart as the icons for the stars, unfortunately they are all uniform and its not possible lol. 

I also want to take recommendations to what people want to see on that landing page (the article page is whatever - I'm gonna template those later on myself)

There's no point in doing this if you can't use the boner excitement chart icons.

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Same day as Hills moved around his decision date suggests the big board is getting clearer

Feels like:

Blocton - Auburn

Hills - Texas

Robinson - Texas

IMG guys (Jackson/Lindsey) - ??? Maybe we split and get one?

McKinley obviously has a spot no matter what.

• Hook 'Em 4

(On Hampton and Gipson.)

The Huddle: Scatter-shooting recruiting notes

Hudson Standish

Spoiler

The Huddle: Scatter-shooting recruiting notes

Hudson Standish

— Tomorrow Daingerfield athlete Aeryn Hampton will announce his commitment from a final two of Alabama and Texas after taking official visits to Austin and Tuscaloosa. 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Mike Roach previewed the four-star's commitment earlier today with quotes from the State 7on7 tournament last weekend, where the feeling started to shift from a slight Alabama lean towards the Longhorns. 

It's rare for a prospect to decommit from a school (which Hampton did from Texas in late November of 2022) and end up recommitting but Hampton has a chance to do exactly that tomorrow with growing confidence in him selecting the Longhorns from Texas sources. While there is confidence from sources we speak to, I'm fairly gun-shy about reporting with any sort of certainty about Hampton's decision. From his December 2021 commitment to Baylor until now there really hasn't been more of a wildcard recruitment than Hampton, so if he somehow selected a school outside of the top two of Alabama and Texas I wouldn't remotely be surprised. However, with those necessary caveats added I should mention that the lead up to tomorrow's announcements has been pretty quiet behind the scenes which is a good sign for Texas.

— Sam Spiegelman first reported earlier today that Lancaster defensive back Corian Gipson has a decision date set for July 22nd in the Lancaster Gymnasium in front of family, friends, teammates, and the media. Horns247 confirmed that report and I recently spoke with a source on the Texas side who continues to feel optimistic about where the Longhorns stand for the priority target. While the Texas side has been confident even before a fantastic final official visit experience during the final weekend of June, both Ohio State and Clemson are similarly confident that they're the team to beat for the Southern Sector of DFW prospect. Gipson has three crystal balls entered for Clemson from early June when the Top247 DB nearly went public with a commitment to the Tigers.

I like On3’s composite rankings because they publish their own rankings, ESPN, 247, and Rivals in a clean interface. 

The jury is still out if On3 rankings are the best, but they only really need to a little better than 247 to succeed. 

I want to see an @immamac 69. First shitty aggy commit ranking, and the red asses will threaten to kill him online. I’d like to see their faces when they figure out he’s also an aggy. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I like On3’s composite rankings because they publish their own rankings, ESPN, 247, and Rivals in a clean interface. 

The jury is still out if On3 rankings are the best, but they only really need to a little better than 247 to succeed. 

I want to see an @immamac 69. First shitty aggy commit ranking, and the red asses will threaten to kill him online. I’d like to see their faces when they figure out he’s also an aggy. 

On3 composite is the best....247 refuses to factor On3 into their composite score so therefore that data is skewed.

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

I’m no Mike Roach here. The reality is that it’s looking like Blocton has told both camps that he’s going to commit to them, or, at least, that’s how I’m reading it. The Auburn guys are inferring a lot and it isn’t clear how closely they’re communicating with the Auburn staff, so maybe they’re just playing the odds on their end. 

If I’m wrong in my insistence on him coming to Texas, I’ll at least be entertained by vitriol headed my direction here. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, closetojumping said:

I’m no Mike Roach here. The reality is that it’s looking like Blocton has told both camps that he’s going to commit to them, or, at least, that’s how I’m reading it. The Auburn guys are inferring a lot and it isn’t clear how closely they’re communicating with the Auburn staff, so maybe they’re just playing the odds on their end. 

If I’m wrong in my insistence on him coming to Texas, I’ll at least be entertained by vitriol headed my direction here. 

CTJ = Mike Roach confirmed

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Any breakfast recommendations Mike?

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls