Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Let me be clear on this…

any rioter that took one step into the capitol that day, should have been executed that evening on the capitol steps.

Maybe even those that were at the first barriers?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

im getting soft in my old age 

There is a little blue pill for that.

And yeah, I am still amazed they got through. But something that is fucked up. The DC National Guard did not deploy. They are the first belt around the Capitol when shit hits the fan. They were deployed the night of the LA Riots when there was a concept of a threat. They were deployed against the BLM march. But not on the 6th? So for me the question is Porque No?

And the DC Guard trains for riot prevention and control.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And as far as I know, Trump has donated exactly $0 to these people to help with their legal defenses, while he's taken in hundreds of millions in donations.

That's what I really love about Trump and MAGA, and I've pointed this out many times to the MAGA types I know - Trump has said those J6 idiots were patriots, but somehow he can't find a spare $100 to send to any of the thousand+ who have been arrested over this.  Almost like he considers them pawns and idiots.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

And as far as I know, Trump has donated exactly $0 to these people to help with their legal defenses, while he's taken in hundreds of millions in donations.
That's what I really love about Trump and MAGA, and I've pointed this out many times to the MAGA types I know - Trump has said those J6 idiots were patriots, but somehow he can't find a spare $100 to send to any of the thousand+ who have been arrested over this.  Almost like he considers them pawns and idiots.

They are. They always have been. They always will be. Pathetic. Fucking. Losers. For eternity.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They are. They always have been. They always will be. Pathetic. Fucking. Losers. For eternity.

And some of those J6 types have probably given Trump plenty of their own money in the past.

But he can't be bothered to spare even $20 to help any of them (and they have plenty of GoFundMe type operations going on).

Hell, you'd think he'd donate to a few with the tagline of "hey, I'm helping them out, so you should help me out, here's my donation page".  It'd be free publicity and get MAGA warm in their pants.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hero of the Stupid. 

• Like 2

Can a Leopard change its spots? The shame his felt dissipated quickly:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/republican-congressman-troy-nehls-scolds-jan-6-rioters-barricaded-house-chamber-new-video/

Dramatic new cell phone video obtained by CBS News shows rioters who had breached the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, being scolded by a Republican congressman who was barricaded inside the House Chamber during the assault.

The video was released this week to media by the Justice Department — at the request of NBC News — as part of the federal criminal proceeding for Capitol rioter Damon Beckley, who was convicted during a stipulated bench trial last February of one count each of obstructing an official proceeding and interfering with law-enforcement officers during a civil disorder in the Jan. 6 attack.

In the video, which runs about seven minutes, a mob is shown crowded outside the doors of the House Chamber, yelling at congressional members through what appears to be broken glass. 

Republican Rep. Troy Nehls of Texas interacts briefly with the rioters through the door.

"I've been in law enforcement in Texas for 30 years, and I've never seen people like this," Nehls, who is masked, scolds the mob. Prior to joining Congress, Nehls had served as a sheriff in Fort Bend County, outside Houston. I'm ashamed," he adds.

There were what? 167 GOP members who objected to election cert back in 2021 on the fateful day? How many of them have stood up and done anything that indicates leadership, governance, and in the words of their oath taken: that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

2024 is going to be a bigger shitshow than 2020 was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

It’s still hard to believe just how far off the rails the GOP has gone since the emergence of Trump. It’s like we’re all living in a bad dream.

I'd disagree, this is who they've always been, it was just simmering beneath the surface prior to Trump.  Hopefully, all former Republicans who are sickened by this now see exactly who they were consorting with.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

It’s still hard to believe just how far off the rails the GOP has gone since the emergence of Trump. It’s like we’re all living in a bad dream.

A lot of the Boomer MAGA types have lived from the GOP being led by Eisenhower to the GQP being led by Kid Rock and Charlie Kirk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

On 1/6/2024 at 4:08 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Fuck all these cunts too. They all need to be rounded up and face a trial. If found guilty, death by hanging ….

anyone know what the mention in the tagline to the vodka distiller is referencing? I read the whole article and there was no mention. just wondering if I need to add someone to my boycott list

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone know what the mention in the tagline to the vodka distiller is referencing? I read the whole article and there was no mention. just wondering if I need to add someone to my boycott list

EDIT:  more digging produces this . . .

US Army Colonel Phil Waldron

One Shot Distillery and Brewery

One Shot

Another Texan, retired Army Col. Phil Waldron, was enlisted by Trump allies to disrupt the election’s certification. Waldron, of Dripping Springs, declined to answer most of the Select Committee’s questions during his interview, but circulated a 38-page PowerPoint presentation that, among other things, called for Trump to declare a state of emergency and seize voting machines, the Select Committee said. The plan was dismissed by most White House officials but intrigued Trump, who “was very interested in keeping pathways to victory open,” Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien told the Select Committee.

Jan 6

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Satchel said:

14 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I'd disagree, this is who they've always been, it was just simmering beneath the surface prior to Trump.  Hopefully, all former Republicans who are sickened by this now see exactly who they were consorting with.  

I agree with BamaATL. When I was cajoled into attending my first (and last) Republican meeting, I asked my mom if we were rolling up on a Klan meeting. And I didn't say it like some suburban teen who calls everything he doesn't like a "Klan meeting." Not long before, my way into work had been blockaded by actual robed Klan members who "okayed" me driving away from the plant after the night shift. Dumb fuckers.

To be fair, probably every social affair in late-70s Walker County Alabama had some overlap with the KKK.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Dripping Springs Vodka is one of my preferred.  Seems like they may want to get in front of that headline and ask Texas Tribune to clarify in the story.

Yeah, the inference was unfortunate, and one I immediately ran with until I recalled that there are a bunch of distilleries out there.

21 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Dripping Springs Vodka is one of my preferred.  Seems like they may want to get in front of that headline and ask Texas Tribune to clarify in the story.

it's about the only reason I read the article. I was like there is no fucking way the DSV peeps were involved in this and it turns out I was right. Bad head/tagline

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Could be fun. Don't have to worry about your meals, or what you're going to do Saturday night. And, they do shows. Yeah, they put on shows - maybe "Bye Bye Birdie" or "My Fair Lady". She could be Liza Doolittle.

24 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

the first three words of that article are "A Republican member..." (all I got before the popup asking me to 'scribe). Gosh, I thought it was all the FBI and antifa and the demonrats. The conspiracy runs deep!

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

the first three words of that article are "A Republican member..." (all I got before the popup asking me to 'scribe). Gosh, I thought it was all the FBI and antifa and the demonrats. The conspiracy runs deep!

Antifa must be the smart ones because they haven't gotten caught.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

All of these criminals have a 50-50 chance of being freed next Jan 20th. Sad where we are right now.

He didn’t try and pardon any of them while he was still (briefly) in office, he’s not tried to do anything for them since (not even a fundraiser) not sure he would now - like @Underdog said, you gotta pay Trump in some way.

• Hook 'Em 1